Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2009, 07:14 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
What the poll tells me is that users of the other brands were too busy taking photographs to vote.
LOL but pentaxforums is exactly that

11-28-2009, 07:19 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Here's the thread about Pentax K-7 poll at Adorama

Here's the thread about Pentax K-7 poll at Adorama, posted by John Carlson from Pentax USA.

Vote for Pentax [Page 1]: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
I was away for vacation (in a country with basically no internet ).

So, where is this post? Was there one here in PF? If so, I apologize for having opened another thread.

Over there at Adorama I read that Pentax management invited to participate in the poll. Is it true? That indeed would be a bit over the edge ...
11-28-2009, 07:26 AM   #18
Veteran Member

What the poll tells me is that users of the other brands were too busy taking photographs to vote.
Your probably 100% correct in your observation. The only other conclusion is that is that everybody that bought a K-7 voted in the poll.

VR
Darryl
11-28-2009, 08:31 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I was away for vacation (in a country with basically no internet ).

So, where is this post? Was there one here in PF? If so, I apologize for having opened another thread.

Over there at Adorama I read that Pentax management invited to participate in the poll. Is it true? That indeed would be a bit over the edge ...
This is what Adorama said on that issue:

QuoteQuote:
What actually happened? We contacted EVERY camera manufacturer when we first posted this poll to let them know that we had nominated one of their cameras. Everyone had an equal shot. Our hope was that each company would use social networks to get their respective fans and enthusiastic supporters to vote. It seems some were more successful at these efforts than others, and this might help explain the lopsided margin of victory. But judging from the comments, those who voted for the Pentax were sincere, and were serious users.
So clearly this just shows that Pentax has the best social networking, if not necessarily the best cameras

11-28-2009, 08:55 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yup, that's true. The official Pentax Facebook page was pointing people to the poll.

However, that said, they were invited to do exactly that by Adorama, as were all the other companies that were options for voters.
11-28-2009, 09:13 AM   #21
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Can one take the results to indicate that the camera buying public is just chomping at the bit for Pentax products?

I know it's only my opinion, but when a person undertakes research to buy themselves a camera and actually digs into features for value I'd think that they'd ultimate land on Pentax. The reason Canon/Nikon (or Sony/Olympus/etc.) forge ahead is prolific marketing and in store incentives that motivate sales staff to push products other than Pentax.

IMHO
11-28-2009, 10:40 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fwbigd Quote
Your probably 100% correct in your observation. The only other conclusion is that is that everybody that bought a K-7 voted in the poll.

VR
Darryl
I suspect the reason for the lopsided vote is that Pentax users tend to be "informed enthusiasts" and generally more knowledgeable about the pros and cons of other brands. A Nikon or Canon user, for instance, is less likely to know about the features and benefits of a Pentax than the other way around. Hence, my supposition is that more people just buy the major brand because of brand recognition and not as likely to vote in a poll of this nature ...if you follow my logic!
11-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #23

Good news! Hopefully this'll encourage them to carry Pentax in their rental department again.

11-28-2009, 05:05 PM   #24
Pentaxian

From the sound of it, probably too busy snarking at each other on other boards to even do that. They're always saying how they have more fps to shoot with, they must be tied up salvaging all those shots in post.

Really, actually, I think they gave that idea of Pentax marketing via here way too much credit: the thread *about* the poll had only half as many views as there were votes for the K-7. If *everyone* who viewed that thread voted Pentax (Unlikely, as everyone was talking about how the Olympus deserved the nod there, not an argument without merit,) ....and you therefore didn't count them, the K-7 still would have won by a landslide.

I was surprised the Olympus placed so low, really, despite my own reservations. By the criterion of 'importance,' it sure could be. Someday in retrospect.