Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2009, 01:07 PM   #61
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Eruditass Quote
Good point. I sent pentax an email:

Which CMOS sensor is used in the K-x? Is it the
IMX021 (Sony A700), IMX038 (Nikon D90) or a newer one?

and got this:

Thank you for contacting Pentax.

The only information we have is that the sensor in the K-x is a brand new design from Sony. The K-x has the same Prime ll image processor as the K-7.

If you are in need of further assistance, please respond to this email or call our technical support center at 800-877-0155.

Sincerely,
xxxxxx xxxxxxx
Pentax Imaging Technical Support
It is most certainly a new one (both the ones you quoted are quite old now). However the odds are good that its a customer version of the one in the A500 which is pretty much a contemporary. If samples are anything to go by thats a very good thing (even though NR is almost certainly being applied in RAW).

09-25-2009, 01:23 PM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by *isteve Quote
It is most certainly a new one (both the ones you quoted are quite old now). However the odds are good that its a customer version of the one in the A500 which is pretty much a contemporary. If samples are anything to go by thats a very good thing (even though NR is almost certainly being applied in RAW).
Thats what I thought, I just got chewed up for it here (or probably DPR) for suggesting it wasn't the D90 one
09-25-2009, 11:12 PM   #63
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by *isteve Quote
The size of sensor of A500 and D90 are different.
No doubt that K-x's sensor is version of D90/D5000's sensor for Pentax. Yes. New one.
But I don't think that we will see very big difference with Sony and Nikon cameras with 12 MP APS-C sensor.

Last edited by ogl; 09-25-2009 at 11:23 PM.
09-26-2009, 03:33 AM   #64
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I really hope that those are not the "cross process" art filters on the photos from the first link, as they are rubbish, no where near as good as real cross processed film shots.