Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2009, 02:12 AM   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
6000 euro sounds fantastic.
Old 645 lenses were made in Japan.
Japan factory is closed. Where are Japanese lens masters from this factory?
Discharged?
Ogl, tell me, aren't you tired of posting the same things in every other thread?

09-29-2009, 02:19 AM   #77
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Ogl, tell me, aren't you tired of posting the same things in every other thread?
No. Pentax is in deep spiritual crisis and it's sad for me.
Anyway, I have lenses and camera and I don't want to jump to another system.
09-29-2009, 02:21 AM   #78
Pentaxian

No. Pentax is in deep crisis and it's sad for me.
Anyway, I have lenses and camera and I don't want to jump to another system.
I understand Ogl, and I think everybody here does (although we may not agree with you) but do you think posting it in every thread will help in any way?
09-29-2009, 02:36 AM   #79
Pentaxian

If he post this 1000 times a day, for 1000 days he will reach enlightenment

09-29-2009, 02:43 AM   #80
ogl
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
If he post this 1000 times a day, for 1000 days he will reach enlightenment
I'm Buddha already .
09-29-2009, 03:19 AM   #81
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The professional photographer could choose new system if there are wide choice of lenses, good service and outstanding IQ.
I agree, in the main. But there are pros and pros. Not all make tons of money and not all have loads of cash to put into a new venture. Many are quite happy with full-frame but might want MF for that extra "zing". if they wish to offer MF but do not want to commit to it fully, a cheaper solution makes that possible.

The very important questions - who will buy Pentax 645D and how many users?
  1. Dedicated hobbyists who could not afford a previous solution.
  2. Professionals who want to dabble in MF so they can offer it to occasional clients.
  3. Pentax fans.

I'm Buddha already .
Buddha on the net? I don't think so.
09-29-2009, 04:53 AM   #82
ogl
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote

1. Dedicated hobbyists who could not afford a previous solution.
  2. Professionals who want to dabble in MF so they can offer it to occasional clients.
  3. Pentax fans.

500 humans who don't know how to spend 10000-15000 USD?
09-29-2009, 05:27 AM   #83
Veteran Member

@ Ogl,

There's much more than 500 people earning more than 1 Million dollar / year. For those people buying a 645D repesent less than buying a K7 body for most of us.

Last sunday, I saw a guy photographing his daughter/niece with a digital Mamiya. Yes, socker mom style, but with 10 000 worth of gear.

If you have plenty of money and are not in Lamborghinis, what's wrong with buying medium format gear ? (Or Leicas, or high end audiophile gear)

So that's it for the weathly amateurs;

About the Professionnals,

The real customers will be the renting companies, and for that the support programs, financing plans etc... will be critical.

They already have an existing inventory for most of them, but I think they will be interesed by a lineup made more for outdoor like Pentax or Leica.

Pentax is still a name in the medium format world. So this not a brand issue here.

09-29-2009, 06:21 AM   #84
ogl
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ghelary Quote
@ Ogl,

There's much more than 500 people earning more than 1 Million dollar / year.
Do you really think that millionaires want to buy digital MF camera? And a lot of millionaire are fans of Pentax and well-known photographers? :ugh:

Digital MF is niche product,
but I think Pentax should offer 645D as a last resort in spring of 2009. 2010 is too late...

Pentax is too sluggish...
09-29-2009, 06:57 AM   #85
Site Supporter

Some of it may depend on how many people out there have FA glass in 645 format.
09-29-2009, 10:22 AM   #86
Veteran Member

I have no idea what you are talking about. And I am rather glad of it.
09-30-2009, 10:56 AM   #87
Pentaxian

Do you really think that millionaires want to buy digital MF camera? And a lot of millionaire are fans of Pentax and well-known photographers? :ugh:

Digital MF is niche product,
but I think Pentax should offer 645D as a last resort in spring of 2009. 2010 is too late...

Pentax is too sluggish...

The *market* is sluggish, but the very-rich aren't people you need to worry about when it comes to asking, "Would you like to buy something special?" Even if it just comes out in Japan (It wouldn't be the first time something medium format came out only over there: they made 645 *autofocus point and shoots for the mass market over there.* Occasionally someone visiting Boston would walk into our store with a Plaubel Makina to feed for their holiday snaps. We'd be like, "Let us wipe the drool off the counter and check the fridge."

Cliche, but they're *mad* for photography over there. Mad. Americans are that way about a number of other things, but I have no doubt a digital 645 will sell there and leave Americans paying top dollar to get hold of one.

As for speed as in FPS, 'spray and pray' just ain't what medium format is *for.*
09-30-2009, 12:56 PM   #88
Loyal Site Supporter

I really think it depends on what the camera ends up being like once it is released. Someone with a few FF or other highend bodies and some reasonable glass could unload their kit to help pay for MF. There are a few very good 645 lenses available and an endless supply of older glass.

Pentax might not sell a lot of them....but I do think sales of their other lines would be stronger if a serious professional (not "semi-professional) flagship camera was available. If they have already invested in R&D, then they might as well invest a bit more in a production run.

This is one product that is unique and is likely to draw people that are entrenched in other brands over to Pentax.
10-01-2009, 08:53 AM   #89

this post is so old its been going on for over 3 years lol
10-01-2009, 09:09 AM   #90
Site Supporter

I doubt very many people will spend 8 grand on a MF camera, unless they make posters out of there pictures.