Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-15-2009, 10:52 PM   #61
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
When you have no any arguments about K-x IQ, you decided to discuss my personality?
You've ordered new toy (K-x) and you don't like what I say about K-x's jpeg...It's nursery school.

As for AF points in VF...
It was joke. Galleries? Ha-ha...I have 40 000 pictures and downloaded only 10-20 photos in web (with most neutral subject). What could you compare?
Let me come out of the hole you have made me crawl into...

That was a joke? Funny enough for the mod whose photographic skills you questioned to close the thread. hilarious! You could compare the galleries in my link too (I can assure you no global rankings are being measured by my site visits, so view away).

Since you do not intend to purchase the Kx, cant you simply pontificate from the comment section of RHs blog? In regards to IQ, at this point in the dSLR stage is there really much point in arguing about it? Honestly, IQ is far more the image itself, than its' pixelized makeup.

10-16-2009, 07:49 AM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I don't want to spend money to test K-x.
K-x kit is $1000 in Russia
Let other people test it, hold our conclusions and refrain from RH and other negative judgments until reliable reviews such as those in imagingresources and our trusted users in PF with real experience. I love Falcon to have a test copy for us or Blende8 to have his reports.

By all means, your impressions and guesses may be all right. But guess what, you can be all wrong too. So please hold your judgment until more solid reviews come in. By replying to Ned's post with judgmental comment that pictures look all pale -- you are putting your NAME against a new product that has just come on sale and you have not even touched one.

Forgive me to be blunt but I don't want your judgment to influence others in their research into K-x. Let's be fair to a new product while not playing a fanboy role at the same time. We need to have our independent thinking.

Thanks,
Hin
10-16-2009, 09:48 AM   #63
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
Let other people test it, hold our conclusions and refrain from RH and other negative judgments until reliable reviews such as those in imagingresources and our trusted users in PF with real experience. I love Falcon to have a test copy for us or Blende8 to have his reports.

By all means, your impressions and guesses may be all right. But guess what, you can be all wrong too. So please hold your judgment until more solid reviews come in. By replying to Ned's post with judgmental comment that pictures look all pale -- you are putting your NAME against a new product that has just come on sale and you have not even touched one.

Forgive me to be blunt but I don't want your judgment to influence others in their research into K-x. Let's be fair to a new product while not playing a fanboy role at the same time. We need to have our independent thinking.

Thanks,
Hin
I haven't been following the k-x news very carefully so maybe I missed something but the snapshots referenced in OGL's posts look to be more the fault of Pentax marketing than Pentax technology. If these photos had been taken with the new Nikon D3s they would still not be good pictures. It would be great if they could flood the internet with photos taken by professionals in these pre-release/early release days. These tourist snapshots do nothing to help sell the camera.
10-16-2009, 10:43 AM   #64
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kunik Quote
I haven't been following the k-x news very carefully so maybe I missed something but the snapshots referenced in OGL's posts look to be more the fault of Pentax marketing than Pentax technology. If these photos had been taken with the new Nikon D3s they would still not be good pictures. It would be great if they could flood the internet with photos taken by professionals in these pre-release/early release days. These tourist snapshots do nothing to help sell the camera.
In other words, cameras really aren't made just to be reviewed! (i.e. a crap photo is still a crap photo regardless of the camera)

Last edited by pxpaulx; 10-16-2009 at 10:52 AM.
10-16-2009, 09:45 PM   #65
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How can I know IQ of camera before purchase??? I see pictures in the web and read reviews.

It's too expensive to spend $1000 to test camera.
It is impossible to return camera to shop in Russia if you simple don't like it.
10-16-2009, 09:54 PM   #66
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Flickr: miz7205's Photostream

new photos from K-x. high ISO.

I will wait for the photos converted from RAW at ISO100-400.

http://www.popco.net/zboard/zboard.php?id=dica_forum_pentax&page=1&sn1=&divp...sc=asc&no=5820
http://www.popco.net/zboard/zboard.php?id=dica_forum_pentax&page=2&sn1=&divp...sc=asc&no=5787
http://www.popco.net/zboard/zboard.php?id=dica_forum_pentax&page=2&sn1=&divp...sc=asc&no=5794

new really MUCH better photos than we saw before. i can say these pictures are really nice.

I'm old fool. But I don't understand why photos from flickr so bad...? The difference is huge.

I apologize to everybody whom I could hurt by my high expression and early conclusions

Last edited by ogl; 10-17-2009 at 06:45 AM.
10-17-2009, 12:03 PM   #67
Veteran Member

Night shots are at 6400 and they're pretty impressive! Very good DR. Time to ditch both k100 and K10 for K-x?

10-17-2009, 01:28 PM   #68
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

http://www.popco.net/zboard/zboard.php?id=dica_forum_pentax&page=1&sn1=&divp...sc=asc&no=5820
http://www.popco.net/zboard/zboard.php?id=dica_forum_pentax&page=2&sn1=&divp...sc=asc&no=5787
http://www.popco.net/zboard/zboard.php?id=dica_forum_pentax&page=2&sn1=&divp...sc=asc&no=5794

new really MUCH better photos than we saw before. i can say these pictures are really nice.

I'm old fool. But I don't understand why photos from flickr so bad...? The difference is huge.

I apologize to everybody whom I could hurt by my high expression and early conclusions

I really do feel like hugging you when I see your reply. Please allow the important sources of trusted reviews and trusted photographers to give Pentax K-x a chance to show its abilities besides good high iso noise control. There are lots of jokes with ill intention on Pentax and as a Pentaxian, not a fan boy, we need to be fair to a company that we love and support.

Thanks,
Hin
10-17-2009, 01:35 PM   #69
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

??? | ??? ??
??? | ??? ??
??? | ??? ??

Good job manning up - something few of us can do.

yeah flickr shots SUCK, I hope Pentax gets better sample photos out for their sake.
10-17-2009, 05:24 PM   #70

??? | ??? ??
??? | ??? ??
??? | ??? ??

But you made it onto Ned's blog. Famous? Infamous? Judging by his update, he sure does keep up with this forum.
". . . What prompted me to add this update is that I saw a rather ridiculous claim on one of the Pentax forums that my images looked "pale" and immediately condemned all of the K-x images. Obviously, I have no way of knowing how this person is viewing the images posted here, and whether his display is calibrated, etc., etc. However, I can tell you that after reviewing the results from the K-x that the overall color and tone is representative of the lighting that I saw when the shutter was depressed. Many of the outdoor plant photos should look muted, as I was shooting under our typical morning Southern California "marine layer" (cloud cover or fog)."
NED BUNNELL
10-17-2009, 08:45 PM   #71
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by unkabin Quote
But you made it onto Ned's blog. Famous? Infamous? Judging by his update, he sure does keep up with this forum.
". . . What prompted me to add this update is that I saw a rather ridiculous claim on one of the Pentax forums that my images looked "pale" and immediately condemned all of the K-x images. Obviously, I have no way of knowing how this person is viewing the images posted here, and whether his display is calibrated, etc., etc. However, I can tell you that after reviewing the results from the K-x that the overall color and tone is representative of the lighting that I saw when the shutter was depressed. Many of the outdoor plant photos should look muted, as I was shooting under our typical morning Southern California "marine layer" (cloud cover or fog)."
NED BUNNELL
there you go. I guess there's no debate on whether to believe someone who has/had personally held a k-x compared to someone who based his conclusions on other people's photos. actually I don't mind having an opinion on that, but issuing a conclusion without any experience of the camera alone is quite pathetic.
10-17-2009, 09:47 PM   #72
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Eruditass Quote
Good job manning up - something few of us can do.

yeah flickr shots SUCK, I hope Pentax gets better sample photos out for their sake.
This isn't the first corner to be turned here by Ogl...sadly there will probably be another ship to jump to tomorrow.

Ogl, I do hope you can withhold judgment until there are some serious, well conducted reviews out there. There really isnt much point in using some random individual's flickr photos (especially since we have seen what, no more than half a dozen sets of photos in total?) to justify jumping to conclusions on what the Kx will or will not be.
10-19-2009, 08:00 AM   #73
Veteran Member

For Kx owners: Any news on the battery lifespan if its true about what ephotozine stated regarding the battery life being a weakness?
11-12-2009, 01:49 AM   #74

Support k100d style body with k-x sensor !!! I believe everyone having k100d, k100ds, k200d, are waiting for this model! K-7 is too large and expensive, k-x is too entry-level. We are waiting shoulder lcd and AF point indicators !!! Pentax will sell a million of it immediately.

QuoteOriginally posted by Erik Quote
That's a very poorly written review, but man, that's the best noise performance I've ever seen in an APS-C camera.

Hey Ned Bunnell, since you're reading this: let Japan know they need to make something like a K300D that has this sensor, but in a K100D style body with weather sealing, a top LCD and AF point indicators in the viewfinder. I'd buy it. Thanks in advance.
11-12-2009, 02:06 AM   #75
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by quaker Quote
K-7 is too large .

I bet you haven't seen and tried this camera out. the K-7 is the smallest medium range/semi-pro built dslr camera up to date. so I wonder where you got the impression that it is too large. too large would be a Canon 7d. other larger cameras than the K-7 would be a K10D, K20D, D200, D90, 50D, D300s. the only reason that the K-7 would be too large is if you categorize it under the smaller bridge-cameras( semi-slrs).