Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2009, 04:32 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Barnster Quote
Well if your good at predicting 6 years down the road,maybe you can predict what tonights Lotto numbers will be please!!!!Then if we all win enough money,it won't matter how dear or cheap the FF camera is.Then we can all go out and buy that FF camera in the year 2015.CAN"T WAIT!!!
I must say that I'm gratified to be in the presence of such a profound wit ... eat your heart out Voltaire!

My prediction is a simple extrapolation of existing trends, as I've explained above. If you'd care to give these matters some thought instead of offering your tedious barbs, you might come to your own insights about the near future of the enthusiast camera market which might be of interest in and of itself, and perhaps even be of some practical value regarding your buying decisions over the next few years.

10-27-2009, 09:54 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
1. As a combination of Canon's overzealous in camera noise reduction and the impossibly high noise out of the then-new 34 megapixel APSC Rebel model, people all over the world will be astonished at the smooth tone of the single color 1 terabyte jpegs.

2. Here at Pentax Forums, people will be complaining about such things as:
a) How annoyingly sharp and contrasty the image is from the 29 megapixel sensor equiped K-4, especially compared to the new Rebel, which produces images so smooth it no longer even requires a lens.
b) How it is completely unreasonable that the $500 K2d takes three nanoseconds to focus, while the $10,000 Nikon only takes 1.5 nanoseconds. They will further point out that the Pentax only has 120 focus points, while the Nikon has 134.

3. At Pentax world headquarters:
A young engineer working on the design for the tenth anniversary K10d will discover and implement a 3 way to un-cripple the k mount, using an ultrasonic proximity sensor for the aperture coupling. This single step would have finally permitted proper metering on a Pentax dslr with M and K series lenses. Unfortunately it's benefits are completely undone 5 minutes later by management, who decide that the Optibrite IV focus screen must be used on all future cameras. The Optibrite IV screen also has the effect of making all lenses appear to have the DOF of f11.

11-02-2009, 08:11 AM   #18
Pentaxian

In 2015, Pentax will eventually release 2 products changing the world the dSLR forever:

1. 50 Mp full frame digital back with battery fitting into LX w/o increasing its size at all.
2. Electronic viewfinder with 3 Mp OLED fitting the LX exchangeable viewfinder mount (fast contrast AF via SDM contacts fitted into mirror box on demand).
11-02-2009, 08:44 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
In 2015, Pentax will eventually release 2 products changing the world the dSLR forever:

1. 50 Mp full frame digital back with battery fitting into LX w/o increasing its size at all.
2. Electronic viewfinder with 3 Mp OLED fitting the LX exchangeable viewfinder mount (fast contrast AF via SDM contacts fitted into mirror box on demand).
Damn, I and I sold my LX!!

11-02-2009, 12:53 PM   #20
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote

Doubtful. They will probably insist that live view is just as good.
11-03-2009, 11:38 AM   #21

Panasonic's pocketable TZ720 aka ZX320 aka ZR320 with 14-420mm f2.8-4.5 lens produced ISO6400 images barely good enough for 11x14 but people like it becauseof its portability. Canon continues to add more cameras to its line-up, with each camera missing at least two of the features I must have
11-03-2009, 11:41 AM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxPoke Quote
The planet has been cooling for the past 10 years, not warming:
BBC NEWS | Science & Environment | What happened to global warming?

So the answer must be "2."
I suspect we don't exactly know what's going on:
Mt. Kilimanjaro Ice Cap Continues Rapid Retreat
"Mount Kilimanjaro's top has lost 26 percent of its ice since 2000, a study says"
11-03-2009, 12:12 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by waqas Quote
"Mount Kilimanjaro's top has lost 26 percent of its ice since 2000, a study says"
- because of deforestation of the hillsides (so it gets too dry).