Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-03-2009, 06:40 AM   #46
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Samsungian Quote
Pansonic GH1 announced today, another camera, their third since September 2007

All G series cameras are still in production & now they add a couple more new lenses for their growing niche system:

Panasonic unveils DMC-GF1 Micro four-thirds camera: Digital Photography Review

& how about this A Full Review with "Conclusions" on day one of GH1 announcement?

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Review: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review

I wonder who'll sell (more) digital interchangable lens mount cameras in 2009?

pentax or panasonic

New lens:

Panasonic introduces LUMIX G 20mm / F1.7 ASPH. lens: Digital Photography Review

New lens:

Panasonic Leica 45mm F2.8 Macro lens with OIS: Digital Photography Review

bsmeter

That is how this relates to Pentax abandoning the K-mount.

09-05-2009, 02:15 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
Exactly. The D300s and the 7D are godsends for Pentax, since they may put an end to the "all serious DSLRs are FF DSLRs" idea that gear geeks have been promoting over the last year or so. Also, a quick glance at the samples from the 7D gives me the impression that Canon has put a remarkably good sensor in this beast, disproving that APS-C somehow has come to an end in both the MP and noise department.

I hope Pentax doesn't have to wait too long before releasing a [select your favourite name - K-8, K-7 super, K-7 Mk II] which refines the K-7 by replacing the sensor with an even better one.
how bout "K-9" and have a cute mongrel as logo or a mascot for it? I'm sure it would be a marketing hit. how could you beat a cute little puppy?

as far as K-7 prices are concerned, I wouldn't mind if there are no price drops in them, I'd rather have significant price drops in Pentax lenses however.
09-05-2009, 04:22 PM   #48
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
how bout "K-9" and have a cute mongrel as logo or a mascot for it? I'm sure it would be a marketing hit. how could you beat a cute little puppy?
I don't understand what is wrong with "K-9" and why is it always mentioned as a joke...
09-05-2009, 04:27 PM   #49
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
I don't understand what is wrong with "K-9" and why is it always mentioned as a joke...
You haven't heard of Canine Corp or Patrol which historically has been marked on military and police vehicles as K-9.

09-05-2009, 04:35 PM   #50
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
You haven't heard of Canine Corp or Patrol which historically has been marked on military and police vehicles as K-9.
Well, now I hear it for the first time. Don't expect non USA residents to know that
09-05-2009, 04:39 PM   #51
Site Supporter

Well, now I hear it for the first time. Don't expect non USA residents to know that
Its actually a world wide thing which is another reason for the K-9 designation for canine patrol. I guess the Aussie police just use a boom-a-rang.

Finnish K-9 patrol

09-05-2009, 10:41 PM   #52
Pentaxian

K-9 in the Commonwealth

Ummmmm ..... when we use a somewhat more formal word for the species, canine, we get - drum roll please - K-9. Not exactly strictly American.

My dim (owing to advancing age) recollection is that Doctor Who had K-9 (a robot dog) as a helper dating back to the '60's. Sarah Jane Smith is hanging about with K-9 now as I learned from the last episode I saw. The Doctor mended him as a gift prior to his exit with Rose.

So please, Americans can be blamed for a wide variety of assaults upon formal English. We're nearly often guilty as sin. This, however, is not one of them.
09-05-2009, 10:56 PM   #53
Veteran Member

actually, I'm being serious ! and I'm serious about the dog logo as well !

09-05-2009, 11:07 PM   #54
Site Supporter

I think K-9 would be a good sequential name for a top camera. However, it better by very good. Otherwise, it will be called a "dog."
09-10-2009, 03:12 PM   #55
Pentaxian

How ironic.

So, they avoided "canine" as a name which would have been a problem in the US where Pentax has marginal market share.

To adopt "cassette" which sounds ridiculous in France, now the biggest market for Pentax K7 - Wikipédia

How ironic.