Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-09-2009, 11:31 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax D FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR lens official!

from: Pentax D FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR lens official! | Photo Rumors

the official press release is here: http://66.196.80.202/babelfish/translate_url_content?.intl=de&lp=ru_en&trurl...nt-eq-true.htm

SMC PENTAX- D FA MACRO of 100mmF2.8 WR: macro-photohunting under any conditions

DFA100MWR Pentax D FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR lens official!HOYA CORPORATION PENTAX Of imaging Of systems Of division presents SMC PENTAX- D FA MACRO of 100mm Of f2.8 WR – high-aperture auto-focal [makroobektiv], created specially for the work with the digital cameras PENTAX. All best qualities of its predecessor – SMC Pentax- D FA Of macro of 100[mm] of f/2.8. – in the new objective they are augmented by firm moisture and dust-protection, which never is excess during the photographing on nature.

Basic special features

1. the outstanding construction

New [makroobektiv] it appears considerably more solidly in the comparison with the existing representatives of a series D FA. Durable and light housing from the metallic alloy possesses outstanding ergonomics. The new construction of focusing ring will make a process of the manual focusing, important for macrophotography, more convenient and more precise. Is not forgotten the firm regime Of quick-Shift, which makes it possible instantly to pass into the regime of manual sharp focusing by the simple turning of focusing ring (after the completion of the process of self-focusing).

2. it is reliable in any situation

PENTAX- D FA MACRO of 100mm Of f2.8 WR is reliably protected from the entry inside the moisture and the dust. Photographer can hundred per-cent be concentrated on the survey by [makromodeley], without fearing, that they will sprinkle/they will sprinkle by pollen or they will somehow still do harm to objective. The unique SP- coating of front lens on the basis of fluorides will make it possible to easily clean products of vital activity of frightened insects from external of glass- objective and to immediately continue macro-contact with them. The inanimate objects of survey (water, sand, food, sparkling beverages) also no longer present danger for the objective – simply you approach as conveniently closely and make excellent photographs, disregarding of the dangerous for the technology properties “of [fotomodeli]” and the unfavorable weather conditions.

3. rounded lobes of diaphragm for guaranteeing the excellent the side

Objective PENTAX- D FA MACRO of 100mmF2.8 WR – first objective PENTAX with the practically absolutely circular diaphragm opening, because of the special form of eight [dafragmennykh] lobes. This innovation makes it possible to attain the staggering soft side and to get rid of the noticeable reflexes because of the point luminous sources.

4. excellent image quality

With the use with the digital reflex camera PENTAX this objective ensures the focal length, equivalent to 153 mm in the size 35 mm, which will allow photographer easy to obtain interesting and spectacular macrophotography with sufficiently large scale 1:1, too without approaching an object. Excellently recommended itself optics classical PENTAX- D FA MACRO of 100mm Of f2.8 ensures staggering high detailing and outstanding high-contrast image without the distortions and the outside gatings.

Furthermore, the special feature of optics PENTAX of a series D FA their lies in the fact that covering field corresponds to the frame dimension of 24[kh]36 mm, which makes it possible to use this objective with the cameras with this frame format.

Characteristics of smc PENTAX- D FA MACRO of 100mmF2.8 WR

General

the bayonet fastening KAF
control of the diaphragm full-automatic from the chamber casing
thread diameter under the filter 49 mm

Fundamental technical characteristics

the focal length 100[mm]
the optical construction 9 elements in 8 groups
the visual angle 16° (for the reflex camera), 24° (for the tape camera)
max. diaphragm F 2.8
min. diaphragm F 32
the minimum distance of focusing, m 0.303 m
the maximum multiplicity of the increase 1.00[kh]

a quantity of lobes of [diafagmy] 8

Physical characteristics

max. diameter and the minimum length 65[mm] X of 80.5[mm]
weight, g 340

Delivery set: Blend the pHs -RBE49, the cover of bayonet fastening, the cover of front lens O -LC49, the case Of s80-120

Last edited by eigelb; 12-09-2009 at 11:39 AM.
12-09-2009, 12:37 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
so being an FA lens, is this possible to be used on a full frame camera? and if so, i dont recall Pentax making a FF camera anytime soon.

in any case, good to see new lenses coming out. pentax isnt dead afterall
12-09-2009, 12:46 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GatorPentax Quote
so being an FA lens, is this possible to be used on a full frame camera? and if so, i dont recall Pentax making a FF camera anytime soon.

in any case, good to see new lenses coming out. pentax isnt dead afterall
Yes, it is a Full Frame lens. The only problem compared to previous FA/DFA is it doesn't have any aperture ring (expected IMO, but a pity). Its use on MZ/SuperA,LX etc will be hard/limited/impossible.
Now, being almost in 2010, I don't see that as a major point. It is a pity, but it was expected, and understandable.
12-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #4
Veteran Member

is pentax.ru a real site? i can't find a link to it from any of pentax's other sites

EDIT: My bad, was looking in the wrong section of the website! pentax.ru is actually pentax's russian site!

why did russia announce it first?

Last edited by jmbradd; 12-09-2009 at 01:02 PM. Reason: forgot the word "find"
12-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #5
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It has an FA limited 'look' about it.
Can't say this would have been my pick for the next lens to be developed.
12-09-2009, 01:05 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Like it was mentioned in another thread, the reason it's FF is probably because it's based on the 'older' DFA 100 optical design, which was FF.
12-09-2009, 01:24 PM   #7
Veteran Member

so it is full frame? that cant be used on film cameras....

seems like a waste of glass then if Pentax doesnt have a FF camera lined up.

If digital crop sensors only use the center sweet spot of a FF lens, whats the rest of the glass and material for? to capture glare? Seems like it could be alot smaller if it was made specifically for digital crop sensor cameras.

meh...I love pentax...but recently their decisions in products and marketing baffles me.

12-09-2009, 01:31 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by GatorPentax Quote
so it is full frame? that cant be used on film cameras....

seems like a waste of glass then if Pentax doesnt have a FF camera lined up.

If digital crop sensors only use the center sweet spot of a FF lens, whats the rest of the glass and material for? to capture glare? Seems like it could be alot smaller if it was made specifically for digital crop sensor cameras.

meh...I love pentax...but recently their decisions in products and marketing baffles me.
Their decisions have always baffled me.

But props to them if they changed their minds and are considering making an FF body!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-09-2009, 01:31 PM   #9
Pentaxian

No, it makes sense this way.
Pentax is planning it's lens line-up for the future. Even if they won't have a FF anytime soon, why closing this road by artificially restricting the 100mm macro to APS-C?
And if you think it's big, it takes 49mm filters... unlike any of it's competitors.
12-09-2009, 01:34 PM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
No, it makes sense this way.
Pentax is planning it's lens line-up for the future. Even if they won't have a FF anytime soon, why closing this road by artificially restricting the 100mm macro to APS-C?
And if you think it's big, it takes 49mm filters... unlike any of it's competitors.
Agreed. The only think which is less smart is calling 55/200/300mm DA lenses instead of DFA.
12-09-2009, 01:34 PM   #11
Ole
Administrator

No aperture ring unfortunately means that the lens is useless for macro work with manual extenstion tubes and bellows. Then again, Pentax probably figures that people interested in beyond 1:1 macro are few and far inbetween (and probbaly already have an arsenal of old macro lenses anyway).

I like the clean design of the lens. I hope it has a focus limiter, the lack of a focus limiter on the old D FA 100mm is a big negative since it makes the lens hunt a lot when used as a tele lens in autofocus mode.
12-09-2009, 01:38 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
No aperture ring unfortunately means that the lens is useless for macro work with manual extenstion tubes and bellows. Then again, Pentax probably figures that people interested in beyond 1:1 macro are few and far inbetween (and probbaly already have an arsenal of old macro lenses anyway).

I like the clean design of the lens. I hope it has a focus limiter, the lack of a focus limiter on the old D FA 100mm is a big negative since it makes the lens hunt a lot when used as a tele lens in autofocus mode.
Maybe we can hope for new extension tubes as well.....
It may use a different focusing mechanism reducing the need for a focusing limiter...
12-09-2009, 02:12 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jmbradd Quote
why not ? Russia is the closest (distance wise) state to Japan by the way...
12-09-2009, 02:17 PM   #14
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jmbradd Quote
is pentax.ru a real site? i can't find a link to it from any of pentax's other sites

EDIT: My bad, was looking in the wrong section of the website! pentax.ru is actually pentax's russian site!

Pentar's Web site (a Pentax distributor in Russia)...

Steve
12-09-2009, 02:36 PM   #15
Veteran Member

It would actually be quite stupid PR-wise if Pentax named it DFA without having at least half a mind of making an FF body in the future. With all the talk about whether they will or won't make one, announcing a lens that is FF-capable without actually planning a body to go along with that is going to annoy alot of people for getting their hopes up for no reason.