Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2009, 12:09 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by flippedgazelle Quote
The unfortunate aspect is when a capable tool is labeled as a "beginner's camera".
I see nothing wrong with this statement as that is what the k-x was really bracketed in the market against the D5000 and T1i. aren't you glad that Pentax took home the cheese and not CaNikon?

btw, it would be completely illogical if you would call the k-x as a midrange or pro camera. it may have a certain strength on the HigH ISO performance just like that of FF cameras or better compared to some, but that single advantage alone doesn't qualify it as a bigboy camera. of course, amateurs and pro can use the k-x, but I don't see it being used primarily.

11-04-2009, 08:26 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
I see nothing wrong with this statement as that is what the k-x was really bracketed in the market against the D5000 and T1i. aren't you glad that Pentax took home the cheese and not CaNikon?

btw, it would be completely illogical if you would call the k-x as a midrange or pro camera. it may have a certain strength on the HigH ISO performance just like that of FF cameras or better compared to some, but that single advantage alone doesn't qualify it as a bigboy camera. of course, amateurs and pro can use the k-x, but I don't see it being used primarily.
There's that. Of course, there's a number of serious Pentaxians who want smaller, smaller smaller, and I think that's a thing that means a number of us who are OK with trading the full controls for smallness, especially if the output is good.

I always used to rely on Canon A-series cameras in film days, alongside the bigger F-series, helped keep the weight down when carrying multiple bodies, among other things: didn't consider myself any less 'serious' for it.