Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2009, 07:05 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Request to Pentax to make K-x color an international choice

Here are my thoughts on the Pentax K-x and Pentax K-xC (request to Pentax by Hin)

I hope Pentax can make the color selection an international and global choice without boundaries. It is a difficult logistics for Pentax but it can attract enthusiasts with no physical and geological boundaries. If they go this far to tempt us with colors, please tempt us on an equal basis.

PS: some punt intended in my blog post . enjoy it while we can before RH take a stab on reporting RED HOT issues and problems with color. Congratulation to all of us Pentaxians who stay put in Pentax.

Thanks,
Hin

Last edited by hinman; 09-20-2009 at 07:34 AM.
09-19-2009, 08:21 AM   #2
emr

Pentax is probably figuring that Japanese gadget-happy customers are more likely to buy cameras in different colours than customers in other areas. Therefore the vast choices are only in Japan for now. But the company is also testing other markets with these limited white, red and blue models. If they sell well, they just might increase the number of choices elsewhere too.

So, Hin, do your part and buy at least one if not more of these special colours!
09-19-2009, 08:44 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hysterical
09-19-2009, 09:50 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Is Pentax Japan (or even Ned?) keeping up with this site?

Bring color choices to America

09-19-2009, 10:10 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I think the custom colour choices by pentax is one of the most interesting and inovative things I have seen happen to the DSLR world.

It is pure marketing. It is allot of fun. I expect it will do really well in Japan.

There are some colour combinations they could, and should add and we might see them latter.

I don't expect these cameras will be ready for the 2010 winter Olympics, but what about cameras in National colours?

Imagine a sea of Dutch at the speed skating oval all weilding orange cameras?

Rapid Canadians shooting hockey with red & white cameras?

Americans, French, and Russians all with red white & blue....
09-19-2009, 10:11 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I'd hope they're seeing it as a trial. Look at it for a few months, if it works over there globalise it to maximise revenue. Otherwise it'll just end up with endless grey imports which is such a chore for everyone, customers included. That said there are almost certainly production and/or distribution issues that none of us are aware of.
09-19-2009, 10:38 AM   #7
Inactive Account

OK, I'm probably going to be castigated for this but I think not releasing the pink camera in the US market is a big mistake. Based solely on my wife's reaction (who is ready to trade in her practically new K100D Super), I think it would be quite popular with some of the ladies. Make a special insert in white with a pink ribbon and make a donation to the Susan G. Komen Foundation for every sale. Help to fight breast cancer and gets Pentax's name out there. Plus if it was available at Best Buy, think how many tween and teen girls would have to have that "like totally awesome pink camera."

CW

09-19-2009, 11:04 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by straightshooter Quote
OK, I'm probably going to be castigated for this but I think not releasing the pink camera in the US market is a big mistake. Based solely on my wife's reaction (who is ready to trade in her practically new K100D Super), I think it would be quite popular with some of the ladies. Make a special insert in white with a pink ribbon and make a donation to the Susan G. Komen Foundation for every sale. Help to fight breast cancer and gets Pentax's name out there. Plus if it was available at Best Buy, think how many tween and teen girls would have to have that "like totally awesome pink camera."

CW
You are the Man, I salute to you to think out of the box and have thoughtful ideas that make business sense. A great honorable idea that benefits good course and marketing smartly and rightly so with smart channels.

To all who responds, you all rocks with great ideas. I love the invisible camera idea. But I have a twist with the color schematic. Why not have a transparent model with super color led for facelift on-demand with a hit of button or stealth mode self correction with user criteria on temperature, mood, humidity, location, subject detection and others. Of course, override with menu options on screen.

And to all those Techie guys who love the mechanical impulse of the mirror chamber and inner connection between the SDM vs internal motor, we can watch and shoot draw dropping all day seeing how the image is cast onto the sensor. For those with 20/20 vision, they have a built in dust sensor with their naked vision.

The idea of color led are the best to go with the Supersonic Polyplastic body in translucent form illuminated with solid pigment from the color led.

Dream on.... I hope Pentax see this. How can we tell? How can they not?

If you think this is worth a request, please place a comment either here or that in my learning blog http://www.techtheman.com. I can use some help with subscription in RSS or Subscription by email to increase the masses in saying no to RiceHigh and negatives, and staying focus on the positives.

Thanks,
Hin

Last edited by hinman; 09-19-2009 at 11:09 AM.
09-19-2009, 01:18 PM   #9
Veteran Member

How can I buy one of these from Japan? Is the cost even worth it?
09-19-2009, 01:23 PM   #10
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This kind of marketing works.
Thanks Hin for putting the idea forward.
Getting Ned's ear on this proposal might have him thinking at least about it.
His blog would be an easy way to get in touch...
09-19-2009, 01:26 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Just checked with a Pentax rep at the recent promo. The color selection was originally intended for Japan only (test market) and not for the worldwide market. Color selection is not available in N. America at product launch. However, it is still undecided - hope we can at least get some selections as you suggested.
09-19-2009, 01:33 PM   #12

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
How can I buy one of these from Japan? Is the cost even worth it?
You can contact Masamichisan at the CrescentShop - Shopping from Japan - Crescent Trading

I have used his services on several occasions, highly recommended.

Whether that hot pink K-x is worth the extra outlay is up to you - or your spouse ;-)
09-19-2009, 01:39 PM   #13
Veteran Member

How much more does it cost though? I know shipping internationally is about $50.
09-19-2009, 02:23 PM   #14
Veteran Member

So I just tried one out, and it costs about an equivalent of $765 just for the camera and kit lens when converted, not to mention how much more the shipping would end up costing. I guess I'm stuck with the normal 4 color choices.
09-19-2009, 02:30 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
So I just tried one out, and it costs about an equivalent of $765 just for the camera and kit lens when converted, not to mention how much more the shipping would end up costing. I guess I'm stuck with the normal 4 color choices.
Technically...you're stuck with the standard color and 3 limited colors