Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2009, 06:30 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
at high ISO the Kx's reds seem a bit weak.

look at Kx vs d90 at 3200iso at the red cloth. Kx loses all detail but d90 maintains it.

Otherwise Kx seems superior in all other situation.

12-01-2009, 08:15 AM   #62
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote

look at Kx vs d90 at 3200iso at the red cloth. Kx loses all detail but d90 maintains it.

Check the sample images with noise reduction turned off. They may not be available in the comparometer but you can find them for sure on the K-x samples page. I haven't checked it myself since I'm not too concerned about it but I'm told that the red fabric is much better there.

Melander: Is that first image on ooc jpeg or processed from RAW? If so, what converter do you use?
12-01-2009, 09:52 AM   #63
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote

Are you comparing RAW converted, JPEG w/ natural, or JPEG w/ default bright settings (IR)?
12-01-2009, 02:59 PM   #64
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by er1kksen Quote
Check the sample images with noise reduction turned off. They may not be available in the comparometer but you can find them for sure on the K-x samples page. I haven't checked it myself since I'm not too concerned about it but I'm told that the red fabric is much better there.

Melander: Is that first image on ooc jpeg or processed from RAW? If so, what converter do you use?
I always shoot raw and process in LR2.6 and did the noise reduction on second in CS4 Noise ninja.

12-01-2009, 04:15 PM   #65
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by melander Quote
I always shoot raw and process in LR2.6 and did the noise reduction on second in CS4 Noise ninja.
Thanks. I've been looking for a different RAW converter to handle my higher-ISO pics and the lightroom result looks excellent. I've been a base-ISO shooter for years and RAWTherapee has always given me fantastic results (it's based on DCraw) but it doesn't do any noise control... with no random pixel suppression, you get random white pixels everywhere. I'll certainly be giving lightroom a look!