Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2009, 07:29 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
pentax ad and "first look" in Outdoor Photographer

Just got my September issue and was surprised to see a K7 ad.
It's a great choice of magazine to put it in and there's even a First Look preview of it (but doubt they'll do a full review of it because they cover mostly landscape/wildlife/outdoor techniques).
There was another article that mentioned the best lenses for each system for wildlife and I noticed they didn't mention the 250-600/5.6 or the 600/4 which I thought you could still special order. I checked PentaxImaging's web site and this no longer appears to be the case so there are currently zero long Pentax telephotos in the lens lineup

08-22-2009, 09:31 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
Just got my September issue and was surprised to see a K7 ad.
It's a great choice of magazine to put it in and there's even a First Look preview of it (but doubt they'll do a full review of it because they cover mostly landscape/wildlife/outdoor techniques).
There was another article that mentioned the best lenses for each system for wildlife and I noticed they didn't mention the 250-600/5.6 or the 600/4 which I thought you could still special order. I checked PentaxImaging's web site and this no longer appears to be the case so there are currently zero long Pentax telephotos in the lens lineup
But they did mention the DA* 300 and 60-250 along with some of the consumer grade longer zooms ...also made reference to a rumored 400 F/4.