Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2009, 04:50 AM   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
So I really don't understand why you're so adverse to the idea of Pentax being a brand because that is the corporate reality. .
I'm not denying the realities of Hoyas takeover. But merely a brand name Pentax is not. Merely a brand name is whats Samsung is doing with their Schneider labeled Pentax made and designed K-mount lenses. Pentax is exactly as before; developing teams, manufacturing facilities and sales organizations. Thats not MERELY a brand name.

10-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Hmm... nothing new here, just people waiting Pentax to die.
I'll check back in 5 years, not that I expect any change

Right, you'd think that Pentax had not just brought out its best and possibly most successful digital SLR ever and does not have a new and very slick entry level DSLR and is not planning to enter the medium format DSLR marketplace. It's like they're moribund and waiting to be rususcitated. My guess is that Hoya will hold on, at least for awhile, to see how well the Pentax Camera Division will perform, but what do I know? (Actually it's about as much as anyone else who has posted in this thread.)

Rob