Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2009, 01:16 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
So this is a whole new lens mount? If so:

Fail unless they have some interesting partnerships in place. u4/3 will bury them.
Dont be too sure. I think there will be several new micro APS mounts in the coming years.....namely Canon, Nikon and Sony. I fully expect each to be proprietary in the best traditions of the photo industry, with converters to use their SLR lenses.

Such cameras will never require the same breadth of lens types and performance demanded by SLR enthusiasts. 3-4 zooms and 3-4 primes would easily cover it.

09-10-2009, 05:24 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by *isteve Quote
Dont be too sure. I think there will be several new micro APS mounts in the coming years.....namely Canon, Nikon and Sony. I fully expect each to be proprietary in the best traditions of the photo industry, with converters to use their SLR lenses.

Such cameras will never require the same breadth of lens types and performance demanded by SLR enthusiasts. 3-4 zooms and 3-4 primes would easily cover it.
I have to agree. After all, I am still waiting for a digital equivalent of the Minolta Vectis so I can use my lenses from that system (especially the 50mm Macro). Then again, it is now S*ny, so I am not holding my breath.

When APS cameras can get that small again (356g for an SLR + batteries and film), I will be happy. Oh, and it was weathersealed to boot - as were the lenses.

Interestingly there was a digital camera with that system - the RD-3000, but it certainly was beyond my means at the time.