Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2006, 04:58 PM   #16
Veteran Member

just got home...I did play w/ it a bit after I popped the battery in...

first impressions..I love the feel. I'll be shooting some samples in a bit....

11-21-2006, 12:35 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My K10D Arrived This Morning

Arrived this morning . . . charging battery and reading . . . a lot has changed. Will post some pics later. If you want one, my suggestion is to call some local dealers on the West Coast . . . found one sitting on the shelf on Sunday night and it arrived this morning.
11-22-2006, 08:15 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photo_mom Quote
Hi Pat!

The dealer where I pre-ordered said that his shipment will arrive tomorrow. I'm so JEALOUS of the results we're seeing from the West Coast today.

Tomorrow the sun will rise from the West!
I know holiday and all but where are you K10 shots???? You must have it by now
11-23-2006, 02:09 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Lucky you guys. Mine will arrive next week some time i reckon

11-23-2006, 06:39 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
I know holiday and all but where are you K10 shots???? You must have it by now
Happy Turkey Day Pat!

Yes, I got it Monday.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/826-i-cant-hold-any-longer.html

Unfortunately, it's been raining and nasty here since then. I hoped to get some photos at the ice rink last night, but practice was cancelled. Maybe I can get some today, but it's still cloudy and rainy. So they'll be lowlight, bleh type photos that definitely wouldn't be impressive. This is SO frustrating!
11-23-2006, 07:02 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Agreed!!

Happy Turkey Day Pat!

Yes, I got it Monday.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/826-i-cant-hold-any-longer.html

Unfortunately, it's been raining and nasty here since then. I hoped to get some photos at the ice rink last night, but practice was cancelled. Maybe I can get some today, but it's still cloudy and rainy. So they'll be lowlight, bleh type photos that definitely wouldn't be impressive. This is SO frustrating!
Tracy, doesn't God know that we just got the K10D and it must be sunny today?!?

Oh well, I'll end up taking the same bleh shots as you...
11-23-2006, 07:17 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Cranberry sauce?

QuoteOriginally posted by carpents Quote
Tracy, doesn't God know that we just got the K10D and it must be sunny today?!?

Oh well, I'll end up taking the same bleh shots as you...
Hi Sean!

Yes, God does have a perverse streak every now and then.

Glad you got yours too! Your cranberry shot in the last monthly challenge was scrumptiously outstanding. Possibly do a cranberry sauce follow-up from today?

We're doing cornish game hens instead of turkey so I might try something with those. The carrots are looking kind of colorful. Hmmmm....
11-23-2006, 07:17 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Happy Turkey Day Pat!

Yes, I got it Monday.

Heh...
yeah..i wanted to go out and shoot some of the t-giving day parade, but ....it's horrid outside....

i'll be taking photos of our t-giving later, but again..like you said...."lowlight bleh type" heh...

11-23-2006, 07:20 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by -=JoN=- Quote
Heh...
yeah..i wanted to go out and shoot some of the t-giving day parade, but ....it's horrid outside....

i'll be taking photos of our t-giving later, but again..like you said...."lowlight bleh type" heh...
Hi Jon!

Did they cancel the parade? I read something about the wind causing havoc with the balloons. Now that would be some exciting photos!
11-23-2006, 07:27 AM   #25
Veteran Member

it's actually on..winds died down...
it would be a nice test too for the weather sealed k10..unfortunately for me..I hate this type of weather...so i opted to stay put...it wouldve been great tho.

if the weather's right tomorrow, i might go out and spend the day in the city shooting...
11-23-2006, 03:32 PM   #26

I picked mine up on the 17th. Body only as I already had some fairly new lenes. I haven't had a chance to really check it out yet, but so far, I'm pretty happy with it.
11-23-2006, 05:41 PM   #27

Photos: Albums
Not to be a Thanksgiving killjoy or anything (well, maybe I'm actually cool with it since we don't have TG today. ), but this thread is mildly pointless without pictures!

Cough 'em up, please.
11-23-2006, 06:49 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Tracy nice shots of the Tday dinner. I was going to make a wise crack about testing the weatherseal but I would not go out today either. Doggy come one pointless nahhhh just wondering who has it so far. Save another post for the pictures. I hear you though I want to see some more here on this site. Maybe pictures of mad shoppers tomorrow looking for thier K10's

Last edited by vievetrick; 11-23-2006 at 06:57 PM.
11-23-2006, 06:55 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Tracy nice shots of the Tday dinner. I was going to make a wise crack about testing the weatherseal but I would not go out today either. Doggy come one pointless nahhhh just wondering who has it so far. Save another post for the pictures. I hear you though I want to see some more here on this site. May pictures of mad shoppers tomorrow looking for thier K10's
Thanks Pat! The rain I might venture out to see something. NO WAY am I going anywhere near town tomorrow! HA! That's just mad as you said.
11-24-2006, 11:23 AM   #30
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like a couple have said they have on DP. Wondering if anyone here has?
Mine's shipped via overnight FedEx from Beach Photo, so I should have it by Monday

Can't wait!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: