Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2009, 03:49 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Les Numeriques French review of K-x

Interesting one page review of K-x (24 November 2009).

French original:
Pentax K-x - Les Numériques

Google translate version:
Google Translate

5/5 image quality, 4/5 overall rating.

Not impressed by the video ('The video on the Kx has at least one merit: it exists.'), finding it embryonic. Very impressed with the sensor and IQ.

11-27-2009, 04:18 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Before ranting about the K-x not having 5 stars, please note that "lesnumeriques" don't rate a camera against its price or marketing segment.

Overall, "lesnumeriques" is a fantastic site for comparing electronic equipments like, TV, PC monitors, portable computers or even compact cameras, but there's more to that in a SLR camera, and there're not enough photographers for a real proper review.

I much prefer the "no measurbation" review of the Online Photographer, that are made by people that can explain why a camera is superior to another in a given situation.

BTW, lesnumeriques had probably a significant responsibility in the fact that the market share of Pentax is double in France than in the rest of the world. They like Pentax and they repeatidly said in their reviews that Pentax gives more for the money than the competition.

Regards,
Guillaume
11-27-2009, 06:07 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
No ranting from me. It was a good little review. Some interesting discussion about sensor history I've not seen before too.

In another review on site, they now also mention the K-x as comparable to the D90 and Canon 500D for IQ, so what's not to like.
11-27-2009, 08:29 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Chasseur D'images in their latest issue said the next one will have a complete review but they state that they already can give it a 5 stars rating

12-01-2009, 01:41 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Some interesting discussion about sensor history I've not seen before too.
Yup, good stuff. Thanks for the link.

I've also been surprised how good google translate works nowadays