Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2009, 03:39 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Pentax US/Canada would have to sell them directly to customers. For stores to stock that sort of variety would be a nightmare. Even big box stores would probably only carry a couple of the most common selling colours.

The trouble with online sales is people want the instant gratification. But maybe they'll wait a week if they can get the colour they want. I dunno. Yes it might be good for marketing, but I'd rather have Pentax accessories that don't break twice in two weeks like my flash.

09-20-2009, 02:08 AM   #17
RaduA

Google Translate

Already on 36th place in Amazon.jp sales top.

Radu

P.S1. There are some grip options too and while I like mauve with black grip and black lenses I suspect the version with pink grip will be a blast for ladies.
P.S2. It just downed to me why they have 100 combination. I suspect they want to eliminate all the other cameras from the Japanese Top 100!
09-20-2009, 03:41 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
Google Translate

Already on 36th place in Amazon.jp sales top.

Radu

P.S1. There are some grip options too and while I like mauve with black grip and black lenses I suspect the version with pink grip will be a blast for ladies.
P.S2. It just downed to me why they have 100 combination. I suspect they want to eliminate all the other cameras from the Japanese Top 100!
I named this version as my favorite

Thanks,
Hin
09-20-2009, 04:17 AM   #19
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
I named this version as my favorite

Thanks,
Hin
It only can mean that you have a very good eye, Hin!

Regards,
Radu

09-20-2009, 04:38 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Body Modding

QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
To all who responds, you all rocks with great ideas.
The more I think about it (and watch the reactions), the more I believe that Pentax gave birth to the new movement of
BODY MODDING
It is exactly like case modding now a hobby in its own among computer affines.

Seeing that a camera is a digital and highly technical device, why should it stay free of the modding effect?

Now, Pentax needs to offer more replaceable parts. Let the modding begin

PS
bodymodding.com domain is not free
09-20-2009, 07:29 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Hi folks...
I just finished reading this wonderful blog and thought...Even though we do not have the cam yet, what would you like to see? Everything from serious to goofy......and while you are over at Hins blog, sign up to receive his email notifications. Every Pentax owner should have this bookmarked as you will get honest reviews from a real user written with passion.... Hin's Tech Corner: Pentax K-xC Plan Revealed -- Request to Pentax Corp.

As for me, I still want to see the Hello Kitty scheme...Street shooting with hello kitty around my shoulder, now that is cool...

So lets here your ideas and remember, have some fun...
Thank you buddy. I am launching a campaign to "Say NO to RHTrashyGreen", please stand by me and PM me if I am way over the line. And do your usual thing for me -- the needed prayer that I always ask you.

This is an Pentaxian effort, we need all the Pentax storm troopers to be united
Canikons get assimilated into Happy Pentaxians

Regards,
Hin

Last edited by hinman; 09-29-2009 at 06:52 AM.
09-20-2009, 04:44 PM   #22
Nubi

I have feeling though that they will be available in US down the road. Europe for sure. Just wait a bit. I wouldn't pay a premium to those Japanese venders on eBay. You will see them there in about a month. What will be on ebay is the ones ordered by Japanese customers who for whatever reasons did not pick up.

09-20-2009, 07:33 PM   #23
K-9
Veteran Member

Yes, Japan sellers could have a field day selling these on ebay. I'm sure lots of buyers all of the world will want a specific color. With 100 of them, I'm there will most likely be a larger run on certain colors than others. I can see black, silver, white, navy, red probably being the top 5, with the pinks and weird aquas being a much less production run.

I can see it now, the yellow body with the brown grip listed on ebay as "only K-x ever seen in this color - the banana monkey limited edition" and it will go for $1100.
09-20-2009, 10:05 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
The more I think about it (and watch the reactions), the more I believe that Pentax gave birth to the new movement of
BODY MODDING
It is exactly like case modding now a hobby in its own among computer affines.

Seeing that a camera is a digital and highly technical device, why should it stay free of the modding effect?

Now, Pentax needs to offer more replaceable parts. Let the modding begin

PS
bodymodding.com domain is not free
Check out CameraLeather.com Custom camera leather and leatherette.
09-21-2009, 02:56 AM   #25
Inactive Account

BODY MODDING
First person to give their Pentax a Prince Albert wins.
09-21-2009, 03:14 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Those colour options are "built by order" and the question is, how many customers in the EU and US are prepared to wait 2-3 months for their camera to be delivered? In todays market, 2 months is a long time.

Pentax can't ship individual samples from the factory, they need to collect orders so they can ship several similar cameras in one go. It would cost too much to ship individual samples and the customers would therefore have to pay a premium price for the colour options and very few would like to do that.

So, it is much more economical for the world wide market to have limited colour options, to make a couple of thousands of a certain colour combination and when they are done they are done. Too much problems with logistics to ship all 100 colour-options.
09-21-2009, 03:31 AM   #27
Inactive Account

Pink Camera

Pentax could get alot of mileage of selling a pink Camera as a limited edition tie-in with the Korman Foundation for Breast Cancer
09-21-2009, 03:51 AM   #28

Location: Grahamstown in the Eastern Cape province of South Africa
Now if it was also aviable in a camo pattern for wild life photographers that would be super. I do agree that the colour range be aviable to all. (See post on camo in another post as well).
09-21-2009, 04:17 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
First person to give their Pentax a Prince Albert wins.
That would be tele lens modding, not body modding
09-21-2009, 04:46 AM   #30
James S

That would be tele lens modding, not body modding
Or in some cases Pancake Prime modding.