Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2009, 08:46 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Have I just noticed something, or is it just me....

I've been getting several photo magazines for years, but after the K-7 was announced and Pentax has been acutally advertising in magazines, they are very much more portrayed in articles now. Not so much as the past.

This lets me think that if you advertise with us, we'll make you look good and tell the world about it. Not so much a bad thing. Canon and Nikon have been doing it for years. Maybe this is what Pentax needs.

Just my 2 cents.

10-10-2009, 09:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I believe they had become more aggressive this time in the ad wars, compared when Pentax released the K10D. honestly, I'm not even aware that the K10D exists til I heard about the K20D. actually, I had heard more about the D80's and 40D came out the same year that the K10D came out as well. when I knew about the K20D, most of the people I knew weren't even aware that there is a Pentax K20D which is as good or better than their CaNikon counterparts. so the answer would be a Yes, there was less ads for Pentax before. the only thing that is lacking now is the tv ads for the K-7 in North America. I believe in Japan they have a promotional tv ad for Pentax. since Japan is the niche for Pentax. I'm going to look that up as well.
10-10-2009, 09:46 PM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's all positive.
Full page back cover ads in this month's Popular Photography magazine and Australia's Digital Photography & Design magazine. There were also similar ads in last month's Popular Photography and Australia's Camera magazine - it's starting to happen, and that's great.
10-10-2009, 10:44 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I've seen some large posters for the K7 in a mall, where there aren't any shop even selling pentax!! they are definatley trying to push this camera

10-12-2009, 10:08 AM   #5
Pentaxian

In recent years I don't think Pentax has advertised much at all. It a good sign that they are serious about staying in the camera business. They need to develop a customer base from a younger generation who didn't grow up recognising Pentax as a top brand. A couple of years ago I saw a customer review on New Egg for the Pentax K10D and he said it was a pretty good camera for a "new" company. Several replys straightened him out but reality is that Pentax is an unknown brand to much of the population these days.
10-12-2009, 12:00 PM   #6
Pentaxian

They've finally figured out that if they want to sell product, they have to market the stuff.
10-12-2009, 12:17 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
They've finally figured out that if they want to sell product, they have to market the stuff.
'Bout friggin' time!

Actually it's probably because they are finally in the black and have the money to advertise. Sadly I too didn't know about the k10d until the k20. In fact, (this is embarrassing) i didn't even really know anything about Pentax until the k20d. I was looking at cameras on DPR and when the K20d came out, that's when pentax got my attention.
10-12-2009, 12:49 PM   #8
Forum Member

What do you think the price increase of all the lenses was for.