Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2009, 06:03 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Hin's blog surpass RH in Alexa and mozRank

I don't have as much traffic as RH blog. I write mainly to share my photography experences and RH of course reports all problems and issues with his added opinions and spins on various reported issues and problems. I respect him as a friend for his blog, but I don't agree with him on his untiring work in stepping down on Pentax.

QuoteOriginally posted by RH blog when his blog reaches 1 million pageview:
And in term of the site "popularity", mine is still the highest Alexa ranked unofficial Pentax dedicated site, amongst all the Pentax sites of different types, themes and natures (exclude forums but include all other information-sharing websites like the excellent K-mount knowledge base by Bojidar Dimitrov and those semi-official blogs like Ned's or Yvon's etc. (which I think Yvon's site is actually a commercial one as his books and related products are promoted and there are Ads whereas Ned's one is both semi-personal and semi-official)).
I checked today based on a Mozilla firefox plugin called Quick Search Status. I have surpassed RH blog by a margin today. It is too early to celebrate until I can confirm my Alexa ranking further. But here are what the plug-in reported to me in my Firefox browsing of my blog and that of RH home page.

Hin's blog: http://www.techtheman.com

Google page rank: 0/10 (I have 0 rank, yet to be resolved with Google)
Alexa rank: 469.875
mozRank: 4

RH blog: you all know what it is

Google page rank: 3/10
Alexa rank: 587,417
mozRank: 3.67

Just a tiny bit of success that I overjoy at the moment. I want to share my enthusiasm with Pentaxian. I can' beat RH in terms of his popularity but at least I can chip in to praise Pentax for what it is good at and the Pentax credits that are long due from its consumers and bloggers who value them fairly. And in my blog, I have included all other Pentaxian blogs that can share a fair view on photography along with Pentax gear, you can see all the Pentaxian blogs update and the list will only get longer as I am going to make more Pentaxians friends to share our concerted efforts in appreciating Pentax gear on a fair basis.

Thanks to you all,
Hin

Last edited by hinman; 10-12-2009 at 05:50 PM.
10-10-2009, 06:56 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Good for you. I hope it pi$$es off RH.
10-10-2009, 07:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Good job! It's way to easy to be negative.
10-10-2009, 10:39 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cool! Added you to the list of my favorite photo blogs in my blog.

10-10-2009, 11:06 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well done.
Thanks for sharing and already added to favoutrities.
10-10-2009, 11:28 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Good work!

God, it always pisses me off when I see some website say they got their info from RiceHigh.

I even think I saw him called a "Pentax insider." Madre de dios...

Good work, Hinman. Just as long as you don't go guano loco like RH.
10-10-2009, 11:30 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Good stuff!
10-11-2009, 01:16 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Congrats. I really enjoy your blog since I'm a lens-aholic. I recommended it to a fellow Pentax shooter friend of mine in Boston. She concurs with my assessment.

10-11-2009, 07:02 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thank you to all of you for the support and encouragements.

RH has become a friend of mine and I do respect him as a good blogger and a kind friend to me in the blogging community. I was wrong about a month ago trying to wage a war with RHTrashyGreen campaign with trashy and insulting wording wanting to defend Pentax and its community to his onslaught of efforts seemingly stepping down on Pentax gear with issues and with much success in his popularity.

His work in his blog does hold Pentax accountable to all the reported and known issues and we should consider that as a plus to certain degree to the Pentax community. We don't need to react with doubts and hate but rather let Pentax react to his reports to come out with another k-7 that is better than k-7, another k-x that can be more bold than the current k-x, and perhaps a 645D that an average joe in us can save up for. Well for the latter, maybe in retirement bidding on impulse on a 645D parts-only-and-as-is and hopping our next generation as in my two boys have gotten a degree close enough to fix it up for HinTheMan in retirement.

RH comments to me in my blog is exceptionally kind as we do share common interest in appreciating some of the Pentax gear in the past such as his Pentax F* 300mm f/4.5, Pentax K100D, and probably many of his precious babies -- the Pentax prime lenses. He is a unique person with a character we may not understand. It is quite difficult to be kind to him and his work but I will do my part to be open and treat him with honor and respect whenever I can. As I learned from his comments, this world can do better with less hatred but with friendship, warmth, and kindness.

Warmest to you all,
Hin

Last edited by hinman; 10-12-2009 at 05:48 PM.
10-11-2009, 09:31 PM   #10
Site Supporter

Did a $1000/hr lawyer show up and serve you papers or something? I still say his site is close to libel and slander. Pentax is making a mistake by ignoring him based on the number of hits he gets in addition to them being a niche market at the moment. Hopefully, much of his traffic are just people going to the circus to see the clowns. He has no background to be writing many of his "articles" on bodies such as the K20d, K200d, K-7, etc since he hasn't owned them and his most current body is the K100d. I have used the K200d for a year and a half and the K20d for a year and I wouldn't feel comfortable writing a true objective review. Yet in 10 minutes of handling them at a shop or friends, he is an expert.

Edit: Wait, I think I'm going to start a blog and subjective review whatever BadBuy has on the shelf.

Last edited by Blue; 10-11-2009 at 09:36 PM.
10-11-2009, 09:34 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Great job, hin!
10-13-2009, 06:42 AM   #12
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Did a $1000/hr lawyer show up and serve you papers or something? I still say his site is close to libel and slander. Pentax is making a mistake by ignoring him based on the number of hits he gets in addition to them being a niche market at the moment. Hopefully, much of his traffic are just people going to the circus to see the clowns. He has no background to be writing many of his "articles" on bodies such as the K20d, K200d, K-7, etc since he hasn't owned them and his most current body is the K100d. I have used the K200d for a year and a half and the K20d for a year and I wouldn't feel comfortable writing a true objective review. Yet in 10 minutes of handling them at a shop or friends, he is an expert.

Edit: Wait, I think I'm going to start a blog and subjective review whatever BadBuy has on the shelf.

rice high's most current bodyis a km and apparently, he likes it to a certain degree.
10-13-2009, 09:22 AM   #13
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by opiedog Quote
rice high's most current bodyis a km and apparently, he likes it to a certain degree.
Which means he doesn't like the K-m to a certain degree. I am surprised since he bashed it when it came out. Regardless, that doesn't bestow automatic expertise on all Pentax bodies or other manufactures for that matter. BTW, the KM is a classic film body. The K-m (K2000) is the digital body.
10-13-2009, 11:39 AM   #14
Site Supporter

Congrats hin!

As for "you-know-who", he can rant on how bad a Pentax camera is and conclude that Pentax is crap. And he can rant on how good a Pentax camera is, and conclude that Pentax is crap. So whatever he argue he reach the same conclusion. Obviously he is a very complex person, but as such also very simple to predict. I tried to defend him here on occassions when some of his arguments made sense, but after having seen him rise the comming K-7 to the heavens, only to turn around and deside that it is a bad camera and that Pentax is doomed, I've given up on him. So I try to ignore him like they ignore "you-know-who" in the Potter books.

I don't know what is possible by Hong Kong laws, but perhaps Pentax should try to sue him.

But I do apprechiate your blogg!
10-18-2009, 01:03 PM   #15
Pentaxian

Way to go Hin!