Keep up the good work.

10-24-2009, 12:24 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Hin, you are Gandalf to RH's Saruman.

Keep up the good work.
Jay and all of you, I really want to thank you for the great support. Ever since that I reported surpassing RH in alexa and seoMoz ranking, I may have pissed off the RH followers. I did get a few comments with madness asking what qualifications that I have compared to RH. I didn't react as I am just like any other GOOD pentaxian who values Pentax gear on a fair basis and we seek to make better of our gear versus those who seek to bash and whine on bad pictures down to a single pixel. RH still stays in touch with me, I think. He may have been a bit pissed off but he is cool with me, I hope.

A side note, I was out eating out alone due to late work and I met the restaurant owner Chris, whom I talked to a month ago about Pentax gear and his desire to upgrade from Sony A300. We had a lively chat, demo of my K20D and I left him with my blog address for reference and q&a if he seeks Pentax path.

Yesterday 2nd meet up with Chris, the restaurant owner, told me that he got his new K20D along with two zooms. And he is very satisfied with his purchase experience and he thanked me for my blog for the extra push for him. It is a little thing to mention but it makes the mundane blogging efforts to share my joy with Pentax gear much worthwhile.

Warmest,
Hin
10-24-2009, 03:23 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
. . . I did get a few comments with madness asking what qualifications that I have compared to RH. . . .
Hin
Hysterical That is funny I don't care who you are!
10-24-2009, 03:31 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
As blue said

I did get a few comments with madness asking what qualifications that I have compared to RH.
Hin
That REALLY is funny....... and disturbing all at the same time....

10-25-2009, 10:57 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Congratulations!

Your site & RH's were an influence on my decision to stay with Pentax for my transition from film to digital SLR. Initially, I was a bit confused by the fact RH was so critical, yet personally owned a K100, so I spent a lot of time analyzing his comments. Digging deeper, his critiques gave me great insight on what to expect from the K100.
10-26-2009, 09:42 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Where's a beating a dead horse gif when you need one?
10-26-2009, 10:04 PM   #22
Site Supporter

10-26-2009, 10:14 PM   #23
Veteran Member

10-29-2009, 08:48 AM   #24
Veteran Member

CONGRATULATION...I am a big fan of your writing.

Negativity usually draws more attention, and I am so glad reviews of your kind, done on a personal no nonsense level can compete. I am very happy for you.
10-29-2009, 08:52 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
That REALLY is funny....... and disturbing all at the same time....
Well said...it is disturbing in so many levels....
11-03-2009, 11:54 AM   #26

Congrats! I had not been following your blog but you've got plenty of topics there.
11-03-2009, 05:54 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
CONGRATULATION...I am a big fan of your writing.

Negativity usually draws more attention, and I am so glad reviews of your kind, done on a personal no nonsense level can compete. I am very happy for you.
You all are making me feel welcome and I thank you so much for your kind words. I will take time to enjoy my LBA while sharing my experiences in my tech blog. I am very spoiled by my master scheme of buying and trying used lens that are of interest to me. And for all of you nice LBA forum members, please DON'T tempt me with a PM for selling items. I have tried very hard to restrict myself from the marketplace. I am very weak in saying NO to another purchase

QuoteOriginally posted by waqas Quote
Congrats! I had not been following your blog but you've got plenty of topics there.
Thank you so much. My interest varies and I have recently tried to add entries on green environment. I am totally naive on renewable energy and how to conserve and preserve our natural resources. Every time that I visit a local wildlife refuge in a salty marsh shoreline, I am constantly reminded that we as photographers are fortunate to be able to close in to natural habitats of many animals. I appreciate topics that bring us to be conscious to our community that we live in and the environment that we share in a Eco system with animals and plants that we all love as our shooting subjects.

Photography get me up close to our mother earth and the warmth of human side and I hope I will work on that direction in my blog so as to bring awareness of nature to my readers. I usually have more bigger prints in my personal blog in http://hintheman.blogspot.com. My personal blog is not updated as frequently as I would like to and hence, I usually pick my pictures of my most liking for posting and sharing with my readers.

Warmest Regards,
Hin

Last edited by hinman; 11-03-2009 at 06:02 PM.
11-03-2009, 06:59 PM   #28
Veteran Member

I never understand these page rank things...

my personal site (more photo site than real blog) that is linked in my sig which I haven't been updating in ages and it is still google rank 4... Though my Alexa rank is around 20,000,000... lol...

Speaking of which I really need to get off my butt and update it in the next week or so, I have heaps of pictures to upload :-/
11-03-2009, 07:24 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by joele Quote
I never understand these page rank things...

my personal site (more photo site than real blog) that is linked in my sig which I haven't been updating in ages and it is still google rank 4... Though my Alexa rank is around 20,000,000... lol...

Speaking of which I really need to get off my butt and update it in the next week or so, I have heaps of pictures to upload :-/
Google page rank weights on how many in-links you have on your site. If many other sites that has a google page rank that has a link to your site, your page rank will likely add weight into the overall google page rank calculation. Google rank don't decide how your page is indexed. Not all sites that link to your site is counted if there is a link attribute of "NoFollow." My google rank was zero a month ago and upon my recent reconsideration request, they resurrected my previous rank=3 to rank=2. Your page rank at 4 is pretty good Google page rank. I think PF page is likely at 4 or 5. Having a high Google page rank does not mean a thing as what is being indexed on the Google Search Engine is more important. There is no magic formula in how a search engine rank a page or index a page and a research into SEO for search engine optimization will enlighten you if you are curious. And the best site to leverage your site with Google is through http://www.google.com/webmasters. And you can see from google.com or search.yahoo.com on how the search engine see your page. For example

You have over 3K+ links and it will explain your high Google page rank. You are pretty popular.

Alexa ranking is ranking site on a different basis, I think they rank the traffic to a site, the more page-view that they detect by some means of toolbar and widget, the higher the ranking is.

SEOMoz ranking is probably a mix of Google page rank along with other proprietary criteria set from the site in http://www.seomoz.org.

We may be off topic. Just a note, you have beautiful pictures with your Olmpus gear. Are you still shooting Pentax? I hope you do! I still love aps-c and I am sticking to aps-c and I highly value Olympus 620 and E3. The body in 620 closely resembles a Pentax mx and Pentax SuperProgram body. Not as small but small enough to remind me of the great Pentax film bodies.

Warmest,
Hin

Last edited by hinman; 11-03-2009 at 07:41 PM.
11-03-2009, 09:18 PM   #30
Veteran Member

We may be off topic. Just a note, you have beautiful pictures with your Olmpus gear.
thanks....

QuoteQuote:
Are you still shooting Pentax? I hope you do!
Yes I have switched back to Pentax only now (within the last few weeks).. as I said need to do some work on my site..

QuoteQuote:
I still love aps-c and I am sticking to aps-c and I highly value Olympus 620 and E3. The body in 620 closely resembles a Pentax mx and Pentax SuperProgram body. Not as small but small enough to remind me of the great Pentax film bodies.
If Olympus cared about primes I may very well be still using them.. but they don't and generally their zooms although crazy sharp, lack in regards to bokeh (at least to my tastes)..