Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2009, 10:33 PM   #91
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MikePerham Quote
Maybe the 645D will be able to use the new (upcoming) SDXC cards that can go up to 2 TB of storage and 104 MB per second transfer rate ...you think?
SDXC is the same SDHC card with the same circuit technology and higher speed/capacity.
It could be added by firmware. But...SDXC is not for sale yet.

12-02-2009, 11:13 PM   #92

645D

The 645 was my main camera for shooting weddings back in the late 80's and 90's. What a great camera it was, I remember when I was in training with another photographer "he was the one shooting the wedding" I was the backup, I showed up with my 645 and he was like wow!! that's what I should be using.
The bride bought all of my photos.
12-03-2009, 02:03 AM   #93
ogl
Pentaxian

Somebody said me...
645D will have 24*36 mm / 24*16 mm modes and could work with DA/DFA/FA.

I think it's nonsense.
12-03-2009, 09:53 PM   #94
ogl
Pentaxian

If 645D has CMOS sensor and video mode with outstanding quality of video with such huge sensor and such good fixed lenses, it could be the BOMB for pro photographers.

12-03-2009, 11:56 PM   #95
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Would the video files not be too large for the camera to handle?

I agree it would be the bomb, but, is it even possible?
12-04-2009, 12:58 AM   #96
ogl
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
Would the video files not be too large for the camera to handle?

I agree it would be the bomb, but, is it even possible?
If camera has CMOS sensor, why not???

I don't really know, but...
"...We'll be shooting another video this week on another new medium format camera that I'm testing that's going to knock everyone's socks off..." Michael R @ LL

what does it mean?
12-04-2009, 01:11 AM   #97
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote

"...We'll be shooting another video this week on another new medium format camera that I'm testing that's going to knock everyone's socks off..." Michael R @ LL

what does it mean?
He could be mentioning the RED Scarlet:

The Luminous Landscape

At least I know the persons behind LL like expensive, big cameras. No wonder they found the K-7 underwhelming...

Last edited by Asahiflex; 12-04-2009 at 01:18 AM.
12-04-2009, 02:04 AM   #98
ogl
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
He could be mentioning the RED Scarlet:

The Luminous Landscape

At least I know the persons behind LL like expensive, big cameras. No wonder they found the K-7 underwhelming...
RED is not MF system

12-04-2009, 02:50 AM   #99
Veteran Member

I already talked about RED in the medium format forum, while RED have announced a real medium format movie camera, at hudge prices (but not so insane as compared to cost of movie making) its reality have been nothing but vapoware.

The cameras announced and near to release have smaller sensor than APSC (which is not wrong per se)

Since frame rate on APSC camera have steadily increasing and pixel count seems to go to an halt. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Japanese big player in digital video (Panasonic and Sony) release big movie cameras with the smae APSC CMOS sensors as in SLR cameras.

Current DSLR with video capability are currently limited with a lot of shortcomings due to the form factor and the architecture of a picture camera. Yet, some movie makers are still opting for it for the advantages of a big sensor.

In 1 or 2 generations, cameras will pass the 10 image/s burst rate (well the 3Ds Mk II is already capable of it) With a movie camera not limited by size, power consumption or weight, it is perfectly sensible to image a camera making 25fps with the same sensor and not downzing (so with 12Mpx sensor, 12*14bits*25 Mb per second video rate, that's a massive amount of data)

Now for having a medium format movie camera .... The present burst rate on medium format back is at the moment ridiculous, and this is not only due to the massive amount of data to handle, but also to the time needed to unload the electric charges of such a hudge surface of of silicium.

Regards,
Guillaume
12-04-2009, 09:08 AM   #100

I dropped into a local camera shop (Henrys) to purchase a K20D this morning and was told it had been discontinued. Is this so, and if so, what is replacing it?

Many thanks,
Cate
12-04-2009, 09:20 AM   #101
Pentaxian

K-7. It's a kind of upper-level replacement.
12-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #102
Pentaxian

what does it mean?
Reichmann does video features about a lot of different things. When he says he's shooting a video "on" a medium format camera that he's testing, it's pretty safe to assume he means he's shooting a video about that camera, rather than shooting the video with the camera.

However, given the recent manual leak and MR's known soft-spot for Pentax MF, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he's got his hands on an early 645D... I would find that exciting.
12-04-2009, 10:28 PM   #103
ogl
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by er1kksen Quote
Reichmann does video features about a lot of different things. When he says he's shooting a video "on" a medium format camera that he's testing, it's pretty safe to assume he means he's shooting a video about that camera, rather than shooting the video with the camera.

However, given the recent manual leak and MR's known soft-spot for Pentax MF, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he's got his hands on an early 645D... I would find that exciting.
I understand this. I mean I'm testing that's going to knock everyone's socks off, not video.
12-04-2009, 10:52 PM   #104

Speculation (Take with a grain of salt)

Somebody said me...
645D will have 24*36 mm / 24*16 mm modes and could work with DA/DFA/FA.

I think it's nonsense.
Hey Ogl,

This is just an idea, since this feature may not even be on the 645D in the first place. Since the registration distance is different between Pentax MF lenses and Pentax FF & APS-C lenses a front converter (directly behind the lens but in front of the camera body) might not be the best solution. A front converter would require an optical element to make infinity focus possible with Pentax FF and APS-C lenses but degrade image quality.

The only way around this to me is if Pentax were to design the 645D with a sensor that could move forward to accommodate the shorter registration distance of FF and APS-C lenses. I'm just speculating, I'm not sure of the engineering involved or if it is even possible.

We'll know more in the coming months. If the price is right I might be interested to get back into medium format!
12-04-2009, 11:25 PM   #105
ogl
Pentaxian

I think that 645D will be announced at PMA2010 on February.