Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2009, 11:21 AM   #91
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Ah...Only Stevie could have come up with that one...Steve, give me a call. I am shooting for ELLE International at the end of November. Want to come to Paris and assist me on that one. It is for 15-18 Elle Magazines around the globe. If your up to it...
Thanks Ben, sent you an email.

11-09-2009, 06:51 PM   #92
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
I don't care who it is that buys Pentax, just two things that matters most to why Pentax is what it is today.

1) Don't slap their name over Pentax like Sony over Minolta. (Literally killed the Minolta brand, it probably won't be remembered in fifteen years from now because of that.)
2) Don't downgrade Pentax. (History for making well built bodies, weather-sealed & top lcd even on entry-level line-ups, solid sturdy feel on the bodies, etc.)
Minolta was already gone. They merged to Konicac to become Konica-Minolta, and then they sold off their camera unit to Sony. So, Minolta was not "literally killed".

Your point #2 is the scary one. A consumer electronics company may indeed abandon "feel" in an attempt to gain (cheap) marketshare.
11-09-2009, 06:52 PM   #93
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PrimeObjectif Quote
I can hear C&N users already, "Junior Varsity Camera"

:P
That is just awesome!
11-09-2009, 06:56 PM   #94
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
JVC and Kenwood sucks! It will be interesting how Pentax will go with JVC and Kenwood, I always thought they were cheap "Wal-Mart exclusive-like" brands.
Nope. JVC studio monitors are legendary.

Prior to becoming somewhat of a "me, too" brand, Kenwood was one of the most important companies in radio and sound reproduction technologies.

11-09-2009, 06:58 PM   #95
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lazaruscomeout Quote
They would be able to absorb pentax easily enough. We might even start to see an improved product cycle. It would be a good fit, period. They could give a kit lens away with each body for a while, but the lens wouldn't stayfree forever.

Sorry
This is just too bloody funny!