Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-09-2009, 06:40 PM   #166
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Angevinn Quote
I hope the DFA 100mm WR is just the beginning of many DFA lenses from Pentax. Pentax will hopefully be staggering the release of DFA lenses to gather as much attention to them as they can. If Pentax were to release four or five lenses at once it wouldn't gather as much attention.

Hopefully, we'll see more announcements or releases of DFA lenses (spaced a few months apart) leading up to an announcement of a Pentax FF DSLR!

If Pentax carries the new aperture design (eight rounded blades for a perfectly circular iris) and metallic lens bodies over to all of the future DFA lenses I'll buy them all!
You said everything I think and I think it is too!

1 - Pentax launch new lenses DFA and then launch the FF body, this is a way to hold their users and generate enough forward.

2 - This form of presentation of their products, which began with the K -7, the more movement in the forums, generates much debate and make their mark Pentax always in the media and in evidence, is marketing a cheaper and gives results very .

3 - Pentax is on the right, let's wait and have a little more patience.

12-09-2009, 07:03 PM   #167
Veteran Member

DO THOSE PINING FOR FF REALISE THE PENTAX 100MM MACRO HAS ALWAYS BEEN A D-FA???

For the love of god.
12-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #168
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Why is that strange? They did that with the DA* 200/2.8 which indeed is an FA* 200/2.8 in new dress. The fact that Pentax makes an FF lens now, and more importantly, choose a different nomenclature than the cropped DA designation, strongly indicate that Pentax have an FF system coming....
It was always a D-FA, it's not new at all.
12-09-2009, 08:14 PM   #169
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
I don't think thats the focus indicator but an indicator for aligning the lens hood (indicating the top). It seems the hood is made of metal too. This looks like a serious piece of equipment. I just wait for the matching FF camera it is designed for...
I think you are on to something here - first to twig onto this line of reasoning in all these threads. Maybe I should hold onto all these M and K lenses I ahve on my For Sale table for a few more months.

(I knew this would happen AS SOON AS I sold them - been waiting three years - I called it!)

12-09-2009, 08:37 PM   #170
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I think you are on to something here - first to twig onto this line of reasoning in all these threads. Maybe I should hold onto all these M and K lenses I ahve on my For Sale table for a few more months.

(I knew this would happen AS SOON AS I sold them - been waiting three years - I called it!)
You have a separate For Sale table?

Even though I can't afford this lens at the moment, I do think it's the direction Pentax is headed. I, for one, would love a whole lineup of WR/sealed lenses. I was craving one for the past 2 days in the snow outside...
12-09-2009, 08:54 PM   #171
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
You have a separate For Sale table?
You wouldn't believe what was there last spring. It is actually a small desk that I had in Elenmentary School - I can actually see wood at the moment. :ugh:
12-09-2009, 08:58 PM   #172
Veteran Member

You wouldn't believe what was there last spring. It is actually a small desk that I had in Elenmentary School - I can actually see wood at the moment. :ugh:
That's a good feeling...I guess depending on perspective. It's kinda annoying to have a free spot just to have something appear again (really wasn't planning on finding a P3 and A 50/2 at Goodwill last week. Wait...what? ).

12-09-2009, 09:06 PM   #173
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
That's a good feeling...I guess depending on perspective. It's kinda annoying to have a free spot just to have something appear again (really wasn't planning on finding a P3 and A 50/2 at Goodwill last week. Wait...what? ).
Well, if woof hadn't posted a K and Auto-Tak 55/1.8 last month

Actually, we joke about LBA but it has gotten out of hand.

Last edited by monochrome; 12-09-2009 at 09:50 PM.
12-09-2009, 10:11 PM   #174
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It's a fake... It's a fake... LOL
12-09-2009, 10:21 PM   #175
emr

QuoteOriginally posted by henrx Quote
Post from a German Pentax Official:
DSLR-Forum - Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen - WR! Pentax DFA 100mm 1:2.8 NEU?

According to his post the image is a fake, which of course does not mean there is nothing in the making.

So much for the reliability of this Pentax "official"... I also find it hilarious that after all the cries of fake, unbased rumor etc. this ends up being a genuine Pentax press release picture.
12-09-2009, 10:36 PM   #176
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
So much for the reliability of this Pentax "official"... I also find it hilarious that after all the cries of fake, unbased rumor etc. this ends up being a genuine Pentax press release picture.
I'm with you. Out of all the stuff I've seen over the past year or so about speculations, cameras, lens lineups, etc, this one seemed the most unlikely. Go figure. I might buy one.
12-09-2009, 10:45 PM   #177
Veteran Member

Well, if woof hadn't posted a K and Auto-Tak 55/1.8 last month

Actually, we joke about LBA but it has gotten out of hand.
For a great piece like that camera, you can't pass it up. Sort of an exaggeration and definitely cliched...that might be a "once in a lifetime" purchase due to its age, production number, and especially condition.

I buy and sell cheap stuff because it's a fun hobby. They put that camera on the store shelves and not online because it requires batteries to trip the shutter...so it was assumed to be broken. I could care less about the body but the A lens is kinda nice. I was hoping to try my hand at repairing the cam

The people who say "I just spent $700 on a lens and made 3 threads over 5 days and now I want another lens lol" or the ones who keep buying and buying just to buy don't realize that's not normal...

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
With 2 or more pics...1 confirmed fake that was done pretty well...why would we blindly believe?

I am still waiting to see one attached to a camera before I consider it to be real...
12-10-2009, 01:26 AM   #178

Don't think it's fake - Pentax releases weather-resistant 100mm F2.8 Macro: Digital Photography Review
12-10-2009, 02:13 AM   #179
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I suspect we will see a DA14/2.8 WR soon. And maybe a DA50-300 WR.
For those saying that there are gaps in the lens line they should deal with first: in principle I agree, but this was a relatively simple move for Pentax, and it allow them to try a new design style that may become the future norm when they release entirely new lenses.
12-10-2009, 02:45 AM   #180
Veteran Member

If the next lens they release is a DA, then we know the DFA for this lens was just because they were rehashing a DFA design. If it's a DFA then we know it's probably a sign for things to come. Until then, we're just guessing really.