Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2009, 09:12 AM   #1
Forum Member

Pentax on Regis and Kelly

I was scanning through the Regis and Kelly show and there was a PENTAX camera attached to a Gorillapod SLR . The dude from WIRED magazine was hosting a segment on tech gifts under $50. He said his wife used the camera. (It looked like a K-x.)
I loved my wife of 40+years and her camera. She gave me her K200D. I sure would not try hook a flexible support to the side of a glass topped table on national TV !
I did not intend to offend anyone in this post.

Last edited by dsodko; 12-15-2009 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Just posting an observation
12-14-2009, 09:26 AM   #2
Veteran Member

no kidding - nice product placement though, definitely a different market to target, and one with money generally (stay at home moms!)
12-14-2009, 11:54 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
As a fanatical Gorillapod user, I can testify that those little legs can hold onto almost anything.
12-14-2009, 11:32 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Dude, you gotta be careful! I know that all you wanted was to share this news with us. That is fine, but your wife will stop reading after these words:

QuoteOriginally posted by dsodko Quote
If I loved my wife...
What women don't understand is that when we mention them in a sentence together with the word SLR, it is not about them at all. Which is why the word "if" has no real meaning in this case. Yet, that is the ONLY word they read/hear...

/Tommy

12-15-2009, 11:18 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tommy Quote
Dude, you gotta be careful! I know that all you wanted was to share this news with us. That is fine, but your wife will stop reading after these words:

What women don't understand is that when we mention them in a sentence together with the word SLR, it is not about them at all. Which is why the word "if" has no real meaning in this case. Yet, that is the ONLY word they read/hear...

/Tommy

Ah, all those years as 'sorta one of the boys' and I still just don't get it sometimes.
12-16-2009, 06:29 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Ah, all those years as 'sorta one of the boys' and I still just don't get it sometimes.
Don't feel bad RML, most of us don't either

NaCl(it's too bad there isn't a female to male translation dictionary like the spanish to english one)H2O