Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2007, 10:35 AM   #31
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have stopped caring. It's the only way to avoid a heart attack.

IF the imaging division fails it will get sold by Hoya, supposedly. Well, IF it fails under Pentax management it will die. Either way, it has to sink or swim. I agree that marketing is the only thing that can save it.

IF it dies I will shoot what I have until it needs to be replaced and then I will buy something else. I have always defended Pentax by saying that a camera is just a tool and in the right hands will do all it needs to do. IF Pentax becomes unavailable in the future I will simply apply what I know to a new tool. I would love for it to be Pentax, but we'll have to wait and see.

05-20-2007, 11:24 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by davemdsn Quote
I have stopped caring. It's the only way to avoid a heart attack.

IF the imaging division fails it will get sold by Hoya, supposedly. Well, IF it fails under Pentax management it will die. Either way, it has to sink or swim. I agree that marketing is the only thing that can save it.

IF it dies I will shoot what I have until it needs to be replaced and then I will buy something else. I have always defended Pentax by saying that a camera is just a tool and in the right hands will do all it needs to do. IF Pentax becomes unavailable in the future I will simply apply what I know to a new tool. I would love for it to be Pentax, but we'll have to wait and see.
Latest news is not so good, sorry to say.
Some choice quotes from the bad forum (I like that term)
In connection with the merger issue with Hoya, five managing directors of Pentax have indicated their intention to issue resignations, according to reports on the 19th. The five directors opposed the merger with Hoya, but since Pentax has firmed its intention to accept the Hoya TOB (takeover bid), they felt they had to take responsibility for confusing the management issue. Talks are continuing, including the possible resignation of Pentax president Watanuki Takashi, and in preparation for further talks with the top brass of Hoya on the 21st, they are looking to firm up their management options with the assumption that they will become an affiliate company of Hoya. Pentax has 8 managing directors. With the exception of former president Urano Fumio and former director Mori Katsuo, who were fired for pushing the merger, the remaining six hold the reins of Pentax management. As of the 19th, the remaining six (with exception of President Watanuki) had signaled their intention to resign."

The Sankei papers also suggested that Morikatsu and Urano may be charged criminally with dereliction of duty for their role in promoting the merger while ignoring the danger to Pentax.
AND ( a fuller translation would be appreciated. (What happened to the white knight :l)
At 19MAY, Asahi news paper said that PENTAX management (5 manager opposite HOYA's TOB) resigns PENTAX. 5-managers except WATANUKI CEO resigns.
NIKKEI NETF j[X

So, PENTAX managements, PENTAX's shareholder(STARX is top shareholder), and shareholder meeting approval HOYA's TOB (770-YEN??).
HOYA is interest to PENTAX's hearthcare(ceramic boane,etc)...
In near future, HOYA managements restructuring PENTAX business.

PENTAX DSLR/Digital camera Issue:

They have no buying more for parts(CCD/CMOS sensor, Image data processing-LSI/Software, WB-Sensor, AF-sensor) taht related them small sales volume. Results, PANTAX's DSLR have higer parts cost from other company, such as Nikon.