Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2007, 02:56 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Another Pentax Meeting

Will be meeting next week with the whole team at PENTAX. Preparing the press and the marketing for the up and coming "Salon" in Paris. If there is anything new that I can share, I will. I'll see what I can find out regarding the 645D.

Ben

Last edited by benjikan; 06-06-2007 at 03:20 PM.
06-06-2007, 03:01 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thread moved. Please always try to post in the right category and not just in the first forum in the list. Have you noticed the new forum section I just added?

I'll be looking forward to the news Pentax will give you! Thanks in advance for sharing

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-06-2007, 03:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
General...No?

QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
Thread moved. Please always try to post in the right category and not just in the first forum in the list. Have you noticed the new forum section I just added?

I'll be looking forward to the news Pentax will give you! Thanks in advance for sharing
I am so bad at catagories in life in "General"..Figured it was "General". Mo, no problem stick 'em where you want. Your better at that than I am..

Benji
06-06-2007, 10:26 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Will be meeting next week with the whole team at PENTAX. Preparing the press and the marketing for the up and coming "Salon" in Paris. If there is anything new that I can share, I will. I'll see what I can find out regarding the 645D.

Ben
As it has been uncovered that Pentax will be including the focus accuracy adjustment for lenses in the menu of the new cameras like the new Canon has - maybe you can ask if they will be including this new feature in a future K10D firmware. As it is purely a software update, it would be ridiculous for them not to give it to us, and a mistake to assume current K10D owners are not the type of customer to want this.

Also, you mentioned that you wanted to say more about the K10D issues at the last meeting with them, but were unable due to time. Maybe you can find out if anything specific is being worked on for future firmware updates such as instant lock-on AF option without double check, jpeg (and RAW) IQ tweaks, more menu options, etc.

06-07-2007, 02:43 AM   #5

Ask them for an option for a dedicated B&W capture - I want RAW & JPEG, with the RAW file normal and the JPEG file in my preference of B&W conversion (as per the built-in B&W filter. Or how about automatically bracketing the B&W conversion channels - that would be neat.
06-07-2007, 08:05 AM   #6
Inactive Account

harass them about the DA* lenses... im sick of worrying when im caught in rainstorms with my 18-55!
06-07-2007, 02:38 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Hi Ben,

Harass them about the 645D as well

regards

Giorgos

06-07-2007, 06:30 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by option Quote
harass them about the DA* lenses... im sick of worrying when im caught in rainstorms with my 18-55!
They have already announced that the 16-50 and 50-135 were delayed but will be available at the end of july. I have already orderd mine.
06-10-2007, 05:56 PM   #9
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by MikePerham Quote
They have already announced that the 16-50 and 50-135 were delayed but will be available at the end of july. I have already orderd mine.

i ordered mine in march, thinking it would be available before i went into the bush for work this summer...
06-10-2007, 09:33 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MikePerham Quote
Mike,

I, like you hope for July, but quite frankly what I am hearing is substantially later than that. Think of months with autumn names.

Don't take this for gospel... but... time is a passing...

Stephen
06-17-2007, 12:02 PM   #11

Did I miss anything worthwhile comming from this meeting?
06-27-2007, 06:35 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I Have...

QuoteOriginally posted by Gio645 Quote
Hi Ben,

Harass them about the 645D as well

regards

Giorgos

When we were eating I looked Y. in the eyes and said..What about the 645D..He smiled, I smiled, he said, of course it will come out. I said when...He said, sooner than you think. I said..You don't know when I think it will come out. He said it "IS" coming out. That game of Tennis went on for a while... It got to be kind of fun. That is when I changed the subject and said..Hey what about the new DSLR's..That is where the "Sensor" subject came up and you know the rest.
06-27-2007, 08:10 AM   #13
Inactive Account

When we were eating I looked Y. in the eyes and said..What about the 645D..He smiled, I smiled, he said, of course it will come out. I said when...He said, sooner than you think. I said..You don't know when I think it will come out. He said it "IS" coming out. That game of Tennis went on for a while... It got to be kind of fun. That is when I changed the subject and said..Hey what about the new DSLR's..That is where the "Sensor" subject came up and you know the rest.
Thanks for the info Ben, much appreciated!
"Sooner than you think...." Well, when do you think 645D is comming out?
06-27-2007, 09:28 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
My Gut Feeling

QuoteOriginally posted by Gio645 Quote
Thanks for the info Ben, much appreciated!
"Sooner than you think...." Well, when do you think 645D is comming out?
Now this is only my "Gut" feeling and isn't anything endorsed by Pentax. I have a feeling not until January of 2008...
06-27-2007, 01:07 PM   #15
sft

Now this is only my "Gut" feeling and isn't anything endorsed by Pentax. I have a feeling not until January of 2008...
Thats pretty soon. I was guessing more along the lines of spring/summer 2008. Will be great if its sooner. So Benji, when its out will you be using the top-end dSLR at that time or will you move up to MF?