Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2009, 02:37 PM   #1
Veteran Member

What Camera Digital K-7 REVIEW (Take Two)

With Firmware 1.01

This review seems more in the know about the Pentax system than the last review they did for the K-7

Pentax K-7 full review - Pentax K7 with firmware 1.01 full test | Digital SLR's | What Digital Camera

08-21-2009, 08:29 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Interestingly, WDC gives the K-7 a rating of 88% while it gets a user rating of 70%. Unfortunately I didn't find any information regarding how the user rating was obtained. The K20D had a WDC rating of 88% also, but it had a user rating of 100%. Probably meaningless, but interesting nevertheless.

CN
08-22-2009, 01:43 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Cameras is always rated up against what else there is on the market. The K20D camera was a lot better compared to the others than K-7 is, but K-7 could still be better than K20D.
08-22-2009, 03:10 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by Clem Nichols Quote
Interestingly, WDC gives the K-7 a rating of 88% while it gets a user rating of 70%. Unfortunately I didn't find any information regarding how the user rating was obtained. The K20D had a WDC rating of 88% also, but it had a user rating of 100%. Probably meaningless, but interesting nevertheless.

CN
Me to was puzzled by the User rate.

But after a second look I figured it out. At the bottom of the review pagse there is a user rating of the review itself. I voted it very good, just as a experiment. Viola, just as I expected, the user rating went up to 80%.

08-22-2009, 06:44 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Er, I'm not so sure about the user rating being a rating of the review rather than the camera. In going back to the website and looking again it appears to me that they're asking for a review of the camera. I noticed that the user rating is now up to 90%, but this is with only 14 responders. The earlier results were apparently skewed down because of the even smaller number.

CN

Last edited by Clem Nichols; 08-22-2009 at 06:51 AM.
08-22-2009, 10:57 AM   #6

Er.
What I do know, is that the poll asked me to "Rate this reveiw".
This may be a result of an hallusination. But I have taken my meds today
08-22-2009, 12:50 PM   #7
Veteran Member

What I saw said simply "User Rating". This was beside a section where one could share the review with someone else. At no place that I found did it say to "Rate this review". I think it's reasonable to assume when it says user it's referring to someone who is already using a K-7 rather than someone who is using the review. That's obviously subject to interpretation, but it makes little sense to me for someone already using a K-7 to be rating a review of it. If they already own the camera, then as far as they're concerned it's a done deed. If, in fact, the user rating is a rating of the review, however, than to place it beside WDC's review of the camera is misleading to say the least. I'm referring here to the page which comes up when you compare the K-7 with another camera and not the page which opens when you click on the above address. Check it out, and see what you think.

CN

Last edited by Clem Nichols; 08-22-2009 at 01:00 PM.
08-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The user rating is a rating of the review itself as there is a separate section below that where you are able to wrtie a review of the actual camera. I figured that the simpple button options did not seem to be how you would rate a camera!

08-23-2009, 04:25 AM   #9

I'm afraid I cant go back. Because after casting my vote it has changed. Now it says User Rate, just like what you describe, but it also says thanks for voting etc..
The word user could refer to the camera or the review. Basically speaking it could refer to anything

I don't know what to think here.

But this is not that important to me. I think I'll just file it under unsolved mysteries and move on.

I have some walls to paint here, and some woodwork to do.
Or I'll just continue pondering about buying or not buying K-7.
I might even go out to take some pictures with my good'ol K20D
08-23-2009, 06:00 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fototim Quote
But this is not that important to me. I think I'll just file it under unsolved mysteries and move on.

Tim:

I agree 100% with your sentiments about the lack of importance of the entire business, and I too am still pondering about purchasing a K-7. I guess this is what has us both searching for that statistic or bit of information that will sway the balance one way or the other.

CN
11-21-2009, 04:15 AM   #11
Veteran Member

video review is out on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5-s7eLzHCM

It strikes me as a curious review -- seems to damn with faint praise -- and then finishes with a 'Recommended' award and an 88% rating. All's well that end's well, I suppose.
11-21-2009, 07:58 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fototim Quote
I'm afraid I cant go back. Because after casting my vote it has changed. Now it says User Rate, just like what you describe, but it also says thanks for voting etc..
The word user could refer to the camera or the review. Basically speaking it could refer to anything

I don't know what to think here.

Add to mystery:
LOL Note to self: by the sideways one...