Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2009, 08:06 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I feel that K-x attracts only with 100 colors. The discussions about K-x calm down very quickly.
USA presentation was like home party. K-x is not in top 20 at dpreview.com.
Even K-m was more interesting for the customers.
It's pity...
I don't think so and IMO this is BS, Ogl. Look more carefully and NOT on this dorum or DPR. This isn't the target of this camera.

A friend of mine is considering dropping his D80 and associated lenses (including 70-200/2.8) for a K-x. And not because of colors.

09-23-2009, 08:12 AM   #47
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
K-x is not in top 20 at dpreview.com.
Technical reason: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
09-23-2009, 08:17 AM   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Anyway, it's not even out yet, I mean: no review, no high Iso sample, no magazine coverage etc. What would you expect Ogl ?
09-23-2009, 08:27 AM   #49

For ANY camera maker, at ANY time, since WHEN is a mid range model released at the same time as the entry level and high end model? I don't know of ANY time when an entire line up was released at once, for any products, really, unless it was a totally new company.

Spring 2009 - High end
Fall 2009 - Entry
Spring 2010 - Mid range with 2009 high end features with Fall 2009 prices and size
Fall 2010 - Profits and Lenses

Repeat in 2011-2012

09-23-2009, 08:53 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
A No Live View/ non-video model is imo a non-starter at the current state of the market. It would be dead in the water sales wise simply because every other competing model now sports this feature.
QuoteOriginally posted by walro Quote
I have to agree. The issue is more LIve View, than video. This is the first thing that people moving from point and shoots to SLRs look for. They are used to taking photos in a certain way and if everyone else offers Live View and Pentax doesn't, than they will gravitate to other brands.
You're forgetting a non-LV/Video camera would be a couple hundred dollars cheaper. For those who're only in it for the pictures that is a huge selling point. Or for those who don't have loads of spare cash lying around.

A 'competing' model isn't really a competing model if it's priced at 200$ more.

Last edited by kevinschoenmakers; 09-23-2009 at 08:58 AM.
09-23-2009, 08:53 AM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mister Guy Quote
For ANY camera maker, at ANY time, since WHEN is a mid range model released at the same time as the entry level and high end model? I don't know of ANY time when an entire line up was released at once, for any products, really, unless it was a totally new company.

Spring 2009 - High end
Fall 2009 - Entry
Spring 2010 - Mid range with 2009 high end features with Fall 2009 prices and size
Fall 2010 - Profits and Lenses

Repeat in 2011-2012
I like your thinking and timeline Mister. And RaduA, you beat me to it!

I am way past tired of talking about Ogl's crap statements, but am very much looking forward to getting my pre-ordered K-x. Ogl, you should start a blog about how much you love pentax, and yet hate them too. Most of us (rightfully) see this as a bold, good move to get more pentax users into the fold, or add a 2nd body to a K20/K7. The move this is NOT, is to satisfy nit-picky forum prognosticators.