Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2010, 11:17 AM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
PS...I also would suggest that the next FF Pentax coming out will be a 24-25 megapixel camera, that will come in at €1999,00, sometime in 2nd to 3rd quarter of 2010.

01-01-2010, 01:16 PM   #92
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I also would suggest that the next FF Pentax coming out will be a 24-25 megapixel camera, that will come in at €1999,00, sometime in 2nd to 3rd quarter of 2010.
With the Sony sensor from the A900? I'd love to see that.

Ben, have you ever tried a Sony A900 for fashion? I think its rendering of colours and shades is superb.
01-01-2010, 02:27 PM   #93
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
With the Sony sensor from the A900? I'd love to see that.

Ben, have you ever tried a Sony A900 for fashion? I think its rendering of colours and shades is superb.
Actually, did try the Alpha 850...Very nice and a tad bit cleaner than the 900.
01-01-2010, 04:01 PM   #94
Pentaxian

Actually, did try the Alpha 850...Very nice and a tad bit cleaner than the 900.
So I've read in a magazine. With the A850 Sony has made some steps forward controlling the A900's noise.

BTW, here's an image that exemplifies what I was talking about. Good to hear the A850 withstood your scrutiny. If I won the jackpot, the Sony FFs would be something I had a close look at.

01-01-2010, 05:53 PM   #95
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Whatever Pentax comes out with for a "replacement" of the K7, I am just hoping they will keep a format so that either a K10/20D grip or a K7 grip will fit!
I still love the K20D and I use it as much as I did before I got the K7. Both now serve specific purposes and I am hoping that Pentax will keep some sort of consistency for the future camera "bodies".
And as long as can use both the APS-C and FF lenses I own.

JP
I'd be pretty confident they'll use at least the K7 style a while. I wouldn't mind seeing something else come out on the K20d chassis, either: I haven't tried a K7 yet, but the K20d is just such a nice fit for me personally. (An AF button on the grip would be very worthwhile, though.
01-02-2010, 12:44 AM   #96
Veteran Member

PS...I also would suggest that the next FF Pentax coming out will be a 24-25 megapixel camera, that will come in at €1999,00, sometime in 2nd to 3rd quarter of 2010.
I want to believe.
01-02-2010, 03:10 AM   #97
Veteran Member

Lets see what is new in Pentax's booth for CES.

A couple of key FF lenses, and I'll be a believer.

But, I just cannot see Pentax produce a K-x replacement, continue the K-7 line, the 645D, anda FF body. Four cameras, and three formats all at the same time?

CES is in a week. I hope their both shows some promise!
01-02-2010, 06:25 AM   #98
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

First of all, the 645D is not going to be made in quantities that effect over all manufacturing. I would guess that maximum they plan to sell worldwide is in the 10,000 unit range. Secondly, I forsee at some point upper end APS-C going away and full frame taking its place. Not certain when that will happen, but maybe in 2011.

01-02-2010, 10:33 AM   #99
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
I'd be pretty confident they'll use at least the K7 style a while. I wouldn't mind seeing something else come out on the K20d chassis, either: I haven't tried a K7 yet, but the K20d is just such a nice fit for me personally. (An AF button on the grip would be very worthwhile, though.
That would be nice.
Truthfully, I find the handling of the K20D "naked" (no grip) better than the K7 "naked". However, the K7 with the grip is very, very comfortable.

JP
01-02-2010, 10:34 AM   #100
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
Lets see what is new in Pentax's booth for CES.

A couple of key FF lenses, and I'll be a believer.

But, I just cannot see Pentax produce a K-x replacement, continue the K-7 line, the 645D, anda FF body. Four cameras, and three formats all at the same time?

CES is in a week. I hope their both shows some promise!
Lenses differences for APS and FF are only valid for kit zoom and WA/Normal
01-02-2010, 11:52 AM   #101
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My wish for the new year is a K30D with a 100% viewfinder, 8fps frame rate, a much faster and more accurate AF, and I'll take cleaner noise as gravy on top. I'd like a K30D because I have the battery grips for the K10/20 and I won't upgrade to a smaller body. I'd rather not have more MP as I think the 100% crops from the K20D are perfectly fine as is. The performance of the N D300 vs the C 7D proves that more MP is not necessarily an improvement.

I'd consider upgrading to a FF body with the afore mentioned improvements. A FF body will certainly stimulate a buying frenzy of the older F and FA lenses so if that is in our future I'd start getting them now. And if the FF body can use the BG2 grip so much the better.

I don't want to abandon Pentax as I've been a user for 45 years, but I do covet my brother's D300's fine overall performance. I don't covet the lens prices though.

Just my ¢¢.
01-02-2010, 12:49 PM   #102
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
I don't want to abandon Pentax as I've been a user for 45 years, but I do covet my brother's D300's fine overall performance. I don't covet the lens prices though.
Or the body prices. A d300 would actually have suited me fine, but if I'd been able to buy one on credit when I got my K20d, and applied my photo budget for the past year there, I still wouldn't have a lens at all for it ad probably owe a few hundred on it still, not even considering interest. Instead, I'm about here with the lenses I need to be getting on with and all that time's worth of getting up to speed on automation. Also, Grip, spares, cards, drive to put the stuff on... Cameras which are not here take no images at all.
01-03-2010, 09:01 AM   #103
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Well if they do introduce a FF then they sure as heck better start pumping out those FA lenses again. It should also have a "Crop" mode to make it compatible with DA lenses.
01-04-2010, 09:10 AM   #104
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jyrkira Quote
Did check what lenses were connected to K-7 and E-3 while you tested the cameras ? If there was a fast lens connected to E-3 and the kit lens on K-7 then this lens makes a big difference in brightness.
The E-3 had their 14-45mm f/2.8-3.5 on it. So that very well could have been the difference, however it was drastic, so I'm not 100% sure. Would be nice to compare both with eqv focal length f/2 primes.

QuoteOriginally posted by elkarrde Quote
what?
three of my friends, all of them E3 owners (with 7-14, 14-54, 12-60, 50-200, panaleica 25/1.4, panaleica 14-150), were impressed by mere K100Ds viewfinder, when they saw it for the first time. all of them were even more impressed by K-7 viewfinder, so i think you were not paying enough attention, or you had really bad light conditions. or you're just trying to draw some attention to this thread.
Just stating what I saw. Opinions vary I suppose. I also tested out every full frame camera on the market aside form the D3x. IMHO opinion the K7's VF is a notch below both the 7D and D300 (I thought the 7D had the best APS-C view finder and ergo's I've felt, it's shocking that Canon makes it really), and the Canon 1Ds is just in a different class that every other DSLR. The A850/900 is close, but no camera turns on the lights like the 1Ds.

I guess the E-3/K7 is open for debate. However, the K7 should clearly blow it away since it has a larger sensor and it simply doesn't. There is also no debate that the finder is a huge step down from ever full frame DSLR and also a small step down from the Canon 7D. Pentax really needs to step it up for the K7 Super or whatever comes next.

And I couldn't care less what thread gets attention

Last edited by Art Vandelay II; 01-05-2010 at 08:20 AM. Reason: typo
01-04-2010, 09:24 AM   #105
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
That would be nice.
Truthfully, I find the handling of the K20D "naked" (no grip) better than the K7 "naked". However, the K7 with the grip is very, very comfortable.

JP
I love the size of the K-7 and I especially like position of it's scroll dials. Angling the front dial was a great idea. "Naked" I think the Canon 7D and Sony A850/900 have the best ergo's I've felt, but they are also both too large for a street camera IMHO. So I hope Pentax keeps the K7 size and ergos, just add a battery grip for studio and it's as good as anything on the market, but without the grip its small enough to carry all day without being a bother.