Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2009, 07:45 AM   #226
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Boris, print size is depends on your needs, from the photo club yearly exhibition (big event for us),

...::: FOTOFORUM - TRABZON FOTO?RAF SANATI DERNE?? :::...

they asked us 60x60cm prints (24x24") ( I am Can Baytan there) , we just had to increase mat sizes, you figure.

Re: Pentax K200D and K20D printing up to A1 size: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Ignoring other variables more MP's mean better resolution but more diffraction, here comes the pixel density concept which lower is better.

DSLR SENSOR SIZE AND PIXEL DENSITY

Check the pixel density of K-x and pentax optio here
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Pentax/

Thats why the FF is better in same resoluiton, ignoring other things, an 15MP FF sensor will have less pixel density means less diffraction, also an FF sensor will have better signal/noise ratio. (More light will hit the FF sensor which has more area tan APS sensor area).

But in real life there are lots of other factors determining the resolving power and ultimately IQ, for instance the microlens technique Canon used in 7D.

But, from the samples I've seen, in resolution K-7 is competes very close to 18MP 7D , if not up to.

Last note, I am just an beginner on this technical stuff, I've moved to digital last year. There are several people here that can answer or correct these subjects competently.

Last edited by cbaytan; 12-29-2009 at 07:54 AM.