Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2009, 03:07 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
You have over 3K+ links and it will explain your high Google page rank. You are pretty popular.
He has 59 incoming links and your hinman's blog has 130 incoming links. You must properly quote the search expressions for no nonsense results.

The Google pagerank is a page's reputation. It is based more on "who" and "how" is linking into your site than "how many". A single link from a Wikipedia article is not beaten by a "link farm" of sites cross-referencing each other. This is why Wikipedia articles show up high on Google searches.

E.g., pentaxforums.com has rank 4 while photozone.de has rank 6.

Note: Google itself stopped to use or update the pagerank as it moved to more elaborate algorithms (pairwise correlations). It is kept for historic reasons only.

Last edited by falconeye; 11-04-2009 at 03:16 AM.
11-13-2009, 06:49 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
He has 59 incoming links and your hinman's blog has 130 incoming links. You must properly quote the search expressions for no nonsense results.

The Google pagerank is a page's reputation. It is based more on "who" and "how" is linking into your site than "how many". A single link from a Wikipedia article is not beaten by a "link farm" of sites cross-referencing each other. This is why Wikipedia articles show up high on Google searches.

E.g., pentaxforums.com has rank 4 while photozone.de has rank 6.

Note: Google itself stopped to use or update the pagerank as it moved to more elaborate algorithms (pairwise correlations). It is kept for historic reasons only.
I stand corrected. I should have used the keyword with "site:" instead of "links:" in search engine.

By the way, I have included your blog into my Pentaxian blog on the right sidebar as I highly value your review of K-7 and that of the recent K-x. An urgent question and favor to you is that I have Pentax K20D which I love using with the exception on slower AF. Other weaknesses I can live by with no whining. I find the AF system sufficient for normal use but once I go for shooting wildlife as in birding, I find the lacking in AF much pronounced.

I plan to upgrade from K20D to both K-7 and K-x. If I get the K-x now, will it be an awkward move for me as I really like the handling of K-7. I am planning for a two stage upgrade: 1st stage is to get a white Pentax K-x and use it as a dual system with my K20D. When the right time come, I will go for the 2nd stage to get K-7 or the next version after K-7 as in something hopefully a K-8 soon. That means, I have a chance to skip K-7 altogether. Do you see that as a wrong step for me. If so, please let me know as I trust and value your assessment highly on the dynamic range and high ISO noise with K-x.

A belated thank you and a much needed help in the buying decision.

Warmest,
Hin

Last edited by hinman; 11-13-2009 at 06:56 PM.
11-13-2009, 09:25 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats Hin!!! A well deserved success!
11-13-2009, 09:45 PM   #34

You have a great site Hin, I enjoy it and have learned a lot from you. I hope you continue to have good success with it. I have really enjoyed you reviews of older lenses and the nice pics you take. Thanks man!

12-03-2009, 11:06 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Congrats Hin!!! A well deserved success!
It is an honor to get a comment from you. It is a shame that I don't include you, the most famous photog in Pentax community in my blog. I will have your blog feed live in my Pentaxian blog roll as soon as I find the moment to fix up my sidebar widget for Pentaxian Blogs

QuoteOriginally posted by Ramitt Quote
You have a great site Hin, I enjoy it and have learned a lot from you. I hope you continue to have good success with it. I have really enjoyed you reviews of older lenses and the nice pics you take. Thanks man!
Thanks very much for the encouragement. I need all the help from my readers and that includes a word of encouragement.

I recently wrote a short article about Why I Love Pentax

and it explains why I chose Pentax. It has a commercial video clip that I found interesting to tell the story
why I chose Pentax and not want to be like everyone else

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um9KsrH377A&feature=player_embedded[/YT]

QuoteQuote:
"Why am I different from others?" asked the deaf teenage girl.

"Why ... do you have to be like others?" replied the old man.

"Music is a visible thing," said the old man.

"Close your eyes. You will see." said the old man.

Last edited by hinman; 12-03-2009 at 11:33 AM.