Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Bunny Gear Quote
I think K-x is not Pentax. It's HOYA.
Pentax is Hoya. Or the other way round.

09-19-2009, 02:26 AM   #17
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

There's another, positive way of looking at it too. Pentax has been a disaster at sales for the last 25 years, losing market share year on year. Along comes Hoya & kicks them up the butt and makes them competitive again. This is a good thing

And, if as he says, it'll sell well in Asia, well that's several billion people where much of the financial growth (& emergence into the 'middle class' with expenditure on objects that middle class craves ie dSLRs) so yeah that's another good thing.

As for this meaning that Pentax has suddenly become a Mickey Mouse brand, that doesn't really stack up - must mean all the others are too because they've got video. It's just progress - today's consumer wants different things. Video has grown enormously over the last 5 years but above all it's grown on Youtube. This is a great tool for Youtube because now you only have to carry 1 thing, not 2... and much more lens flexibility. A good thing

On top of that it's not as if they're planning to abandon their pro stuff, from what I gather 645d might be on the horizon, K-7 just came out... etc. So as far as I'm concerned thanks for pointing out all the positives
09-19-2009, 04:50 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The first HOYA camera was K-m. Not bad, not very good. Simple and cheap..
No. It's still Pentax. They just have a new owner.
If anything, they (Pentax) are allowed to do more now than previously when they were more careful....
09-19-2009, 05:23 AM   #19

Maybe moderators could check if the IP is the same as that used by RiceHigh? It could be good to know, just to avoid confusion. The content certainly looks as writen by him.

09-19-2009, 05:49 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Bunny Gear,
You sound very stupid and stubborn..

Pentax is looking for a financial stability and welfare, so now is under Hoya, which is a good thing if you compare Pentax in 2004-2005... when they did not have a face nor position in a market..

All the products starting from K10d are well thought and with potential.

K-m is great, K-x is even better.

why to change a body which is great? k-m firstly was a concept of a different and very succesful small intuitive body design, only a fool would make it different with the next body.

k-x is k-m stuffed with goodies from k7 what to complain? i do not understand your position totally!

nowadays many aspects of the digital cameras can be viewed as widgets/gadgets.. but that's the reality of 2009..

more over many of your facts do not reflect the reality.. like... old Prime 2, how old? several months old? is that already too old?

don't you think, that so many innovations and resources were put into K7, and now Pentax/hoya needs a little time to breath, and can put the same of that GOOD stuff into a much cheaper body? without spending fortunes on research and innovations.. to earn some profits..

what camera would you like, so wouldn't rant like you are now?

you say K7 is expensive? compared to what?

I can agree about focusing points, but that's about it..
and we all know that there is no perfect camera.. and for 95% this issue certainly isn't a deal breaker..

so, get serious!

I'm with pentax if they are doing things for they financial success.
09-19-2009, 05:51 AM   #21
Pentaxian

I bet this is the same idiot who's trolling the DPR Pentax forum under the name Really1.
Bunny Gear has started two Pentax bashing threads full of lies and distortions. I doubt very much that he owns any Pentax gear. He's a troll and should be banned.

Last edited by audiobomber; 09-19-2009 at 05:59 AM.
09-19-2009, 08:30 AM   #22
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax is Hoya's camera division. That is one of the reasons they acquired Pentax. That and they also got a medical optics division and sport optics division out of it.

That's like saying Canon cameras aren't Canons because they are made by a different division than the copiers and printers.

As far as the specs o the K-x goes, well your comment on the 1/6000 is the funniest thing I have read all day and have looked at some Ramirez cartoons.
09-19-2009, 09:12 AM   #23

bunnygear is a moron

Really, Prime II is old and old AF system. At first I thought this was going to be a joke as most here like to have fun and kid around. However, after re-reading, I think this individual requires some help understanding technology.

It does not matter if it is hoya or pentax, same company. I suggest the bunny take up planting carrots and leave picture taking for photographers.

09-19-2009, 09:30 AM   #24
Pentaxian

That one is funny as well. If not a troll, what is he?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/67160-af-c-k-7-marketing-trick.html
09-19-2009, 09:54 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Hey Bunny,

I don't agree with anything you have said in your first post.

You do understand the K-x is an ENTRY level camera right? You do understand that right now it is a VERY highly spec'd entry level camera?

Do you even understand that ALL entry level cameras have a reduced feature set when compaired to cameras higher in the line? So Pentax chose to not include illuminated focus points. Big deal. The other cameras in the class chose not to include HD video.
09-19-2009, 09:58 AM   #26
Pentaxian

IBTL
09-19-2009, 10:55 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Pentax of 2009 is not my Pentax.
@Bunny Gear, how can that be? The K-x 100 colors were made specifically as gear for bunnies!

Moreover, Pentax should be no troll's one...
09-19-2009, 11:06 AM   #28
Veteran Member

BG isn't RH. The similarity is in the ESL problem (though RH's command of the English language is better). As for stubborn, this is somewhat a cultural thing (as was mused on in BG's previous thread.

Just pat the bunny on the head and let the hop on their way. He isn't anything like *this* rabbit:

09-19-2009, 11:12 AM   #29
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Ip addresses and server addresses are different than RH. You guys are having a good time I think I'll just get some popcorn and a beer, watch the show.
09-19-2009, 11:13 AM   #30
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Hun that's nasty. I think we'll close this one.
Closed Thread