Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2009, 04:47 AM   #31
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SSMaryland Quote
Pentax could get alot of mileage of selling a pink Camera as a limited edition tie-in with the Korman Foundation for Breast Cancer
They'd have to give a portion of the sales to the foundation, or else it wouldn't be ethical to cash in on that.

09-21-2009, 07:50 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Count me among those who are hoping for international sales... since my wife has declared that she wants a purple one to replace her K100D. And what my wife wants, she usually gets.

I'm rather partial to the yellow and the lime green ones myself, but I'm going to stick with the plan of getting a K-7 next! The K100D will probably be kept around for its CCD sensor/long exposures, maybe that will have to get a little paint job or some other modification...
09-21-2009, 04:48 PM   #33

Photos: Gallery
Yes, bring them here.

I agree with the majority. Pentax, please offer all of the colors and combinations here. Every year for over 10 years I have spent literally hundreds of hours working with young people. Ages 6 years to 20. From what I have observed the color of the camera usually means more to them than the name on the camera. Contact me directly if you care to.

I hate to disagree with you hinman and with all due respect, I really like the trashy green version. If the K-x was a weather resistant body I would love to have one for use in my wildlife photography. If the K7 was offered in that color it would be the next on my list to purchase. That way I would not have to use the gilly suits I made for my cameras. Of course I may be the only one who would consider purchasing one.
09-21-2009, 06:08 PM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
They'd have to give a portion of the sales to the foundation, or else it wouldn't be ethical to cash in on that.
They would charge a premium for the camera, emblazoned with the Komen Logo. People would buy them buy the caseload. They could be prizes at "Race for the Cure events the world over.

Think Subaru!!

09-24-2009, 09:57 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Ok, some changes in color scheme names to match the current invisible warfare that I have created with friend and enemy back in HongKong. Someone like moderators or you all, please comment if you find it offensive or that this is the right thing to do to make our PF members discuss issues right at home in PF.

vs

RHTrashyGreen vs HMBashyWhite -- K-x

RHTrashyGreen vs HMBashyWhite -- K-xC

Color Schemes Explained

RHTrashyGreen
  • Say no to RH blog for the campaign in staying positive in Pentax
  • Visit his blogs to gather information that other report on issues, be warned of biased opinion, rumors, and repetition of issues
  • Visit to his blogs are encouraged to find out what he bashed about, be warned of getting influence from biased opinion from a famous blogger
  • Limit your visit as little as you can to stay focused on PF or other valuable venues of Pentax forums that are NOT biased based on one individual's opinion and disappointment from measurbation. Disappointment are bound to happen in seeking perfection.
  • PF members talk about issues here and resolve issues here, and don't get biased influence from one single person who seems to HATE Pentax much more than what he enjoys with his great collection of superb Pentax gear

HMBashyWhite
  • I am essentially nobody but I hate confrontation to people
  • I am likely the PF members who has more friends than enemy. Who cares what I write, I am just like another Pentax user.
  • I am likely the most liked Marketplace seller as I am the LBA/CBA fanboy elected in 2008. I will be damned if you elect me again in 2009.
  • RH is my very admired blogger who has gone off to the wrong end of bashing Pentax on an daily basis
  • I can be Jay Leno Knock-out, perhaps not, just occasional funny to my friends.
  • I love white and green, I love both colors seriously but I prefer the stylish white over green. I have no intention to bash people who loves green as I crave for green color and it goes from my daily water plastic cup to my working shoe

[Edit]:
Color is one's individual choice. And the choice can be unique to his taste, thinking, and functional purpose as in trashing, bashing and actual photo shooting. It is a bold and welcoming change and I hope Pentax plans the logistics carefully to at least have enough color to be made available to US that it becomes a major paradigm shift in the entry level markets.

Thanks,
Hin

Last edited by hinman; 09-29-2009 at 06:49 AM.
09-24-2009, 01:44 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Just as soon as these cameras hit the market they'll pop up on ebay by japanese sellers. And probably chinese/vietnamese sellers too. This is a non-issue.
09-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The only difference to the buyer is the warranty. In Canada, I think the camera and lens have 2-year warranty. If the item is purchased from Japan, it would be 1-year international warranty.

09-24-2009, 02:16 PM   #38
Nubi

NFL, MLB, NBA, college edition k-x will fly off the shelf. :ugh:
09-24-2009, 05:14 PM   #39
Forum Member

I'd have to agree. Allowing people in the states to "customize" the color of their very first SLR camera could do for Pentax and SLR sales in general what companies like Dell did for PC's when the started allowing people to customize them.

Teenagers have much more money to spend these days and I don't know about you guys, but I never see a teenager go anywhere without a camera in hand. Offering customized color choices could put Pentax cameras in the hands of many younger individuals who are looking to take their first steps up from point and shoots...