Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2009, 10:21 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The most doubtful aspect of this is the style of the 'Pentax 100 Macro WR'. It doesn't say 'mm' (all pentax lenses do) and it's also a completely new style. It looks like the WR kit-lenses, but it isn't the same:

Amazon.com: PENTAX DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL Weather Resistant Lens for Pentax Digital SLR Camera: Electronics

If this is fake though, I must say it is extremely well photoshopped.

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Not without an aperture ring it can't
NaCl(I don't think it makes sense w/o an aperture ring)H2O
It could be used on film cameras that allow you to set the aperture from the body.

11-30-2009, 10:26 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Why not ...any future FF camera will likely be able to set the aperture from the camera body. You are correct that it won't work on legacy bodies though.
I Read somewhere that Pentax is not selling a lot of the DFA macro's that in fact most folks buy 3rd party macro's such as the Tamron or Sigma. Perhaps Pentax are just using the same optical formula as the existing DFA 100 macro rather than spend the dollars to design a new one and just putting it in a new body based on the very popular limiteds and adding WR to put some iceing on the cake. I don't see this as any indication that a new FF body is imminent however.
I will buy this lens if it is for real.
11-30-2009, 10:30 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clover Quote
DFA mean with aperture ring on it....
Wrong

Wrong again.

Officialy, DFA are Full frame lenses optimized for digital, nothing else (according to Pentax).

Second, FAJ are FF lenses and do not have aperture ring. Aperture ring is a thing of the past, like it or not (personnaly, I'd like it to stay but there're really worse things to happen IMO).

I dunno if this DFA100 is true or not. If it is, it smells FF camera IMO.
11-30-2009, 10:36 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
I dunno if this DFA100 is true or not. If it is, it smells FF camera IMO.
Either that or they just used the optics from the currect DFA100mm and updated it with WR and some funky new looks. Either one isn't more likely than the other in my opinion.

11-30-2009, 10:42 AM   #20
ogl
Banned

Wrong

Officialy, DFA are Full frame lenses optimized for digital, nothing else (according to Pentax).
+10. Yes. It's.
11-30-2009, 10:45 AM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kevinschoenmakers Quote
Either that or they just used the optics from the currect DFA100mm and updated it with WR and some funky new looks. Either one isn't more likely than the other in my opinion.
I found that weird since there's a DFA already, they'd just update slightly the barrel to get it WR'ed and that's it.
11-30-2009, 11:00 AM   #22
Pentaxian

This is the description of the DFA lenses printed in the manual that comes with them.
QuoteQuote:
The smc Pentax-D FA lens is an interchangeable lens for Pentax SLR cameras, its image circle covers the 35mm film format, and it also obtains optimum image clarity with Pentax digital SLR cameras.

11-30-2009, 11:10 AM   #23

this gets a 'no' from me. As has been said, it's photoshop. Good photoshop, but photoshop. On top of that I concur with others here in saying a 200/2.8 macro would be more welcome.
11-30-2009, 11:11 AM   #24
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Zebooka Quote
Could this be a future lens? New Pentax D FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR.
Penta-club.ru
This looks like it should be a DA Limited Macro, and not a DFA. Also, as much as I don't want to be a party-crasher, the the photo looks like it's been photoshopped.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-30-2009, 11:12 AM   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
This is the description of the DFA lenses printed in the manual that comes with them.
Thank you Fogel. As I wrote, there's no aperture ring at all in this 'definition'.
11-30-2009, 11:27 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Actually FA lenses (except limiteds) and the two D-FA lenses don't have "mm" after the focal length on the front of the lens. My Fa 50 says "Pentax 50."

QuoteOriginally posted by kevinschoenmakers Quote
The most doubtful aspect of this is the style of the 'Pentax 100 Macro WR'. It doesn't say 'mm' (all pentax lenses do) and it's also a completely new style. It looks like the WR kit-lenses, but it isn't the same:
Amazon.com: PENTAX DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL Weather Resistant Lens for Pentax Digital SLR Camera: Electronics
If this is fake though, I must say it is extremely well photoshopped.
It could be used on film cameras that allow you to set the aperture from the body.
11-30-2009, 11:30 AM   #27

Thank you Fogel. As I wrote, there's no aperture ring at all in this 'definition'.
Of course not, but the meaning is that the lens is made for film camera and also work on digital.

Working on film cameras mean that you can fully use it with your film camera. If you have a MZS, you will not have any Av or M modes.

FAJ are made for Crippled KAF2 ( meaning taht you need to control your aperture from the body )

I think that D-FA lenses will be only the 50 and the 100 macro that we already know. When Pentax will launch a FF DSLR, there will be a new "name"

You already mentionned FAJ, like the 18-35mm FAJ, made for the *ist D. Why such a lens like this 100mm macro will be name like D-FA...? It is a FAJ
11-30-2009, 11:30 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Oh Photoshop, is there anything you can't do?
11-30-2009, 11:34 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Hope its true. But take a look at the last zero. its blurred a bit.
11-30-2009, 11:39 AM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think starting a rumor about this lens would be odd. Why not make it something more mouth watering....like a 400mm f/5.6, 85mm f/1.4, or something else missing from the line up.

I believe this rumor.