Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2007, 08:33 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Matjazz Quote
They won't sell it probably because it wouldn't sell and IMHO it looks too mashed-up, like MikePerham said. Oh and built in flash can save a shot and doesn't get in the way when you don't need it. Perhaps I'd be able to trade it if it ment bigger/brighter viewfinder but I don't think that is the case with this camera.
Honestly, I've yet to see a shot not made worse with the built-in flash. (Except maybe when used as a slight fill flash in bright sun.) It gets in the way by taking up extra space and weight that I'd rather not be forced to carry around. And it's irritating that having the flash up is the only way to get a focus assist light.

06-05-2007, 12:25 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by HawaiianOnline Quote
ASAHI Pentax? I thought the merger was with Hoya? Does that mean that Pentax will be making beer now???

Cool in a very retro way...
That's why the K10D is weather proof - in case you spill your Pentax beer on it. LOL.

Actually Asahi is the original name of the company. It was the Asahi Optical Company and was started as a binocular supplier to the Japanese army.
06-06-2007, 05:41 AM   #18
Site Supporter

That Sony is UGLY. The Asahi is kind of neat. Styling doesn't totally gel, but it sure slowed people down saying Pentax was going away. Did its job. Be neat if they sold the 40 Takumars!
thanks
barondla
06-07-2007, 09:04 AM   #19

Well I friggin hate silver cameras and always bought the black version if possible. Older metal cameras were somewhat better then the plastic silver they have now.

Love the 40 Pancake though....the only lens I currently use on my K10D.

06-07-2007, 10:36 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dwinnert Quote
Older metal cameras were somewhat better then the plastic silver they have now.
If the 'silver' is metallic, I'd purchase (and use) one. If the 'silver' is that awful plastic, I'll pass.
06-08-2007, 07:27 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Either is fine. the design...eh no. The 50th Anniv. should be a fresh look and not taping a spotmatic face plate to the front. I understand the goal was to create nostagia effect here but no one brings back the old days better than the Olympus' E-410.

The camera is athestically fairly well balanced. It retains the essence of the old days but manages to stay fresh at the same time.

so..applying the same logic...a 50th Anniv K10D...would look more true to its Spotmatic roots had it looked like this: