Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2009, 02:25 AM   #61
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Yes. Approx. $1500/€1500. Anyway we have to wait for 1-1.5 year.

10-04-2009, 03:33 AM   #62
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I've got new info - FF could be cheaper than we expect.
I'll ask again - where is this new info from?
10-04-2009, 04:56 AM   #63
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
One woman said. (the little bird told me)

Last edited by ogl; 10-04-2009 at 11:45 PM.
10-04-2009, 04:59 AM   #64
emr

Just wait a moment until ogl has taken a nap and found some more information. I mean even if those release dates would be for real, I find it very unlikely they'd settled for the price two years before.

10-04-2009, 05:05 AM   #65
Nubi

One woman said.
This person is not named by any chance Wendy?
10-04-2009, 06:28 AM   #66
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
This person is not named by any chance Wendy?
No, I guess Wendy B. told him about 645D and FF with multiple FF lenses ready for Photokina 08, now he has all this "true info" from another source.

Enter Bendy W.!!!!!!!

Radu
10-04-2009, 06:30 AM   #67
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

One woman said.
This woman somehow has the inside knowledge of Hoya/Pentax?
A lot of messing around with our minds here, ogl, for being so sure of these 'truths'...
Well anyway, nice to entertain the thoughts - and I'll wait for them to come to fruition...

10-04-2009, 07:24 AM   #68
MCR
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
IMO - it doesn't matter, if this rumors is true. I hear some info about that HOYA works on FF and some other format few weeks ago.
So, maybe it is true.
10-04-2009, 08:20 AM   #69

One woman said.
Now I feel really reasured.

But the price range makes sense from an eonomic point of view. Sony is selling *today* a sub €/$ 2000 FF camera.

In 1-1,5 year it should be cheaper. Electronics tend do drop price in time. And don't tell me that it's only because miniaturization and that the size of the sensor is maintained.

A camera as K-7 would have costed twice as much two years ago.

Regards,
Luis
10-04-2009, 09:22 AM   #70
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by lpfonseca Quote
Now I feel really reasured.

But the price range makes sense from an eonomic point of view. Sony is selling *today* a sub €/$ 2000 FF camera.

In 1-1,5 year it should be cheaper. Electronics tend do drop price in time. And don't tell me that it's only because miniaturization and that the size of the sensor is maintained.

A camera as K-7 would have costed twice as much two years ago.

Regards,
Luis
I don't think Luis that you're 100% correct! Yes the general price of electronic components is lower and lower but this is mostly because they are in continuous miniaturization. Not so the sensors which are of constant size (although bigger production numbers and larger wafers equals lower per unit costs).

But a pro level camera is a sum of parts which are quite expensive such as professional shutter, large pentaprism. mirror mechanism more complex as the fps is higher, Mg cast metallic camera body). Those are more constant in price and a pro level camera will still need a substantial price if the manufacturer hopes to make a profit (e.g. which Sony doesn't, btw).

Regards,
Radu
10-04-2009, 09:32 AM   #71
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
IBut a pro level camera is a sum of parts which are quite expensive such as professional shutter, large pentaprism. mirror mechanism more complex as the fps is higher, Mg cast metallic camera body). Those are more constant in price and a pro level camera will still need a substantial price if the manufacturer hopes to make a profit (e.g. which Sony doesn't, btw).

Regards,
Radu
In my experience, whenever a company tries to buy market share by reducing their margins with a so called loss leader, it comes back to bite bite them in the arse! This is what Sony appears to be doing and it may well backfire on them if they are unsuccessful in garnering a significant market share with this gambit.
10-04-2009, 09:47 AM   #72
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by MikePerham Quote
In my experience, whenever a company tries to buy market share by reducing their margins with a so called loss leader, it comes back to bite bite them in the arse! This is what Sony appears to be doing and it may well backfire on them if they are unsuccessful in garnering a significant market share with this gambit.
I fully agree Mike and they started this with the A900 which by all signs sold very poorly although it was priced pretty low and now they try to move A900 parts in A850 for even less without losing face by discounting A900 by 35% or more.

A850 is the same camera except the slightly smaller prism and with an in firmware neutering to 3 fps.

Regards,
Radu
10-04-2009, 09:47 AM   #73
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Is The original FF camera from Pentax (K1) fitted with a Kodak Sensor? Well, I Guess Samsung and Kodak would bid to win Hoya for the FF Sensor.
10-04-2009, 10:12 AM   #74
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by junyo Quote
Ever since that crappy Kodachrome, their optically perfect but undoubtedly screwed up mirror for the Hubble, and making sensors for low end POS's like Hasselblad and Leica.

Pentax should never do business with such a screwed up company.
Kodachrome II (25ASA) was the best slide film around when I purchased my first SLR (Canon Pellix QL w/58mm F1.2) in 1966 IMHO. Fuji didn't get their act together until the 80's.
10-04-2009, 10:17 AM   #75
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Kenn100D Quote
Is The original FF camera from Pentax (K1) fitted with a Kodak Sensor? Well, I Guess Samsung and Kodak would bid to win Hoya for the FF Sensor.
"At Photokina next week Pentax will announce a new 6 megapixel (3072 x 2048) Digital SLR, it will use Philip's 6 megapixel 35mm size CCD (12-bit progressive, 12 µm pixel pitch)."
Pentax Digital SLR - 6 megapixel: Digital Photography Review

Pentax 6mp Digital SLR hands-on: Digital Photography Review