Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2009, 05:44 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Novoflex Pentax DA to m4/3 do control aperture...

The blue ring on adapter rotates to control pentax aperture on non aperture ring pentax lenses.
So I've read.
No hands on confirmation.

Novoflex brings mount adapters for Micro Four Thirds: Digital Photography Review

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
You are wrong. If there is no mechanical coupling to the diaphragm lever of a K-mount lens, then it's always stopped down to the value that's on the diaphragm ring (in older K-mount lenses) or the smallest f/stop (in the case of the newer lenses such as the DA's). So, the older K-mount lenses are perfectly usable while the newer ones are almost unusable (because of the lack of an aperture ring). And that's why I quit buying new lenses: older lenses are so much easier to adapt to newer cameras or cameras of other brands. If I want to switch systems then I don't need to sell my lenses

11-09-2009, 07:02 AM   #17
RaduA

Eternal Sunshine of the Clueless Mind

The kind of people we're talking about here will link to each other sorry excuses of a blog or site to create the appearance of multiple sources when in fact in 99.99% of the cases they know exactly NOTHING AT ALL. Remember FF and MF at Photokina 08? What about Samsung GX30, rings any bells? A lot of other b.s. "inside info" those people "had"?

The Rumorizator says "I have info" but he "has info" just about ONLY things that are vague and far away. Were are those precious "inside knowledge" about 645D a camera that is confirmed by Pentax and will be ready in the few months ahead? What about the next lenses that will appear in the future? Where were his "info" about the K-x until one day before launch?

When you predict 100 things the statistics say that you'll be (accidentally) right at least a couple of times. I still wait for that to happen with this folks!

Radu
11-09-2009, 07:05 AM   #18
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
GX-30 - Samsung decided not to launch GX-30 with K-7's sensor. NX system has 14.6 MP sensor with 4.5 fps.

New APS-C sensor will be in GX-30. The same will be in K-7's successor.

K-x - who cares about so low-end camera? I knew about 12 MP Sony sensor in K-x.
11-09-2009, 09:26 AM   #19
Pentaxian

I've got it... it's not that you have no idea, you just don't care
And you know only about "worthy" things... but can you give us some real data? When will that "GX-30" on the market? Specs? Anything?

11-09-2009, 10:13 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by amonsul Quote
Can't even use correct grammar on this "announcement"

I bet it took less than 15 minutes to make this up...whoever posted this to k-rumors...

I won't believe that one of the largest electronics makers in the world has to resort to M$ Paint

Strike One for this rumor...
QuoteOriginally posted by eurostar Quote
I find strange that the camera would have K bayonet (with the same register distance). If done with a short mount, this camera would be heaven for adapters to use every lens ever made at its original field of view...
To me, that's pointless to have the same 45.46mm register distance. The body won't be any smaller...so that means...they only did it so that K mount lenses could be used. If it's also true that they are taking out the screw drive AF, that removes past and current Samgsung-labeled lenses from use...as well as not even confirming if all or any Pentax K mount lenses will work.

Where's the logic in that?

Strike Two...
QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
You are wrong. If there is no mechanical coupling to the diaphragm lever of a K-mount lens, then it's always stopped down to the value that's on the diaphragm ring (in older K-mount lenses) or the smallest f/stop (in the case of the newer lenses such as the DA's). So, the older K-mount lenses are perfectly usable while the newer ones are almost unusable (because of the lack of an aperture ring). And that's why I quit buying new lenses: older lenses are so much easier to adapt to newer cameras or cameras of other brands. If I want to switch systems then I don't need to sell my lenses
Then we're back to stop-down metering...the aperture stopdown even on 1970s lenses is one of the reasons I love Pentax. Next, we can only hope they don't cripple the meter with electronic-less lenses a la sub-D200 Nikons.
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I've got it... it's not that you have no idea, you just don't care
And you know only about "worthy" things... but can you give us some real data? When will that "GX-30" on the market? Specs? Anything?
Anyone remember the flash discussion? ogl said "I don't know anything about new flashes since I don't use flash"

So there's Strike Three...

Like the Mythbusters say...I'm gonna go ahead and call this one busted for now. Someday...yes...we could see this happen. Why would they release the NX with an all new lens system and a wait time of over a year...and concurrently release a FF camera with no lenses (banking on the use of Pentax's mount?) with NO LEAD TIME?

If it doesn't sound true, it probably isn't...they even used Times New Roman for the "banner"
11-09-2009, 10:20 AM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I would definitely find it hard to believe that they would abandon screw driven lenses. At the same time, a full frame camera would likely require a complete line up release. Whether or not the DA primes are useable on full frame, they would be pretty weak in spots. It might explain why Pentax has been so quiet on the lens front this year, if they are trying to fill an SDM only full frame line up.
For manufacturing purposes it is much cheaper to make a motor driven AF system. Mechanical devices are time consuming to machine and adjust. A motor driven system can control it all by the computer and a signal. The mechanical parts in the camera body become an electrical circuit. This is the future. Many autos no longer have door window cranks and mechanical linkage for locks. It is far cheaper to provide power windows and locks on all cars for exactly this reason. Nikon only allows use of their older screw driven AF lenses on their top of the line bodies. It's only a matter of time before everyone goes this direction and mechanical AF will end on bodies. Everybody will kick and scream for a while and then go buy new lenses.
11-09-2009, 10:38 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Samsungian Quote

The blue ring on adapter rotates to control pentax aperture on non aperture ring pentax lenses.
So I've read.
No hands on confirmation.

Novoflex brings mount adapters for Micro Four Thirds: Digital Photography Review
Yep but m43 has a shorter register distance. Since that FF GX is supposed to keep the original K mount register, how could aperture be controlled?

Maybe there's a trick but without knowing more, I'm dubious...

11-09-2009, 10:53 AM   #23

Sony is rumored to be already working on an EVIL camera and a FF EVIL Camera. It looks like Samsung is trying to get the jump on Sony. By choosing the K-Mount, Samsung taps into a large pool of legacy lenses and lens manufacturers. Samsung was rumored to be working on some of its own lenses (remember the photo and post of the 85mm a few months ago) but also lenses from Pentax, Tokina, Sigma, Voigtlander and Samyang to name a few. If Samsung came out with a new lens mount who would be on board to help them produce new lenses?.

Look at the problems Olympus is having their Micro 4/3 system; no lenses! Only two zoom lenses announced by Olympus for 2010? You have to wait until 2011 to see anymore new Olympus lenses for the Micro 4/3 system. Plus an EVIL camera with an APS-C or FF sensor will stomp a Micro 4/3 camera into the ground.

Last edited by Angevinn; 11-09-2009 at 01:44 PM.
11-09-2009, 10:58 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Agreed

Agreed, it won't work on a normal K Mount register distance including an adapter. However aperture control is possible with non aperture ring at lensmount K-Mount lenses adapted to micro4/3. Novoflex has done this for G Series Nikon too. These two adapters makes m4/3 cameras far more appealing to right buyer.

Personally, I doubt any samsung related rumours thesedays. Wasn't NX supposed to launch July 29th 2009? All they did was show non touchable NX one more time in colors. No specs, no mount, no lenses...

Words instead of product don't carry much weight with me now.

Rumors for me tend to be fun reading as some do come true.

Rumours concerning full frame or aps-c mirrorless samsung interchangeable lens cameras:

Been there done that.

I'm seriously considering trimming my kit down to just primarily autofocus glass. It may be by the time Samsung or who ever makes the perfect adapter mount platform I may have zero interest in it having already sold off my cool old manual focus glass inleiu of mainly having a pretty complete autofocus imaging system.

But I am just one person so its no big deal.

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Yep but m43 has a shorter register distance. Since that FF GX is supposed to keep the original K mount register, how could aperture be controlled?

Maybe there's a trick but without knowing more, I'm dubious...
11-09-2009, 12:51 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Competetion gains foothold while Samsung Roadmaps fantasy products

Competetion gains foothold while Samsung Roadmaps fantasy products

If interested heres a thread with pix from Pentax 35mm Macro Limited adapted to a Panasonic m4/3 digital camera.

Coincidentally using a Novoflex adapter with its rotating blue ring that controls aperture:

Pentax + M4/3 = Perfect: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
11-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #26
Veteran Member

I take this with a huge block of salt, mainly because I don't give Samsung credit for being that smart. This, to me, makes more sense that the NX ever did.

I said a while ago, shave the prism hump off of a K-m and there's your m43 fighter w/o tons of R&D. But what if you:
- Shave the prism hump off
- Gut the interior to accommodate a bigger sensor
- Put in a full frame sensor
- Build it in an existing mount so it have glass available from day one.

Well, that actually doesn't sound like an m43 fighter. That sounds like an M9 fighter. Compact, full frame, doesn't cost a god-awful fortune. Where you'd stack the VF would be a question. But how cool would that be? Again, I don't give Samsung credit for being that smart.
11-09-2009, 05:41 PM   #27

Probably it is false, but there is a possibility EVIL GX work with actual Pentax/Samsung/Sigma/Tamron lenses.

This camera could come with all electronic contacts necessary to a new FF line lenses (AF, aperture, etc), but it also could have a screw motor and mechanical system to aperture of actual lenses like the actual Pentax/Samsung cameras.

junyo
"I don't give Samsung credit for being that smart."

I agree...
11-09-2009, 06:00 PM   #28
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This rumour doesn't interest me all that much, but I find it amusing when someone broaches a rumour and ogl comes in and says "I knew that".
11-09-2009, 06:10 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Let's all wait for the facts shall we!!!
11-10-2009, 01:54 AM   #30
Pentaxian

But let's not hold our breath while we're waiting