Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2009, 09:22 AM   #16
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
micro 4/3 will live. I mean the specs of NX are tasty.

the defenders of micro 4/3 are so strange.

10-31-2009, 09:27 AM   #17
Veteran Member

I have actual questions about this camera though.

1. why does it appear to have 2 lens release buttons?
2. if a flash-shoe is a standard size, can someone calculate the size of the mount?

Reason for my questions! What if Samsung isnt partnering with pentax, and so they didnt want to license their lens mount for the lenses THEY are producing for the camera, but they did in fact want to use a k-mount? They could have designed a mount that would properly accept k-mount lenses, but also lock with a different, new samsung-made mount. kind of like the k-mount being a specific key to a door, and the samsung mount like a skeleton key that can also work on the same door. just a thought (primarily based on the placement of the lens release that is in the same spot as the k-mount - pretty silly, i know!)
10-31-2009, 09:32 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote

I totally agree, of course all the specs look great on paper. I am all for competition and better products as a result, I just honestly dont see this as very appealing given the existing options. If this ends up having anything at all associated with the Kmount, I think there will be alot more hype though.

And I'm not necessarily defending m4/3, just saying that panasonic has an established, well received product already available so it will be a tough uphill battle for samsung - Hey, I have a photoclam ballhead and shoot with pentax gear, dont tell me I dont pull for the underdog! Samsung isnt really an underdog as a whole though, they are a giant. They can throw money at something like the NX, and if it fails, its written off without a thought.
10-31-2009, 09:33 AM   #19
Veteran Member

and I STILL think you need to tone down the use of emoticons around here...

10-31-2009, 09:39 AM   #20
emr

QuoteOriginally posted by Xian Quote
I donīt understand why the people wait the same K mount on NX camera.
The lens-sensor distance is smaller and is a different system than a reflex...
The Ricoh EVIL system wonīt use the K mount it will be like NX system.
I want an EVIL camera that I can use my DA ltds with. Besides, if this NX is an APS-C camera with 1.5 crop factor, to my understanding the registration length is the same as in Pentax DSLRs. And while Ricoh's rumoured EVIL won't probably have K mount, I might be happy with an adapter that would retain AF.
10-31-2009, 09:44 AM   #21
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
I if this NX is an APS-C camera with 1.5 crop factor, to my understanding the registration length is the same as in Pentax DSLRs.
no, You're totally
crop factor has nothing to do with register length :!:

(hint - Pentax film bodies have the same register length as 1.5 crop digital cameras ;-) )

in my opinion - if mirror is not there, register distance would be less than in PK mount
10-31-2009, 09:46 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Xian Quote
What compatibility do you hope between K-mount and Ricoh EVIL system.

Neither 4/3 has completely compatibility with M4/3, they must us a adapter...
According to a user in Paris, he was directly told by a Ricoh rep that they would be K mount compatible, via a "trick in the body". Whether that means an in body optic or a folded optical path, or a lens mount capable of projecting to change the registration distance, who knows? Or it could be a load of BS. We'll find out in a couple of weeks.

Silly post. High ISO performance of Samsung sensor is not bad. No NR in RAW in K-7 till ISO1600. If you add colour NR to K-7's PEF in convertor you'll get very good IQ. Not worse than K-x at ISO1600, but with better resolution and colours.
As silly as being in denial over the noticably poorer high ISO performance of the K7 when compared to the competition and the Sony sensor in the K-x? As silly as hyping a to this point vaporware camera system over a multi-manufacturer system that's already on the market and selling like hotcakes? As silly as not realizing that the EP1 has in body IS? Kindly supply some sample images from an NX and demonstrate how much better it is.

Didn't think so.

You're making a lot of definitive statements on could be's and should be's, but specs don't create images. Here in the land of reality, of what actually is, m43 is here and 90% of the way toward covering all the bases in the high level compact camera arena. Samsung missed the boat. If I'm wrong, in a few months you can say I told you so, but I seriously doubt it.

10-31-2009, 09:48 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
I want an EVIL camera that I can use my DA ltds with. Besides, if this NX is an APS-C camera with 1.5 crop factor, to my understanding the registration length is the same as in Pentax DSLRs. And while Ricoh's rumoured EVIL won't probably have K mount, I might be happy with an adapter that would retain AF.
I think you want a kx! kidding...

in regards to the registration distance - it is shorter on m4/3 which is still the same sensor size. It requires a different optical formula for the lenses, but gives the same crop factor (the lenses are designed to be smaller with the shorter registration distance being factored in). That is why an adapter is still needed for standard 4/3 lenses on m4/3. I would assume samsung is designing lenses specific to their registration distance...unless of course my questions above lead to some yet unknown mount specs.

The k-x is so small already though! when I put my 50-135 on it, it is more like I am mounting the camera to the lens, rather than the lens to the camera (if you get my meaning, haha)
10-31-2009, 09:50 AM   #24
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by junyo Quote
Or it could be a load of BS.
this is most probable

Last edited by opiszon; 10-31-2009 at 09:58 AM.
10-31-2009, 09:52 AM   #25
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Olympus EP-2 could be weather-sealed too.
10-31-2009, 09:53 AM   #26
emr

opiszon, please correct your quote above. It's not mine.
10-31-2009, 09:56 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by opiszon Quote
this is most probable
possibly, but...

what if they do have a mount that can accept a k-mount lens, without using an adapter? could this possibly be achieved by only using a portion/center of the sensor to have the same FOV/crop factor we get with the APS-C sized sensor? It could operate like the reduced resolution Nikon has on their FF cameras for their APS-C only lenses, couldnt it?
10-31-2009, 09:58 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Olympus EP-2 could be weather-sealed too.
Was this a speculation thread? I cant stand it when you make shite up, seriously.
10-31-2009, 09:58 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by amonsul Quote
And final specs:
Mount: Samsung NX
Sensor: 23.4 x 15.6mm APS-C CMOS 14.6 mega pixels (1.5x)
Body: polycarbonate sealed against dust and moisture
Image stabilization: Optical Image Stabilization system (OIS)
Focus system: Contrast Autofocus with 16 AF areas, face detection and tracking mode, manual focus (focus by wire)
Sensitivity: ISO 100-3200 (50-6400)
Viewfinder: Electronic Viewfinder 1080p/260Hz, 100% coverage, 1X magnification
Main screen: AMOLED 3″, 921.000 dots, 120Hz

source: Pentax rumors and Samsung rumors
What i find interesting is the 16 AF areas, face detection and tracking mode. Why this is important is that it says Samsung's chip mfr division is still working to improve the sensor that's in K7. "tracking mode" is particularly intriguing.

Seems like to me that Pentax staff are in a good position to bargain over the sensor design to go into the next K8 or K30, whatever they decide to call it. They've shown their capability and willingness to use both Sony and Samsung sensors. May the best supplier and sensor step forward, please.

Does anyone know what "manual focus (focus by wire)" mean? I haven't a clue. (perhaps focus by wire means using the LCD screen?)

Last edited by philbaum; 10-31-2009 at 10:10 AM.
10-31-2009, 10:01 AM   #30
Veteran Member

But why is it so ugly? :ugh: