Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2009, 01:40 PM   #46
emr

I personally have no idea whether that lens picture is genuine or not, but I find it funny that with nearly every single real picture leak during the time I've been reading this forum, most of the posters have eagerly judged it as photoshopped. Is it that we're so tired or afraid of being fooled in today's world that it's better to be overly suspicious?

Well, IF that rumor is for real, perhaps Pentax is starting to release the next generation of lenses (that cover FF)?

11-30-2009, 01:46 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Couldn't it be a new 645D lens?
11-30-2009, 01:54 PM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
Well, IF that rumor is for real, perhaps Pentax is starting to release the next generation of lenses (that cover FF)?
Why start the update-process by updating a lens that already covers FF when there's so much more important work to be done, if indeed they were indeed planning on designing an FF-capable range of lenses?
11-30-2009, 02:19 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kevinschoenmakers Quote
Why start the update-process by updating a lens that already covers FF when there's so much more important work to be done, if indeed they were indeed planning on designing an FF-capable range of lenses?
one of the reasons is that the minimal amount of work required

11-30-2009, 02:20 PM   #50
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eurostar Quote
Couldn't it be a new 645D lens?
Don't think so. 645D lenses would be marked DFA 645, or similar.

- Jason
11-30-2009, 02:22 PM   #51

Because Macro lenses are very asked one
11-30-2009, 02:38 PM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
one of the reasons is that the minimal amount of work required
Yes, or you could just leave the old DFA be, which requires no work at all. If, if, they were to start an FF line of lenses, replacing an already FF capable lens is a very weird place to begin.

11-30-2009, 02:38 PM   #53
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clover Quote
I think I am understanding what you try to tell me.
You tell me that a 100mm Macro can be called DFA and having no aperture ring because it is not supposed to be needed. I get it !
But I think that will be very weird. Because of all the things I already said. ( and also, Why did Pentax make FAJ and FA then ? )
Of course, for Pentax, it will be easier and cheaper not to found a new name. So you might really be right at the end.
Well the point simply is:
DFA means 35mm lens ready for digital, and this hypothetical lens is exactly that.
They might find better nomenclature, I agree.
11-30-2009, 02:50 PM   #54
Veteran Member

Yes, or you could just leave the old DFA be, which requires no work at all. If, if, they were to start an FF line of lenses, replacing an already FF capable lens is a very weird place to begin.
if they need just to add WR then it is the right place to start with...
11-30-2009, 02:57 PM   #55

Multi-Use

This should be a pretty nice lens. A 100mm macro let's you keep a safe distance from the subject but also the 100mm focal length is an excellent focal length for portrait work on a FF format. When I was still shooting Nikon film cameras my favorite lens for head shots was the Nikkor 105mm 2.5, this new Pentax is pretty close. Let's hope it's sharp!
11-30-2009, 03:13 PM   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I feel certain that sharpness will be the one thing that won't let anyone down.
11-30-2009, 04:21 PM   #57
Veteran Member

If this lens is available in the shops, I will definitely buy it in a flash.
It will be hard but I will let go of my FA 100/2.8 Macro for it...
11-30-2009, 04:55 PM   #58
Veteran Member

I'll believe it when it’s official, but man, I hope this is true. That is a really sweet looking lens design. The cynic in me says it’s just a photo shopped DA35 f/2.8 Limited. However, I’m going to go the optimistic route and choose to believe this is just the first of many full frame Pentax DFA lenses followed by a a Pentax 35mm camera. Hey, I can dream…

IF this is the first of Pentax's new full frame lens line up I hope instead of making two high end lines (DA* and DA Limited's) they combine the two like this mock up suggest (WR). I always thought it was odd to have two separate high-end lens lines. As much as I like the DA*'s I'd much rather have lenses like the DA*55mm in a Limited body...that is if they could figure out some way to get a SDM into a DA limited body.
11-30-2009, 05:31 PM   #59
Veteran Member

Looks amazing best looking lens in the pentax lineup?
11-30-2009, 06:09 PM   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clover Quote

FAJ is like FA without aperture ring...
Somehow... plus plastic mount.

Rui