Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2007, 03:30 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Letter From HOYA to Me re: My Letter

Letter From HOYA to Me re: My Letter to them:

Hello*Mr. Kanarek,
Thank you for your*comment in regards to Hoya and Pentax merger.
It is still too early to talk about what will happen after TOB because we are still under discussion, but we*would like to let you know what we think about Pentax*camera business and our merger.
As you already know, Pentax is one of Japan's best-known camera makers with worldwide brand recognition and a nealy 90-year history, and*HOYA respects it*very much. We appreciate*Pentax's excellent technology,*products and brand. We believe that*two companies are the best partners and*by integrating both companies' skills and technologies, we can grow much bigger. That's the reason why*we are offering tender offer.
Hoya is a manufacuturer, not investors or fund managers. We do M&A in order to strengthen our business, not to chop them up and sell.*HOYA believes*Pentax will be able to continue inventing excellent*products*to meet its*customer needs, and we can support in many ways.
We are so glad to know that Pentax*is working with a talented artist like you. We'd*appreciate your*continuous support.
If there are any quesitons, please feel free to contact us anytime.
GHQ
CEO

05-24-2007, 03:40 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Good to know that you heard back from them.

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
not to chop them up and sell.
Now thats pretty encouraging. I think Hoya knows that by aquiring Pentax, they are getting a winner of a company that can only help them expand in the long run as well.

Perhaps this will silence the doom and gloom folk for a few days at least.
05-24-2007, 03:41 AM   #3
Veteran Member

As expected of them...
Perhaps you should also inform those in the other forum that you got a reply
05-24-2007, 03:43 AM   #4

Great, I am glad you sent mail in first place. It shows that Pentax has some users and also professionals. Your email maybe wont change anything but at least it makes Hoya representatives aware that Pentax has very good user base and professionals.

Thank you for that.

05-24-2007, 06:19 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Hoya is a manufacuturer, not investors or fund managers. We do M&A in order to strengthen our business, not to chop them up and sell.*HOYA believes*Pentax will be able to continue inventing excellent*products*to meet its*customer needs, and we can support in many ways.
GHQ
CEO
Ben,

I am pleased that you recieved a response. More to the point it looks like this was a personal response rather than a mantra from HQ.

I think the line from your quote, listed above, may be the most promising words to come forth on this entire affair. Hopefully, this is truly their intentions and nothing less.

Like you, I wrote them. Personally, I do not expect to see a reply...but I am happy that you did. Thanks for the effort and the posting of the response.

Stephen
05-24-2007, 07:43 AM   #6

Thks Ben, I'm feeling a little better
05-24-2007, 07:56 AM   #7
Forum Member

No kidding, I feel better, too.
05-24-2007, 08:19 AM   #8

Yeah, as a former Minolta user, I don’t want to go thru this calvary again.

05-24-2007, 10:26 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Thanks Benjamin,

I appreciate the support you're giving to Pentax and us forum users. I personally don't think the merger is bad, but it's always good to hear positive things from the people involved.
05-24-2007, 10:44 AM   #10

Both of these replies that I've seen in this forum has put my mind at ease to some degree. I'm not the worrying kind when it comes to stuff like this, but of course when some people say that the camera division is at jeapordy, you react...

I didn't expect an answer at all, so to see this is encouraging.
05-24-2007, 10:44 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Best news for a long time! Next, I hope to hear that we will indeed se our DA*'s in the beginning of August and that the 55mm f1.4 will follow soon after!
05-24-2007, 12:04 PM   #12
Inactive Account

Well Ben, from what I have seen here from the letters written and the responses, they are about the same. It would really be nice to see this merger happen and Pentax take off with good management. We all know they make a great lens and a very fine line of cameras. However I do not for see Pentax gaining much market share for some time. I think Hoya will pace themselves after the merger, and hopefully expand the product lines in lenses, and also generate more sales with good choices in camera and design. I don't see them trying to compete with C&N. I see them holding their own for a while, and a wait and see attitude. For us the consumer we may find it hard to see a slight decline in sales but in the long run (if Hoya stays the course) we could see a very steady advance and gains on market share. As a small stock holder I would prefer the long term view. I don't get rich from Pentax stock but a couple of hundred in dividends per year has been nice to reinvest. This year has been very good and I hope with the merger to see those few holdings grow even more. So as being one who has money riding on Pentax future I'll keep my stocks and see them become a fine investment in the years to come.
05-24-2007, 02:24 PM   #13

Ben

I would like to personally thank you for your efforts. You did what we didn't do, and you did it for all of us, Thanks again

TedP
05-24-2007, 03:04 PM   #14
Inactive Account

Congratulations Benjikan !!! We are waiting with much anxiety uncurling of this Hoya/Pentax union, that already turned a novel. E we wait that that is a happy end for all!

Pedro Ernesto Guerra Azevedo
pedro.azevedo@iron.com.br
Santos - São Paulo - Brasil
05-24-2007, 06:36 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TedP Quote
Ben

I would like to personally thank you for your efforts. You did what we didn't do, and you did it for all of us, Thanks again

TedP
+1

Also think it's nice that they acknowledged your talents and it's value to them. Hope they also value their customers as well!