Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2009, 02:43 PM   #346
RaduA

Well, all my posts were removed because in Mr. Zack's opinion I was flaming poor ogl. Including the one that technically proved that ogl (although denied many times) IS yana36 on dpreview.

If at least one mod can sanction that kind of behavior where a guy with a string of lies, racial and other offensive actions towards others gets away and he's ever encouraged to go on and lie and verbally abuse again and people watch from the side with virtual beer and popcorn I guess I should move on. Sorry to say but the amount of disgust I feel after Mr. Zack's behavior leaves me no alternative choice.

I kindly ask Mr. Zack to complete his mission and terminate my account here since I couldn't find a way to erase it from the user cp.

I was fortunate enough to find here some really remarkable people which I am going to miss but I am old enough to know that decency can't always prevail.

I won't name the people I found extraordinary out of fear of missing even one. All that I am saying is THANK YOU, good luck and keep up the good work.

Best regards,
Radu
PentaxForever

11-17-2009, 02:45 PM   #347

Im so tierd of FF threds. there isnt even a lens line up made for FF. Please guys pick a new topic
11-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #348

QuoteOriginally posted by Shingoshi Quote
How does this comment not invite the same behavior that got this thread closed before. It seems like a passive attempt to start that behavior all over again. I for one would like to see comments like this cease entirely.

I think the fact is that if Pentax hasn't delivered a FF camera in 2010, they will have become irrelevant to those who have been waiting for one, having sent all of them off looking for real and available products to meet their needs.

Xavian-Anderson Macpherson
ShingoshiDao
that seems kind of stupid when APC format is canon and nikons bread and butter idk the market share for full frame is kind of small... the truth is no one but us camera geeks and pros really care either way. I think pentax should go to the smaller spectrum, might as well invest in what they got insead of reinventing the wheel for now. Small form factor is getting more and more popular
11-17-2009, 03:56 PM   #349
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ecoronin Quote
Im so tierd of FF threds. there isnt even a lens line up made for FF. Please guys pick a new topic
Oops- there actually is: everything outside of the DA series is a full-frame lens.

Also, if you look at the ist D's mirror, you'll notice that it was full-frame: this suggestes that Pentax initially considered having a full-frame body, then dropped the idea due to sensor development problems. Therefore, they're bound to come back to the FF idea eventually, but who knows when.

The FA lineup, if rereleased as DFA, would be perfect for a full-frame body!

11-17-2009, 04:11 PM   #350
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm ready to buy DFA 600/4 lol
11-17-2009, 04:34 PM   #351

Well, ogl hasn't been the only one close to sources who is been talking about fullframe.

Last edited by henrx; 11-17-2009 at 04:44 PM.
11-17-2009, 04:35 PM   #352

Im sure it wount be next year I think... they will be releasing medum format, it would be crazy to think of more than one new system a year. That would be intressting a small *ist for full frame... could that be done at that time as full frame in that small of body, or did they design a film camera around a digital sensor... it was there first digital camera and they just used the film camera body and changed the parts

11-17-2009, 06:22 PM   #353
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Oops- there actually is: everything outside of the DA series is a full-frame lens.
Even point-and-shoot?

Wow. Way to go Pentax. FFP&S!
11-17-2009, 07:05 PM   #354
Inactive Account

Ok, back to reality...

The ONLY questions that REALLY matter to anyone having any REAL desire for having a FF camera is;
1.) How long are you willing to wait for Pentax to produce a FF camera?
2.) What features would you need that camera to have to keep you from buying another manufacturer's product?
3.) And if they don't in the amount of time you're willing to wait, what other camera will you look for, and why?

These three questions ONLY apply to those who really have a need or desire to buy and shoot with a FF camera. If you're not one of those people, this thread doesn't apply to you, and please stop posting. Because those of us with the same desire, aren't going to be flaming each other.

Now maybe we should try and answer those questions.

ShingoshiDao

Last edited by Shingoshi; 11-17-2009 at 07:20 PM.
11-17-2009, 08:28 PM   #355
Veteran Member

How Long will I wait for Pentax Full Frame? April 2008

1) How Long will I wait for Pentax Full Frame? April 2008 as thats when I bought my first 5D full frame.

2) Too late I already did it, three times now. Bought Me 5D x2 and one D700

3) See my answer to #2, and then you should read up on NINE FULL FRAME Platforms:

5D Mark II, 5D ,1Ds Mark III, 1Ds MarkII, 1Ds ,Nikon D700, D3, D3x D3s specs. Then get over your Canon abandoned FD system wah wah wah and consider both Eos versus Nikon for best fit in your imaging kit. I still own Canon FD stuff, wah, wah, wah and I still bought into Eos Full frame dslr(s)

Enjoy the ride you're on, theres always a full frame pentax dslr thread to chit~chat here, there and elsewheres. FF K Mount is bound to happen, just like 645D is bound to happen...

Or Not

Oh yeah, I didn't know istD* had full size full frame mirror, Thats Cool!

The ONLY questions that REALLY matter to anyone having any REAL desire for having a FF camera is;
2.) What features would you need that camera to have to keep you from buying another manufacturer's product?
3.) And if they don't in the amount of time you're willing to wait, what other camera will you look for, and why?

These three questions ONLY apply to those who really have a need or desire to buy and shoot with a FF camera. If you're not one of those people, this thread doesn't apply to you, and please stop posting. Because those of us with the same desire, aren't going to be flaming each other.

ShingoshiDao
11-17-2009, 08:49 PM   #356
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
Even point-and-shoot?

Wow. Way to go Pentax. FFP&S!
Do P&S have interchangeable lens and are the SLR? kick
11-17-2009, 08:51 PM   #357
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote

Also, if you look at the ist D's mirror, you'll notice that it was full-frame: this suggestes that Pentax initially considered having a full-frame body, then dropped the idea due to sensor development problems. Therefore, they're bound to come back to the FF idea eventually, but who knows when.

The FA lineup, if rereleased as DFA, would be perfect for a full-frame body!
Don't forget the MZ-D prototype in 2000. The *istD may have been developed from it.
11-17-2009, 09:14 PM   #358
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

So Sorry.

I didn't see that this thread was MARKED "PRIVATE - only for those who really have a need or desire to buy and shoot a full-frame Pentax."

Next time I'll be more careful where I read and reply on this OPEN, PUBLIC FORUM.

ShingoshiDao
11-17-2009, 09:31 PM   #359
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
Well, all my posts were removed because in Mr. Zack's opinion I was flaming poor ogl. Including the one that technically proved that ogl (although denied many times) IS yana36 on dpreview.

If at least one mod can sanction that kind of behavior where a guy with a string of lies, racial and other offensive actions towards others gets away and he's ever encouraged to go on and lie and verbally abuse again and people watch from the side with virtual beer and popcorn I guess I should move on. Sorry to say but the amount of disgust I feel after Mr. Zack's behavior leaves me no alternative choice.

I kindly ask Mr. Zack to complete his mission and terminate my account here since I couldn't find a way to erase it from the user cp.

I was fortunate enough to find here some really remarkable people which I am going to miss but I am old enough to know that decency can't always prevail.

I won't name the people I found extraordinary out of fear of missing even one. All that I am saying is THANK YOU, good luck and keep up the good work.

Best regards,
Radu
PentaxForever
Radu, both of you were handled the same way. You want to refute another member's claims, be my guest. But use language that doesn't intentionally incite a flame war. It's totally pointless and winds up wit a closed thread that gets us all nothing. Take the high road and fight your battles with calmly presented facts not insults.

Now back to your regularly scheduled rumor mill....
11-18-2009, 12:03 AM   #360
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Samsugian,

You missed the A900, and A850. The ironic thing is that the A850 has the spec's I would have expected to see on a Pentax FF, had it come out this year.

I still believe that business between Samsung and Pentax went sour, and that delayed the production of a FF pentax. I think the rejuvinated 645D development was done until Pentax could re-organise their FF development.

There is also the rumor that the Sony A750 will be full frame. Not sure if I buy into that one or not.

But as it stands, everyone but Pentax is now making multiple FF bodies. Common Pentax!!!