Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2010, 10:50 PM   #631

2010? No.

to push Pentax MF film user in Japan to buy 645D, not a cheaper one (Pentax FF).

03-12-2010, 12:18 AM   #632

QuoteOriginally posted by oshua Quote
FF means new Lenses right?
Yes, if all or most of your lenses are the DA and DA* variety. FA, F and manual focus lenses will work fine on a full frame. In fact, Canon full frame users have been using Carl Zeiss Contax SLR lenses on their cameras. Some are even using K mount lenses with adapters. It is a myth that the FA lenses are not suitable for full frame. Nothing can be further from the truth.
03-14-2010, 07:53 AM   #633
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Shingoshi Quote
This should kill off any hope for a Pentax FF DSLR... It is here!
What further reason would Hoya have to introduce a FF, when the price of the 645D is competitive against CaNikon?

Good bye FF!!

Xavian-Anderson Macpherson
ShingoshiDao
You really think the 645D is comparable to a D3X or 1Ds3?
03-14-2010, 08:15 AM   #634
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If I were Pentax and competition for the hearts and minds of discerning users is a real goal, I would rather spend the R&D money improving:
  • D-FA lens line-up
    • FF is useless without full image circle lenses
and/or
  • High ISO performance (without sacrificing sharpness)
  • AF speed (without sacrificing accuracy)
  • SDM (if it really needs improvement)
  • Shutter speed (if action is truly a goal)
Keep adding to the brand reputation as interesting. Then release an interesting FF body that isn't just an also-ran.

Then again, maybe there isn't really much to change, if Pentax is what it wants to be.

03-14-2010, 08:32 AM   #635
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
If I were Pentax and competition for the hearts and minds of discerning users is a real goal, I would rather spend the R&D money improving:
  • D-FA lens line-up
and/or
Keep adding to the brand reputation as interesting. Then release an interesting FF body that isn't just an also-ran.

Then again, maybe there isn't really much to change, if Pentax is what it wants to be.
I think you've hit the nail on the head Paul. I hope the second list is targeted for the replacement of the K-7. For full frame, Pentax has a history of taking time to push new models out. The LX was late out of the gate. The ME Super was also very late out of the gate but still ended up being a huge commercial success....
03-14-2010, 09:58 AM   #636
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
  • D-FA lens line-up
and/or

QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
I think you've hit the nail on the head Paul. I hope the second list is targeted for the replacement of the K-7. For full frame, Pentax has a history of taking time to push new models out. The LX was late out of the gate. The ME Super was also very late out of the gate but still ended up being a huge commercial success....
  1. Build the lens line-up
  2. Upgrade the functionality of the K-7 (keep the body - I don't want to buy all new bits again)
  3. Be Interesting. Introduce a FF sensor in the improved K-7 body
    1. Pentax history = (near) cutting edge, but smaller