Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2009, 11:04 AM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Nubi Quote
You know, it is right between the AF assist lamp and the "SR" sign. A slightly raised "bump," just behind the lens mount at about 10 o'clock. If you put your right hand around the grip, and if you push the shutter button with your index finger, it is at about where the tip of your middle finger will end up. I think a part of the mechanism that control the aperture blades is housed there is what I told.
Ohhhhhhhhh that one on the K-7...completely forgot about it

The pre-lauch rumors about it were pretty funny like it was a secret, not-yet-perfected feature placeholder or something
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I've got new info - FF could be cheaper than we expect.
Source or it didn't happen.
QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
No, I guess Wendy B. told him about 645D and FF with multiple FF lenses ready for Photokina 08, now he has all this "true info" from another source.

Enter Bendy W.!!!!!!!

Radu
Wendy B!
QuoteOriginally posted by MikePerham Quote
In my experience, whenever a company tries to buy market share by reducing their margins with a so called loss leader, it comes back to bite bite them in the arse! This is what Sony appears to be doing and it may well backfire on them if they are unsuccessful in garnering a significant market share with this gambit.
I'd have to disagree. Look what Sony has done so far. Sure, they lost Beta to VHS...but made "Walkman" a household name like "iPod" is today.

We know for a fact that the PS2 caused a huge boom in DVD sales, and the PS3 is continuing that today since it's (still?) the cheapest Blu-Ray player.

They make the cheapest BR players AND it plays games AND it can be a media server. Around $600 at intro, most BR stand-alone player retailed around that mark next to the PS3. Sony lost money for sure, but were crucial in defeating HD-DVD and the M$/Toshiba partnership.

10-04-2009, 11:19 AM   #77
Veteran Member

I think I said it before, but you heard it here first. AF motors to be replaced with sensors that shift on a 3-d plane. A side effect will be tack sharp photos while the camera dangles around your neck. I will update with more info from some woman later. Oh and Pentax will pay all of us to use it! This thread is ridiculous.
10-04-2009, 11:19 AM   #78
Veteran Member

thanks. maybe Philips is the sensor
10-04-2009, 11:50 AM   #79
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
I think I said it before, but you heard it here first. AF motors to be replaced with sensors that shift on a 3-d plane. A side effect will be tack sharp photos while the camera dangles around your neck. I will update with more info from some woman later. Oh and Pentax will pay all of us to use it! This thread is ridiculous.
First this thread is not accurate because according to the same guy and his "sources":

- FF is already here and so is 645D: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/345542-post314.html, https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/305286-post279.html
- we already have new FF lenses: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/305275-post277.html

Btw, it's always a good time to launch some wild rumors when one makes a new blog and it is equally wise to name it as such as you can chose latter if you're going to speak good about or bad mouth Pentax. Hmm such a labile person with wild mood swings reminds you of anyone in particular?

Radu

10-04-2009, 12:11 PM   #80
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Come on guys stop bashing Ogl

I really think he's right about at least one thing - there will be K-mount FF digital SLR at some point. There has to be
10-04-2009, 12:32 PM   #81

QuoteOriginally posted by Urkeldaedalus Quote
1. This would be great. One way or the other I hope the K-7 gets lowed nicely into that Nikon D90/vacant Pentax K200D price slot within the next year. I think it will perform very well there through early to mid 2011.
I really wish the other way, that is, the K-7 can stay price-wise the way it is now - below D300/7D, but above D90 - almost exactly the same price as the 50D.

To wish it go down to K200D level (which is even lower than the D90 price-wise) is the same as wishing that the K-7 won't sell well that its price has to be lowered. Please, I'd rather it has the popularity that it needs to maintain its relative price level.
10-04-2009, 01:21 PM   #82
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MCR Quote
IMO - it doesn't matter, if this rumors is true. I hear some info about that HOYA works on FF and some other format few weeks ago.
So, maybe it is true.
It's not about who, but about the credibility of the rumours, like who you also heard that info from (and who's Wendy B., pardon my ignorance?).
I'm glad for ogl stirring the pot - he's done it before and it was exciting to see it come to reality.

10-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #83
Veteran Member

1. New camera with crop-sensor with 8-9 fps (higher specs than K-7).
Second half of 2010.
Yes, this will be in line with the 12-18 month release cycle. This will be K7 replacement camera.
QuoteQuote:

P.S. K-7 goes to lower $900-1000.
Yes, as they sell off stock following K8 release. Same as for K20.

QuoteQuote:
2. 645D will be launched on spring, 2010. Very good featured. Very good price.
Already confirmed by Ned. Is this a surprise?

QuoteQuote:
3. FF camera with 5 new FF lenses will be announced close to the end of 2010.
No info about date of sales. Forecast - first part of 2011.
Sensor - two options Not SONY.
Hardly a new rumour. They have publicly announced that they are keeping an open mind. A lot will depend on FF market evolution, success of previous models and penetration of Kx. Already Samsung sensor available.
QuoteQuote:
4. Micro-APS system will announced too. Maybe it will be the camera like Leica X1 with 40 mm lens. Not clear.
Already hinted at in AP in the UK. Rapid sales of G1 have shocked Canon and Sony. Both are already working on their own versions.
QuoteQuote:

Is it beyond Hoya's power?
No but I think prioritisation will have to occur. I think micro APS will be priority #1 ahead of FF.

However you have not said anything thats not already common knowledge.
10-04-2009, 04:45 PM   #84
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Angevinn Quote
OGL may be onto something, he's been right before about other releases, K-7 & K-X. There has also been no recent lens road map. The road map would be a dead giveaway of future plans especially if new FA or D-FA lenses were on it.
Well, those who'd be likely to make FF cams have already did, save for Sigma. Nikon, Canon, Sony, and even Leica have FF DSLRs already in the market. Any leaked or announced lens road map from Hoya containing D-FA lenses (I do think they have effectively retired developing new FA lenses - there's a lot of marketing they can put on "designed for digital") won't matter one bit to any of those manufacturers, since they're already doing hard battle amongst themselves for the FF market space (well, except Leica who markets to a different audience for the most part).

Of course, if said road map includes micro-K lenses (or something like that), though, then that should trouble Panasonic and Olympus, who are the only players in their own market niche thus far.
10-04-2009, 04:59 PM   #85
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MikePerham Quote
In my experience, whenever a company tries to buy market share by reducing their margins with a so called loss leader, it comes back to bite bite them in the arse! This is what Sony appears to be doing and it may well backfire on them if they are unsuccessful in garnering a significant market share with this gambit.
I fully agree Mike and they started this with the A900 which by all signs sold very poorly although it was priced pretty low and now they try to move A900 parts in A850 for even less without losing face by discounting A900 by 35% or more.

A850 is the same camera except the slightly smaller prism and with an in firmware neutering to 3 fps.

Regards,
Radu
I don't see why you guys are so down on what Sony's doing. I think they have been smart in placing products in the market. Yes, Sony has put out a couple of loss leaders on the market, but it's certainly not biting them in the arse, at least in terms of building a user base. As far as I know, Sony is now sitting at number 3 in the DSLR market, and they've done so while starting off at the bottom when they acquired Minolta.

As much as I'd want Pentax to challenge for that spot (and they have the goods to do so), they're still not there, or at least I think Sony has the upper hand for now. My expectations would be Canon and Nikon at 1 and 2 (can't say which one has the upper hand, but it should be close), Sony at 3, and possibly a tight battle for fourth by Olympus, Pentax, and Panasonic.

It should be interesting how it all pans out by year's end.
10-04-2009, 08:52 PM   #86
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vinzer Quote
I don't see why you guys are so down on what Sony's doing. I think they have been smart in placing products in the market. Yes, Sony has put out a couple of loss leaders on the market, but it's certainly not biting them in the arse, at least in terms of building a user base. As far as I know, Sony is now sitting at number 3 in the DSLR market, and they've done so while starting off at the bottom when they acquired Minolta.
Well, Sony have deep pockets and they are sitting in nbr 3 in part because of their pricing strategy, and (I suspect to a lesser extent) in part because there is a large user base with legacy lenses, but at the end of the day they better get a bigger market share (at nbr 3 they are still no where near Canon and Nikon). As I said earlier, if this strategy doesn't get them a much larger market share, they will not get the ROI that is essential to keep the FF DSLR, and perhaps even their APS-C cameras viable. Let us see how the FF landscape looks about 2-3 years down the road.
10-05-2009, 06:25 AM   #87
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
Hoya can launch FF camera instead high-speed APS-C.
But, all will be clear in 1 year. The market will give the answer.
The camera will be cheaper than A850.
My source is trusted.

Last edited by ogl; 10-05-2009 at 07:47 AM.
10-05-2009, 07:27 AM   #88
RaduA

Don't believe the voices, they are probably just nurses!

Hoya can launch FF camera instead high-speed APS-C. The camera will be cheaper than A850.
My source is trusted.
Gee, think so? So your source is able to confirm what that poor Ned told us about the 645D? Is it really coming? Wow, this is huge! What about the TC you knew nothing about one week ago? Did Wendy told you all about this too? Super! And you say we can have either a fast APC-C camera or a FF one? Hmmm, I wonder for sure didn't the voices told you anything about any more normal cameras, harder to predict such as a circular sensor one or a cubical 3D sensor with the ability of going back in time and freeze motion? Or that very secret Pentax project of a 67Digital with a cell phone sensor inside? See you know nothing ?
How's the blog going? Ready to go the RH way of fame and glory out of nothing? Glad to hear so!

Radu
10-05-2009, 07:40 AM   #89
ogl
Banned

Original Poster
Gee, think so?
Radu
Radu, do you know about method of "mutually exclusive hypotheses"?

As for TC - maybe it's strange for you, but I have no info about it.:ugh:
Because, my source haven't asked Ned about TC.

Maybe your source was at K-x's presentation in NY?
If he was here, you should know MORE about HOYA's plans.

*isteve has explained everything already for such person as you.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/764146-post83.html

Last edited by ogl; 10-05-2009 at 07:46 AM.
10-05-2009, 07:55 AM   #90
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
"At Photokina next week Pentax will announce a new 6 megapixel (3072 x 2048) Digital SLR, it will use Philip's 6 megapixel 35mm size CCD (12-bit progressive, 12 µm pixel pitch)."
Pentax Digital SLR - 6 megapixel: Digital Photography Review

Pentax 6mp Digital SLR hands-on: Digital Photography Review

Oh wow I had never seen this before. I love the look of that camera! Imagine the noise levels of a 6MP FF sensor by the way...