Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2006, 02:55 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Looks like a couple have said they have on DP. Wondering if anyone here has?
I've ordered mine, pre-ordered in fact, let's see when it arrives. Soon as it arrives I'll put it to work, stress testing in my own way and then sell the DS and K100D and get a second K10D. I just want to evaluate it's high ISO performance before selling the K100D, the DS already has a buyer, he's simply waiting for me to let it go.

Cheers!
-Asad

11-25-2006, 07:29 AM   #32

talked to my local dealer

and he said my K10 should probably arrive towards next weekend or beginning of the following week. Let's hope he's not got it wrong

Paul
11-27-2006, 07:57 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have been driving around in the Phoenix area looking for one locally. That was after they were available on the West Coast for a day or two.

Circuit City: K10D? Huh? Whats that?
Best Buy(2 stores):No we don't carry Pentax at all. (Still had an *ist D laying around for 1699 a few month ago!)
Ritz Camera (2 stores): No clue if we going to carry it. Special order only. Maybe. Why not buy a K100D?
Photo-mark: Maybe around Dec 10th. Didn't really know.
Foto Forum: Actually had 2 of them, but were pre-ordered and waiting to be picked up. At least I saw it.
Later found out that Tempe Camera obviously had 1 or 2 in stock, but I can't stand that place so I didn't even try to go there.

Now since this Christmas Shopping madness has started I am not even going anywhere close to a Mall or large electronic store until January. By then all the banding issues and noise may have been discussed to death and normality will hopefully return to the Pentax world.
11-27-2006, 08:09 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Redhawk, sounds like you have been trying hard. Good luck I am sure one will make it your way. Had the same conversation a few days ago with the local shop. Went something like this.

Me- Will you be getting the K10?
him- uhh hey but not for a few months when it comes out. Maybe around Jan or Feb
me- Are you sure I have read they are available already.
him - maybe they meant the K100, we have those.
me okay thanks anyway.

Next day I emailed them asked again. Got a response from the manager. Guess what have one in stock today and you can come and look at it if you want.

I just laughed. Have not gone tolook yet but trying to this week. I have a fealing it will not sell since anyone asking may get a different answer each day.

11-28-2006, 03:47 PM   #35

Received mine today :-)

Estonia, Europe. Pre-ordered in Sept 2006 :-)
So far OK, customizing and finding out my keeper K: 100 or 10- according to personal taste, You know...
Price was superb IMO for Europe (taxes, taxes...)- $1050

Best and happy shooting, JR
11-29-2006, 02:58 PM   #36

My first post on pentax.forums. I just received my K10D which I pre-ordered from Wolf Camera NY. It arrived via Fed ex, was shipped Monday. I got it out of the box and It feels great and slightly larger than my Pentax *ist D. I like the feel of this camera better already! Can't wait to finish the battery charge and get an SD card in it.
12-01-2006, 08:48 AM   #37

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Redhawk, sounds like you have been trying hard. Good luck I am sure one will make it your way. Had the same conversation a few days ago with the local shop. Went something like this.

Me- Will you be getting the K10?
him- uhh hey but not for a few months when it comes out. Maybe around Jan or Feb
me- Are you sure I have read they are available already.
him - maybe they meant the K100, we have those.
me okay thanks anyway.

Next day I emailed them asked again. Got a response from the manager. Guess what have one in stock today and you can come and look at it if you want.

I just laughed. Have not gone tolook yet but trying to this week. I have a fealing it will not sell since anyone asking may get a different answer each day.

Sounds a lot like the stores I tried visiting. Ritzcamera apparently hires people who know nothing about cameras and I didn't even try anyplace else. There is *ONE* camera store in the University town that had the K100D and reluctantly let me play with it but the salesperson wasn't that nice (kind of creepy). I may go there again when the alleged guy who's a photo professor at the college is on shift. We'll see. But I forsee myself buying it online just because I don't feel that camera shop is worth my patronage.

12-02-2006, 04:02 PM   #38

It's on the Fedex truck

I am finally tracking it - on a truck just south of Chicago. I should have it Tuesday.
12-02-2006, 06:00 PM   #39
Veteran Member

Picked mine up yesterday Woo Hoo ;-)
12-03-2006, 08:54 AM   #40
Inactive Account

Still Waiting

I'm supposedly getting one directly from Pentax. I have a contact there. I was shown the camera in September, was told shipping would be late November, then after the first of December. I've already gone out and bought lenses for it and SD cards. I hope it was not a premature move on my part....
12-04-2006, 12:56 PM   #41

Ah, so today I called up the only non-chain camera store here in Delaware: Cameras Etc, here's how it went (i called both their stores):

me: hi, do you know when you guys will be getting in the Pentax K10D?
lady: (long pause) we have the K100, did you mean that one?
me: no, the K10D
lady: i never heard of that one
me: oh, that's a shame, well thanks anyway.

So i call their other location that's located near a university:
me: Hi, do you guys know when you'll be getting the Pentax K10D?
guy: Oh yeah, I placed an order, should be here in a week.
me: oh great, the lady at your other store didn't know what I was talking about
guy: really? well i'll have to talk to that store
me: so are you getting them w/ the kit lens or bodies only?
guy: I ordered them both ways
me: ok cool. so can you tell me when the K10 comes in?
guy: sure.... (long pause) oh the K10 ? Do you mean the K100D?
me: no...the Pentax K10-D
guy: are your numbers right? where did you hear about that camera?
me: it's all over the internet, and i'm on a pentax forum and we're all talking about it. B&H and Adorama in NYC are supposedly getting a few in but the west coast got it first.
guy: oh, i'm going to talk to my Pentax Rep, call again later

Sheesh!! Camera stores around here really suck. I should work at one of them. Apparently you don't have to know anything about cameras except for what C*non and N*kon has.
So now everyone knows I *tried* to order locally. :P