Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2009, 06:00 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/ needs Pentax K-7 to prove it

I've contacted with Michael Reichmann
from The Luminous Landscape and got the answer

"No one at Pentax seems interested in proving me with one (Pentax K-7) for testing".

Could anybody help Michael with camera for testing?

I know that somebody'd helped Klaus from photozone.de with lenses.

I like luminous-landscape and I'd like to see review there.

Last edited by ogl; 08-30-2009 at 06:37 AM.
08-30-2009, 06:33 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Post in DP review

I would post a quick thread in DP review Pentax Forum and address it to Ned B, or John C.

I have also asked them to provide a camera to David Pouge of the NYT. If you decide to post, you might also ask if they provided a camera to David Pouge....

Nick
08-30-2009, 06:38 AM   #3
ogl
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by spartan Quote
I would post a quick thread in DP review Pentax Forum and address it to Ned B, or John C.

I have also asked them to provide a camera to David Pouge of the NYT. If you decide to post, you might also ask if they provided a camera to David Pouge....

Nick
I'm banned at dpreview. If you can, post this info there.

Michael is in Toronto, Canada.

Last edited by ogl; 08-30-2009 at 07:00 AM.
08-30-2009, 07:41 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I'm banned at dpreview. If you can, post this info there.

Michael is in Toronto, Canada.
ATT: Pentax Canada or Pentax US

08-30-2009, 07:46 AM   #5
ogl
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fototim Quote
Thanks a lot.
08-30-2009, 09:49 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by spartan Quote

Nick
Problem is Ned and John are in the US and that is the market for which they are responsible. Michael is in Toronto, Canada so it should be Pentax Canada that provides him with the test camera.

However, since the internet has shrunk the world to a global village, and Reichman is widely read and highly respected for what he does, the US may want to loan him a copy.

PS: Pentax really need to develop some sort of international cooperation to ensure the likes of Michael Reichman of the Luminous Landscape, Michael Johnson of The Online Photographer, both of whom are widely read but one is in Canada and one in the US, get preproduction copies of new cameras. Yvon Bourque and the author of the OK1000 Pentax Blog received preproduction cameras, but they are Pentax specific, the others are more widely read and would have a wider audience that could be reached to broaden (create?) the brand awareness.

Last edited by MikePerham; 08-30-2009 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Added post script.
08-30-2009, 11:03 AM   #7
Site Supporter

JCPentax on this site is with Pentax USA marketing. You might want to ping him.

Steve
08-30-2009, 08:38 PM   #8
Veteran Member

The other MJ

MJ of TOP has had a K-7 for some time and will likely report in a month or two.

Snip
PS: Pentax really need to develop some sort of international cooperation to ensure the likes of Michael Johns(t)on of The Online Photographer

08-30-2009, 10:03 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by solar1 Quote
MJ of TOP has had a K-7 for some time and will likely report in a month or two.

Snip
PS: Pentax really need to develop some sort of international cooperation to ensure the likes of Michael Johns(t)on of The Online Photographer
Yes, I know MJ has had a K-7 loaner, my reference to him was to suggest blogers of his caliber should be provided with a sample - "the likes of...". However, I appreciate your comment to clarify this for the record.
08-30-2009, 11:01 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
i agree, luminous landscape is one of the sites i respect most for "real world" reviews (the kind that matters). they are also very landscape-oriented, so the k10d/20d/k200d/k7 are definetly cameras they should have gotten to test (especially because they are sealed, but not only). and i agree: who cares where they are based.

a luminous-landscape review is worth much more to me than a dpreview one (regardless if i agree with the writer or not).
08-30-2009, 11:12 PM   #11
Pentaxian

It's been very difficult to get Pentax products to review at the site I write for, as well (though I did just get to play with an X70 last month).
08-31-2009, 04:52 AM   #12
RaduA

My view is that working more with highly reputable sites such as L-L and TOP will only add to the pressure put on dpreview to cut the bs of their usual conclusions such as Highly Recommended (only if you are an idiot who doesn't shot with a canikon). The prompt and very positive review of imaging-resource was also a good sign that Pentax Marketing is alive but I am upset with the absence of a K-7 review from the log of Unbiased Digital Camera Reviews and News | Digital Camera Resource Page.

Sites like L-L and TOP have obviously less traffic and influence to the general public than dpreview BUT they have a lot more leeway towards much more advanced (and financially capable) photographers.

Radu
08-31-2009, 05:42 AM   #13
Veteran Member

If you read the review of the istD, you might find why Pentax isn't 'jumping at the bit'
to have LL review the camera. Once Bitten, Twice Shy.
08-31-2009, 05:49 AM   #14
Pentaxian

Dana, he was pretty positive about the K10D if I recall correctly, and he's always been a lover of Pentax 645 gear (and has reviewed at least a few of the lenses).
08-31-2009, 06:08 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by er1kksen Quote
Dana, he was pretty positive about the K10D if I recall correctly, and he's always been a lover of Pentax 645 gear (and has reviewed at least a few of the lenses).
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't knocking the guy or name calling. I admire his work
and have bought several of his tutorials. I think in these hard economic times Pentax
as well as other manufacturers, will send the new models to whoever will give the most praise. A good business decision for the companies, not for the consumer.
LL tells it like it is and Pentax might not like what LL says.