Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2009, 04:26 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
I'm assuming that poll indicates camera brand use in France ? As others have said Pentax seems to do very well in France.

I wonder why the French buy and use so many Pentax cameras ? Is the French distributor more active or ?

If the French distributor is the key to Pentax sales success in France...maybe it would behoove Pentax or Hoya, to have the French run conferences for other countries' Pentax distributors.

Having said that I think the Canadian Pentax distributor must be doing something right as we have a number of camera dealers who carry a good supply of Pentax product and seem to promote Pentax reasonably well.
France took over this year as Head Office for all of Europe. They moved from Germany to France, because France outsold all of the other countries by a long shot.

12-18-2009, 05:49 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
France took over this year as Head Office for all of Europe. They moved from Germany to France, because France outsold all of the other countries by a long shot.
A good idea given their proven results. Maybe the French should review Pentax strategy in areas other than Europe and provide some recommendations.
12-18-2009, 06:36 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I do realize there is a lot of French people who use Pentax =P

Also take a look at Olympus, beating Sony and Nikon is only 2 percent ahead. French DSLR market does look a bit different than the US.
12-18-2009, 08:34 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Quebec (French-speaking frozen region of North America, for the record) also seems to do well with Pentax. Pentax is always on display in the true camer stores, even though the cameras are almost never visible in the huge electronics stores. More people still buy Canon, without really knowing why, but Pentax does quite well. Where I work, there are more Pentax "amateur" shooters than there are Canon (and we're 650 people all counted)...

12-18-2009, 09:07 PM   #20
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
This was one smart move by Hoya.
Securing the strong is definitely a good idea.
12-18-2009, 09:12 PM   #21
Inactive Account

I thought Olympus is much more sound to wildlife shooters because of the 2x advantage for long range shooting and lighter lens. Probably just not in there.
12-18-2009, 10:07 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think this shows the effect of a good distributor. I wish Australia had a distributor with more fire in their belly than the current distributor, CR Kennedy.

Dan.