Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2007, 02:59 AM   #1
Veteran Member
benjikan's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,312
My Letter to HOYA

A Bit Arrogant, I know...But Necessary:

Hello Sir;

As you may already know, I am a Canadian Fashion Photographer based in Paris, France with over twenty five years of experience and must also say that I am recognized world wide for my work. Up until about three months ago I was Officially Sponsored by CANON France and received a lot of press for being associated with them. As of three months ago I made a very serious move to come on as a PENTAX Officially Sponsored Photographer. Now if you do not know this, I am the first known recognized Fashion Photographer to quit Canon (digital) for Pentax(digital) and Pentax France understood the importance of this from a Marketing point of view. I am also a Consulting Creative Director and Marketing Specialist and understand the importance of this event. It is saying in effect that if Benjamin Kanarek can use the Pentax K10D so can we. As a result of my visibility on about fifteen different forums, I have directly and indirectly affected the switch of Nikon and Canon users to Pentax. As you may already know, I will be appearing on behalf of Pentax France at the "Salons de la Photos" in Paris, October 3 to 7, 2007 at the their stand with my images in large format posted throughout the Pentax booth, that were taken with the Pentax K10D.

My switch to Pentax was a very serious decision and I appreciate that the Hoya-Pentax merger is also a very important event. I do not particularly need Pentax, Nikon, Canon or Sony specific brands to survive in my metier. Any good quality digital camera will suffice for me to perform my task. The reason for this point I am making is the following. I have put forth my name and reputation by backing Pentax and I would expect the same from Pentax-Hoya. I hope that you continue to develop new and novel photographic solutions for the novice and professional alike. We all know that Formula "1" race cars sporting the names Renault, Ford, Porche, etc. aid in the promotion and perception of their consumer products by acting as a "Luxury Benchmark" for those associated with the brand they purchased. That is why the need for a high end Pro Benchmark for Pentax...Let the show begin!

You may visit several of my images on many of the following sites and am looking forward to a fruitful and engaging association with the new Hoya-Pentax merger.

http://www.pentax.fr/_fr/photo/photographes.php?photo&photographes
http://www.benjaminkanarek.com
http://www.olaphoto.com
http://www.pressbook.com/homebook.asp?langue_id=2&owner_id=5144
http://anashcreation.com/thenashgallery/BenjaminKanarek
http://www.lumas.com/?id=719&artist=616&motiv=1617

05-22-2007, 03:13 AM   #2
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Copenhagen
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,845
I think it is fine; not hostile or negative, but very to the point.

I take it that you have written to Hiroshi Suzuki, President and Chief Executive Officer of Hoya Corporation.
05-22-2007, 03:35 AM   #3
Veteran Member
benjikan's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,312
Original Poster
Correct

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote
I think it is fine; not hostile or negative, but very to the point.

I take it that you have written to Hiroshi Suzuki, President and Chief Executive Officer of Hoya Corporation.

That is correct...

Ben
05-22-2007, 03:44 AM   #4
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 126
I like your style Benjamin... great email


Last edited by Lazar; 05-22-2007 at 03:54 AM.
05-22-2007, 07:09 AM   #5
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Florida
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 179
Well said . . .

Paul
05-22-2007, 07:38 AM   #6
Senior Member
button's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 241
Thank you, Benjamin. I thought your letter was impassioned, not arrogant. Lets hope that Mr. Suzuki takes your words to heart.

John
05-22-2007, 08:35 AM   #7
wll
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mission Hills, CA
Posts: 773
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
A Bit Arrogant, I know...But Necessary:

Hello Sir;

As you may already know, I am a Canadian Fashion Photographer based in Paris, France with over twenty five years of experience and must also say that I am recognized world wide for my work. Up until about three months ago I was Officially Sponsored by CANON France and received a lot of press for being associated with them. As of three months ago I made a very serious move to come on as a PENTAX Officially Sponsored Photographer. Now if you do not know this, I am the first known recognized Fashion Photographer to quit Canon (digital) for Pentax(digital) and Pentax France understood the importance of this from a Marketing point of view. I am also a Consulting Creative Director and Marketing Specialist and understand the importance of this event. It is saying in effect that if Benjamin Kanarek can use the Pentax K10D so can we. As a result of my visibility on about fifteen different forums, I have directly and indirectly affected the switch of Nikon and Canon users to Pentax. As you may already know, I will be appearing on behalf of Pentax France at the "Salons de la Photos" in Paris, October 3 to 7, 2007 at the their stand with my images in large format posted throughout the Pentax booth, that were taken with the Pentax K10D.

My switch to Pentax was a very serious decision and I appreciate that the Hoya-Pentax merger is also a very important event. I do not particularly need Pentax, Nikon, Canon or Sony specific brands to survive in my metier. Any good quality digital camera will suffice for me to perform my task. The reason for this point I am making is the following. I have put forth my name and reputation by backing Pentax and I would expect the same from Pentax-Hoya. I hope that you continue to develop new and novel photographic solutions for the novice and professional alike. We all know that Formula "1" race cars sporting the names Renault, Ford, Porche, etc. aid in the promotion and perception of their consumer products by acting as a "Luxury Benchmark" for those associated with the brand they purchased. That is why the need for a high end Pro Benchmark for Pentax...Let the show begin!

You may visit several of my images on many of the following sites and am looking forward to a fruitful and engaging association with the new Hoya-Pentax merger.

Division Photo - Photographes - PENTAX France
Benjamin Kanarek Photographer by ftvstudio
Olaphoto.com : la photo sur le web - annuaire photographie
:: Pressbook.com - Benjamin Kanarek ::
Gallery :: Photography by Benjamin Kanarek
LUMAS - Photo. Art. Editions. - BENJAMIN KANAREK - Selection - Black Sky - White Soul I
Benjamin,

Very well said and to the point, I think they will get your message.


Bill
05-22-2007, 09:53 AM   #8
Senior Member
MShawn63's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 225
Well stated, hopefully they will grasp the significance of someone with your reputation choosing to use Pentax over Canon and Nikon.

Shawn

05-22-2007, 08:17 PM   #9
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 593
Ben,

I would like to thank you for sending this excellent letter to Hoya.

Cheers,
Lance
05-23-2007, 12:35 AM   #10
Junior Member




Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Posts: 39
Ben,

It's the great letter!!!

Salute.
Iv Merkas / JAZZer
05-23-2007, 05:04 AM   #11
Veteran Member
Scott Rylance's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Australia/Geelong, Vic
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 421
Very nicely done Ben,and I thank you as well.
I believe they sent you a reasonable response as well...if I'm not mistaken.
05-23-2007, 07:00 AM   #12
Veteran Member
-spam-'s Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 357
QuoteOriginally posted by Scott Rylance Quote
I believe they sent you a reasonable response as well...if I'm not mistaken.
oooh, you got my attention now. Dont keep us in suspense
05-23-2007, 04:09 PM   #13
Veteran Member
benjikan's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,312
Original Poster
"0"

QuoteOriginally posted by -spam- Quote
oooh, you got my attention now. Dont keep us in suspense
Nothing, Nada, Ziltch, Zero..Total Silence..We shall see..

Ben

PS..Perhaps it did get thrown in the waste bin...
05-23-2007, 05:26 PM   #14
Veteran Member
Scott Rylance's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Australia/Geelong, Vic
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 421
Sorry Ben... one shouldn't assume. Here's the link form the other forum that I thought was your reponse from them.

Straight from the horses mouth: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
05-24-2007, 12:24 AM   #15
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Copenhagen
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,845
QuoteOriginally posted by Scott Rylance Quote
Sorry Ben... one shouldn't assume. Here's the link form the other forum that I thought was your reponse from them.

Straight from the horses mouth: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
Nope, that is the response that I received; originally put in this thread :

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-releases/7257-starting-petition.html
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
canon, france, images, importance, merger, nikon, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, photographer, switch
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HOYA CEO admits not keeping Pentax camera division in the HOYA group? yakiniku Pentax News and Rumors 61 10-18-2009 02:15 PM
Five-Letter Words bb.hyena General Talk 12 02-15-2008 04:37 AM
Help with Letter of Release? Jennifer Photographic Technique 3 08-10-2007 08:27 AM
Letter From HOYA to Me re: My Letter benjikan Pentax News and Rumors 14 05-24-2007 06:36 PM
Another letter from Larry and my Response benjikan Pentax DSLR Discussion 0 03-02-2007 04:17 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:41 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top