Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2009, 03:08 AM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Yep. Thats not new to me. i read "digi-kuva" magazine in here finland, and i saw macro lense test in headlines. I was so excited that how will pentax do in it.

So, every brand (canon, nikon, olympus, pentax and sony) had 2 lenses in test.
BUT with pentax, there were NO pentax brand lenses, only sigma and tamron!! (well, there was sigma with olympus and sony too, but at least they had 1 own brand macro in test.

They said that pentax doesnt have new macros imported to finland anymore?!?!? I was like what the h*ll!! Even in helsinki, theres 3 shops that sell NEW pentax dfa 100mm/2,8macro and of course 35mm/2,8 macro Limited!

Well, guess am i ordering that magazine anymore.. I just hate that magazines like that, allways praise nikon or canon. And in tests they compare for ex. pentax lens worth of 700 € to canon´s Lseries lense worth of 1700€!

(ps. funniest test in that magazine was fullframe-camera body test. There was Canon 5dmkII, Nikon D700, Sony A900 and Olympus E3!!!! Oh man i laughed! Guess did olympus beat those? Awesome body BUT way in wrong test.)
Real pro´s those guys.

Do you get what i mean? Have someone else seen tests like that?

08-30-2009, 04:15 AM   #17
Forum Member

Tests like these really spoils Pentax name. Beginners and others think that pentax is one bad and crappy camera wich has no lenses!
But i love pentax and i feel happy i shoot with it.
08-30-2009, 10:02 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pexi85 Quote
Tests like these really spoils Pentax name. Beginners and others think that pentax is one bad and crappy camera wich has no lenses!
But i love pentax and i feel happy i shoot with it.

Pentax needs to remember their old slogan, "Just Hold A Pentax."

Nobody says 'Crappy' after doing that.
08-30-2009, 10:28 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote
Considering that issue has a big "full frame shootout" the 50s are probably selected for that purpose. While the FA50 qualifies as FF, Pentax doesn't have a FF DSLR to put it on.
This is fair enough, but there's still film. (And maybe the notion of a FF a few years down the road. Since few users of any brand are actually looking at *buying* FF DSLRs at least yet, it's probably a bit speculative for most to begin with. )

I'd be very happy if they made the FA 50 with the focusing clutch, or the DA 55 in a DFA version. (There's varying reports on if the 55 will cover full frame well. )

But, I'm not really too worried about full frame (I'd just like the bigger finder and potential for spectacular high-ISO ,) Cause of my general tastes for a tighter FOV and other habits, APS-C-actually works out pretty well for me as I get used to it: the DOF is more flexible for a lot of my favorite things to do under my favorite conditions: it also kind of means that where for film I juggle a fast 50 and a 35/2, I can carry one 28. (Always wished Canon would have made a 40 or 43.)

08-30-2009, 02:35 PM   #20

Maybe they had to purchase the lenses in Europe and couldn't afford the new Pentax lens prices...
08-30-2009, 02:47 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
This is fair enough, but there's still film.
True, but as much as you and I might enjoy film (and if you look at my sig which contains only the highlights of my gear collection you can probably tell I do!) the people buying the big camera rags really don't care about it anymore.
08-30-2009, 03:02 PM   #22

Makes you really question the 'editorial integrity' of the mag. If they elect not to do a review of a fine lens based on poor advertising revenue from the manufacturer, I'd really wonder whether the other lenses are ranked based on lens quality or advert income?

08-30-2009, 11:43 PM   #23
Veteran Member

It really is so true. All of my friends are always just incredibly impressed by how SOLID EVERY ... not just the top of line units ... EVERY pentax is made with the same attention to detail and super solid construction.
08-31-2009, 12:53 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Like it's the first time a magazine or online website has done this...
08-31-2009, 10:02 AM   #25
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Two days on now and no response to my email yet from the editor.
08-31-2009, 10:15 AM   #26
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Not surprising.
Why would they want to hear from a lowly Pentax supporter?
09-01-2009, 05:47 AM   #27

OMG..!!!

I spent 4 months reading up on the new cameras and eventually went in to a camera shop to buy one... The salesperson was heavily suggesting I should buy the Canon 40 something (whateva...) But after a while I asked to see the Pentax K20d...

I held it up and all I could say was... "Ooh la la..!. Now this... is sexy..!"

She just packed the Canon away.... lol

May be she new about the "old slogan"...

Jaz