Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2009, 08:52 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote

Ah, well, I've already got *that* going on, Gazonk.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 11-03-2009 at 08:57 AM.
11-04-2009, 02:28 AM   #47
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Ah, well, I've already got *that* going on, Gazonk.

Nice

somewhere I have an old medium-format foldable camera from my grandfather. It's incredibly small compared to the film format. I was thinking: pentax used to be the leader in foldable optics for P&S cameras (many other brands, eg Casio, used pentax lenses) and their newer compacts, eg the P80, are impressingly small as well. What if they came up with a larger-sensor version of these cameras?
11-04-2009, 07:25 AM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nostatic Quote
Samsung NX Purple Monkey Dishwasher
Haha, wonderful Simpsons reference!!
11-04-2009, 08:09 AM   #49
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
Nice

somewhere I have an old medium-format foldable camera from my grandfather. It's incredibly small compared to the film format. I was thinking: pentax used to be the leader in foldable optics for P&S cameras (many other brands, eg Casio, used pentax lenses) and their newer compacts, eg the P80, are impressingly small as well. What if they came up with a larger-sensor version of these cameras?
Hee, I'm not sure just what you mean, there. Presumably, the NX concept is to be an interchangeable lens design, (Actually, when someone piqued my interest with the notion of 'folding the optical path,' I don't think they meant by use of a bellows, but rather adapting an SLR lens system to a thinner camera by, perhaps, some use of a mirror or prism arrangement inside the body, etc, maybe having the actual sensor be up where a viewfinder prism would be or off to the side or something.)

I still like my idea of simply making such a big and nice EVF viewfinder that you could omit the rear LCD entirely, then you could keep a regular registration difference and probably have a machine not much thicker than an ME Super, which probably compares pretty favorably with what a micro system SLR-shaped thing considers thin. But obviously the NX is to have one of those, anyway. Still, if Samsung could pull off a 'trick' to make a K-mount lens work on a similarly-sized body, it'd be interesting. Suddenly, boom, there's a system with top-quality pancake lenses and all ready to drop into.

What old camera is that you put up a picture of, anyway? I've had this lens/shutter for a long time, (dated it to 1936 by the serial number: I've seen pics of them on 5x7 cameras ) ...always curious what they might have been put on.

11-04-2009, 11:47 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Still, if Samsung could pull off a 'trick' to make a K-mount lens work on a similarly-sized body, it'd be interesting. Suddenly, boom, there's a system with top-quality pancake lenses and all ready to drop into.
That, to me, is the intriguing thing. People keep saying what's the advantage of SLR lenses on a compact? The advantage is the system is born fully formed. With m43 it'll be years before there's a full native lens lineup. Who knows with Samsung.
11-04-2009, 12:17 PM   #51
Pentaxian

Hee, I'm not sure just what you mean, there. Presumably, the NX concept is to be an interchangeable lens design, (Actually, when someone piqued my interest with the notion of 'folding the optical path,' I don't think they meant by use of a bellows, but rather adapting an SLR lens system to a thinner camera by, perhaps, some use of a mirror or prism arrangement inside the body, etc, maybe having the actual sensor be up where a viewfinder prism would be or off to the side or something.)

I still like my idea of simply making such a big and nice EVF viewfinder that you could omit the rear LCD entirely, then you could keep a regular registration difference and probably have a machine not much thicker than an ME Super, which probably compares pretty favorably with what a micro system SLR-shaped thing considers thin. But obviously the NX is to have one of those, anyway. Still, if Samsung could pull off a 'trick' to make a K-mount lens work on a similarly-sized body, it'd be interesting. Suddenly, boom, there's a system with top-quality pancake lenses and all ready to drop into.

What old camera is that you put up a picture of, anyway? I've had this lens/shutter for a long time, (dated it to 1936 by the serial number: I've seen pics of them on 5x7 cameras ) ...always curious what they might have been put on.
I found it on this page, lots of folding cameras there. Just look at the specs of this camera, takes 6.5x9 sheet film and weighs less than a K-x

The Classic Camera/ Patent Etui