Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-06-2010, 10:39 AM   #106
Inactive Account

Location: Planet Earth, Sol system, Milky Way galaxy, Universe
QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
Pity is, there are far too many people who blame the equipment for their own shortcomings. The K20, Kx or the K-7 are very capable cameras in the right hands when actually SHOOTING...and in shooting I mean, real world shots, scenes and composed photographs, not some crappy comparison shots of some thrown together sample fodder at 15 different iso settings that mean very little other than to serve one's own fetish of noise comparisons.
If you cant make great photos with either of these three models, you need to go on to stamp collecting, toy trains, etc. It doesn't matter how sharp, clear, noise free, etc etc etc each body is in your dreams, you still cant make God appear in the photo when you spend all your time comparing minutiae instead of getting out and actually COMPOSING. How many great photographers are/were known from their portfolio of test shots?

There are those who can, and there are those who cant and usually blame the equipment.

Jason
I agree with that statement. The thing I don't get is why you post it in a topic called "DXOMark releases benchmarks for K-7 - result ordinary".

01-06-2010, 11:00 AM   #107
Veteran Member

Pity is, there are far too many people who blame the equipment for their own shortcomings.
That's true. A lot of these comparisons are nitpicking. But nitpicking for some is a hobby...and even a career for others. Live and let live.
01-20-2010, 04:58 AM   #108
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tigrebleu Quote
Until then, I suspect all APS-C sensors will be pretty close to one another in terms of image quality (at least when shooting RAW) and that improvements in the departement of noise levels will come more often from in-camera software than from sensor developpement.
- Not starting another debate on FF Vs APS, but APS have advantages on their own, so even if FF costs would come down a lot, I still think there will be room for an APS market (ie, Canon release their Mark 4 with a crop sensor for a reason...)
- If we look at what Sony is doing with their backlit sensor, we can hope improvements with APS in noise/etc. And I'm sure all sensor makers are exploring various solutions to better APS sensors in every aspects (S/N, DR, Colors, etc.) - I see no reason why we would be stuck here...
01-26-2010, 05:24 PM   #109
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
...It doesn't matter how sharp, clear, noise free, etc etc etc each body is in your dreams, you still cant make God appear in the photo when you spend all your time comparing minutiae instead of getting out and actually COMPOSING. ...
and even then, not unless you have one of the "pixie dust" lenses mounted mentioned in another recent thread. But as has been pointed out, we digress.