Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2009, 02:44 PM   #16
Veteran Member

A well done ad. I think they need to do more TV commercials in North America though.

12-04-2009, 02:55 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Indeed.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a version of that ad showing up in some English-language markets soon. I guess it hasn't been made just as a web video, so there must be scope for it to appear on TV.

I really like that video. As an ad, it is very well assembled - good storyline, strong visuals, nice pace, good product highlighting etc.

It's too long for TV I think - it is about 60 seconds duration. For TV use it would need to be shorter - eg 30 seconds. Would need some editing.
12-08-2009, 05:31 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The French version carries three awards represented in the last sequence:

1. Top Achat, Reponses Photo (top buy)
2. 5 Stars, Chasseur d'Images
3. Lauréat 2010 - meilleur produit numérique, Le Point (best digital product)

The ads are posted by youtubers "PENTAXDACH" and "PentaxFrance". Both have little other content. We must see the early days of new marketing activities. Both seem to be authentic Pentax accounts.

PENTAXDACH should be read as "Pentax D A CH" or PentaxGermanyAustriaSwitzerland which is the German-speaking part of Europe. DACH is marketing slang like EMEA for EuropeMiddleEastAfrica (used by some US companies).

BTW, the English language version is here:
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMY2oa9qbeo[/YT]
by youtube user pentaxhr with tags "MASTER UK 1080". "pentaxhr" seems to mean Pentax Croatia.

I agree that 60s is very long for a TV ad. However, some TV ads in Germany run this long. It is rather common to launch a campaign to run a full 60s ad a few times and then run shorther versions, 30s or 15/20s, to keep the ad in memory.

And while I agree that the ad is nice I must also say that it is just that, nice. The desert ad by Pentax made in the fifties was great.

Let me bring our old thread to your attention:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/everything-else/29860-ads-pentax-should-run.html

Last edited by falconeye; 12-08-2009 at 05:51 PM.
12-08-2009, 07:21 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Great detective work falconeye.

Has anyone actually seen any of these ads appear on TV or in any actual Pentax marketing online or anywhere else? Or are they experimenting with some sort of viral marketing strategy, beginning with 'leaks' of these vids via YT to build some buzz?

12-08-2009, 07:59 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Aha, from looking at the YouTube account profile for user PentaxDACH:
http://www.youtube.com/user/PENTAXDACH

we see that Pentax DACH is indeed:
QuoteQuote:
About Me:

Die offizielle PENTAX DACH youtube Seite für Deutschland, Österreich und die Schweiz
PentaxFrance's profile reveals little:
http://www.youtube.com/user/pentaxfrance

Neither does Pentaxhr's:
http://www.youtube.com/user/pentaxhr

aside from that they are indeed from Croatia

One interesting feature of all these offical Pentax YT user profiles is that none of them have each other marked as Friends or Subscribers.

Eg PentaxDACH has 4 friends and 13 subscribers but none of those are pentaxfrance or pentaxhr, and vice versa. I find that very funny.
12-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
One interesting feature of all these offical Pentax YT user profiles is that none of them have each other marked as Friends or Subscribers.
Yes, we see some innocent first steps by people who move mices by pushing them from aside with their index digit

Also funny is that the US/UK version which obviously does exist was posted by some Pentax affiliate in Zagreb.

I haven't seen the ad in TV but I only watch TV time-shifted skipping ads. So, I don't know ...
12-08-2009, 06:05 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Wow, that's a great commercial right there! Here's hoping they buy more airtime all over the world. The K-x is a hands-down excellent camera.

12-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Yes, we see some innocent first steps by people who move mices by pushing them from aside with their index digit

Also funny is that the US/UK version which obviously does exist was posted by some Pentax affiliate in Zagreb.
Yes, I think this may reveal several things:

(a) Pentax regional distributors are a fragmented bunch who don't talk to each other, let alone attempt to cross-promote or brand-build;

(b) Pentax needs to learn more about how to effectively use the [borderless] online environment as a marketing tool.
12-16-2009, 01:14 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Baltic emilie

Another version of the emilie ad appears, courtesy of nordicdigital in Estonia:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q2shVkF1U8[/YT]